National Floors Direct
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

National Floors Direct Employee Reviews

United States180 reviews

allowancenationalfuelflooringearnsaledirectcommission

Great pay for services delivered

As a trucker, I like working for a business that has as many different locations as National Floors Direct. The pay is great and there is plenty of work.

Pros

flexible hours

Pay is competitive

It is great working at National Floors Direct. Their pay is very competitive with other great benefits and we are able to adapt our time when necessary.

Pros

Flexible work hours

National Floors Direct insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Nice work system

I work at National Floors Direct. It’s always a good day when you deliver flooring to a customer and they are excited about how fast we deliver. We are right on time.

Poor Ownership / Management

No one in the training or management staff has been w/ the company for an extended period of time. It’s a high pressure sales position and company want you to sell 3 days to shops then make the purchaser sign off on it waiving it. Ownership communicates to employees in a very disrespectful manner via e-mail daily. And you get your leads for the following day between 9-11pm the night prior. They also are dishonest about pay. You have to constantly be mindful of what’s owed and fight for it monthly.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list.

I moved from the Massachusetts to Maine. Now as I move to Connecticut I will be joining the National Floors Direct, team. Great company, great place to work!

Pay is competitive

I've been a supervisor at National Floors Direct for nearly five years. It is a great environment to work in and I have been promoted several times over the years. The pay is very competitive for the New York Market.

Pros

fun environment

Cons

overtime

👍 good

👍 good place to work , you make how much you want , con el tiempo poco a poco vas aprendiendo más, buen lugar para empezar a trabajar sobre ventas de pisos

An amazing team to work with that, great compensation, bonus, and benefits, positive/clean work environment.

I've been with the company almost a year and my experience has been nothing short of exceptional! Great staff, the owners are truly phenomenal people to work with, management team will always go out their way to assist in all departments, 9/10 everyone always has such a good attitude, and the compensation is great. It has been a pleasure working here.

Endless growth opportunities

The growth opportunities feel endless here. The team is supportive, helpful, and insightful. The pay isn't bad either. I'm glad I took this position.!

Pros

long breaks

Nice benefits and incentives

This is exactly the kind of company I wanted to work with. They do great things for their people including pay very well. The benefits are not over the top expensive, and the options are incentive to stay.

Pros

long breaks

Cons

overtime

Good pay with great benefits.

I love working here. The pay and the benefits are fantastic. You are able to help all kinds of people and offer them options that make their day and benefit their homes. I meet a lot of new people too. It's exactly the right job for this extrovert with a heart.

No actual leadership or direction with owners, very disrespectful and rude owners

I started working at NFD months ago, I came in with an open mindset and willingness to want to grow within the company, within my first week I realized I was in for the worst experience I have ever had. From getting yelled and cursed out, to being belittled in front of everyone without a care in the world. If you are not a toxic and aggressive and disrespectful towards employees or customers you are not part of the NFD brand, The culture is toxic and anyone working there quickly gets demoralized and quits within weeks if you are not fired cause the owners don't like you for being or looking a certain way. If you are not the owners family or inner circle they don't give a care about you or anyone else. This has had to be the worst experience within my work experience ever.

They are disorganized and don't pay

I worked in several houses installing floors to receive for you and I never got it, I need to know where the office is to receiveThey are disorganized and don't pay

Pros

nothing

Cons

They are disorganized and don't pay

Friendly and respectful environment.

It really is about putting the customer first. While they make sure we do that they are also making sure the same is being done for all of us. They have created a friendly and respectful environment and I love that.

Pros

Good work environment, good pay.

Cons

You need to make sales. No sales, No earning

Attractive pay and benefits

NFD takes good care of its workers. The benefits and pay are awesome and they took a chance on me when I really needed a hand. They care about their people and their people also care about them.

Pros

Fuel and vehicle allowance, huge commissions.

Cons

No sales no earnings.

Terrible

Back to back appts hours apart. Always pay discrepancies. Mgmt is useless. Hours are terrible. Your percentage of commission is based on how the owner feels you should be paid. There is no set scale. Promised 8% commission most payouts are 2%

Family Oriented

It’s really nice to work for such a great company. They are very family oriented and understanding and accommodating. The crew I normally work with works just as hard as I do and I respect that.

Nice place to work

This is a nice place to work. The company really cares about its employees and I happy with my job. The work environment here is just perfect me. They also have great bennies too!

I'm having fun

I have been working here for two years and really enjoy my job. The management is really nice and I have learned so much. They care about their employees and the create a good work atmosphere.

Pros

Working condition is great and the pay is good.

Cons

Expect overtime more often.

Good Place

NFD is a good company to work for. I picked up lots of little tricks from some of the other techs who were very well versed. Management really cares about their workers and you can really tell why people have worked here for so long.

Horribly run family business

Family owned,corrupt father & sons business motto of get as much $ from the customers as possible. Worked 1st hand in warehouse & can never recommend

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Floors Direct. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits