National Floors Direct Employee Reviews

Stay away
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NHDecember 18, 2018
Management is condescending and rude - marketing plan is shameful and without standards - training is jammed down your throat - culture is toxic - enough said
Hard Working and Reliable
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 14, 2018
I have worked at National Floors Direct for many years now. I have grown with the company as it has grown. One thing remains the same...the company's upper management strives for success. They work hard and they expect the same from the employees, but they always reward hard work. It is a great place to work. There is always an opportunity for upward growth. Management is honest and approachable and always fair. If you want to work hard and earn good money doing it, with the opportunity to grow into a larger role, National Floors Direct is a great place to work!!
Pros
All good things to say. Hard work pays off.
Cons
Nothing bad to say. Work hard and be honest and you'll never go wrong at National Floors Direct.
Fast paced place to make money and have fun doing it!!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 12, 2018
A typical day is you receive your quailified appointments the night before giving you all the right information about the prospect! Because of excellent TV advertising your in a true buyers home ready to purchase! Thru a series of phone calls management helps you close sales! The hardest part of the job is some times the down time getting to appointments. The most enjoyable part of the position is the nice pay check, with the various bonuses at the end of the week.
Productive and Enthusiastic Environment !
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 12, 2018
Have you ever forgotten you were at work because you had fun while working? This mainly happens when you’re working with amazing personalities. Here at NFD, we work efficiently and effectively while making it fun. You don’t just work here, you become a part of something very special.
Pros
Huge luxurious office space, awesome people, great work culture, pizza parties and free unlimited coffee
Independent and fast-paced position
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Astoria, QueensJune 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for National Floors Direct - I got to work independently and push myself, with check ins from managers. I also saw a lot of room for growth if I committed to the company and did my best. You can go as far as you want if you are a hard worker.
Pros
Good hours and pay, I liked working on my own and meeting goals.
Cons
Maybe the commute. You do need to be prepared to work hard and do a good job. If you do that, you'll be rewarded. If you don't, it's not the right position for you.
Fun, fast paced
Sales (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2018
We get to be a part of improving peoples largest investment...their home!!! Love offering the best products and services. Company really treats you fairly.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Challenging and financially rewarding in-home sales position
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYJune 12, 2018
This company expects you to work hard and do what you say you're going to do. They have a lot of leads, the leads are buyers but if you can't sell and don't work hard, you won't make it at NFD. If you can sell and follow the system you can make 6 figures in your first year and more after that.

Great company, great products, great service. Competitive environment. Managers are looking to move the sale forward no matter what.
Pros
Great leads, compensation, scheduling flexibility
Cons
Driving, pressure to be successful
Worst company ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJune 3, 2018
If you have any self respect do not work for this company. Unprofessional unethical deceitful and immoral company. They rip off customers as well as cut commissions for sales. It is a brutal inviorment to work at. Management is mean and condescending
Pros
Cons
Ther are liars who treat both employees and clients horrible
owners are mean and nasty
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMay 28, 2018
Corruption abounds in this company, law suits, owners swear at you and make you feel like garbage. They paid very little for the quality of work performed.
Terrible place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2018
Their prices are higher than the competitors. They want you to get every sale but when you drop your price and give the customer a fair price you get very little commission.
If you don’t make the sale they belittle you for leaving without a deal. They say the customer called us to come over - how can You not close the deal?
Reasons for not closing a deal- they want the 3 rooms for $899 deal but can’t sell it to them Or they are renting and will not put money into a rental with a 1 year lease .
Pros
Leads and have the right products to sell
Cons
Managment to low of a sales price and to low of a commision . You can’t make $800 a week
Worked over 2 years
Independent sales representative (Former Employee) –  Stoughton Ma.February 25, 2018
It was straight commission job. I enjoyed my time there but had a better offer. You always can look forward to getting leads on a daily basis. Some times you drive can be over 100 miles and you sell 1 room of capet at 10 % or less on an 800.00 sales basically pays your gas and tolls, gas reembursement
Pros
Always had sales calls to go on
Cons
No benefits or paid time off.
Very happy with my job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 2, 2018
i've been working for National Floors Direct for a few months now, i really like it. The schedule is great and the work is challenging in a good way. I like interacting with the customers and helping them improve their homes, i think it's rewarding to have a happy customer. you will succeed if you have a positive attitude and stay focused on your goal of helping customers and doing a good job.
Pros
good schedule, rewarding job
Cons
the commute
Great place to work, fast-paced environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Love working here! It's a fast paced environment and every day is a different challenge. Upper management is always helpful in answering any questions or addressing any concerns. Their doors are always open to assist you in whatever you need. Handling mostly office management type tasks, I am given clear direction on the tasks, goals and needs to get my job done. The workplace culture is good, everyone is friendly. It's a growing company where I can see a future career at.
Pros
Casual and friendly environment, clear direction, friendly staff
Cons
Commute from Manhattan
No ethics
Independent sales representative (Former Employee) –  Avon, MADecember 30, 2017
The owners do nor respect sales help or their customers they use old car sales tactics is the way car dealers used to do business. When customers call to complain about issues they do nor call back lots of online complaints.
Cons
All cons
Exciting, Fast -paced
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 26, 2017
Great position if you don't mind driving 1,000+ miles per week. Can be very lucrative for the right person. Must be dedicated and commit to 6 day work weeks.
Pros
People, money
Cons
living in your car
Horrible
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 21, 2017
Poor owners always yelling at you treating you like nothing. Had you work like dogs. National Floors direct was like a revolving door people never stay. low pay stressful not stable. Very hostile environment. You never know if your going to get crises at or fired. No lunch time or even breaks. They do not allow you to bring your food says it smells nasty. They steal peoples money and give them fake products. Switch and bait company
Bad management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
The management here basically wants you to kiss up to them and throw other fellow employees under the bus. There is no training or showing you how its done. Its just yelling and insults. Nobody ever stays here because the management is trash.
call center rep
Call Center / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAMarch 12, 2014
on a typical day at work i would answer inside sale calls , created sales packets booked appointments for flooring. i learned about the different kinds of flooring they carried. my co-workers were very good to me. they made me feel like part of the team for a while. the hardest part of the job was the commute i don't drive so the commute was hard to get to work. i was hired for Mondays thru Fridays and they knew that but they wanted me to work weekends. the most enjoyable part of the job was the friends i made while i was there. the company is not a bad company to work for. its just they don't know how to treat their employees and customers with respect. the checks would bounce and i had to fight with them to get my final check from them.
Pros
lunch breaks, the hours, and the friends i made
Cons
the company its self, the management
Great place to work for long term
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 19, 2013
I was earning $13/hr for data entry. My position was to set up claims that had not been set up yet. The software I had to set claims up with were a bit complicated, but you get use to it and becomes very easy. The co-workers and supervisors were amazingly helpful with great personalities of their own. The most enjoyable was just coming into work not feeling like it was work.
allot of restraint is necessary when employed by the above empoyer
Call Center Rep/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Avon, MaDecember 22, 2011
As far as the co-workers and lower managorial team, the workplace was fair, respectable, and easy going. However, the upper managorial team was very rude, disrespectful, and uncomfortable to be around. As i said it takes allot of restraint to work for this employer so, overall, i would work there again.
Pros
flexibility and overtime
Cons
upper managorial team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Floors Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

National Floors Direct Reviews by Location