National Football League Employee Reviews

Nfl
Cornerback (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2018
Played cornerback position
- Attended five meetings a day
- Practiced for two hours
Travel on weekends for game day
Played during the games
Went through four weeks of training camp that included twelve hour days
Mandatory community service events, Play 60 children’s event, took underprivileged youth Christmas shopping, visited the youth detention center
Attended one hundred percent of all off season workout activities
Recorded three tackles
Pros
income and benefits
Goal Driven Environment
Director of Entertainment (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2018
Employees strive for greatness and to elevate the brand in all they do. Job assignments can be competitive. Benefits are excellent. Advancement is challenging.
awsome
Dline (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2019
NFL is great and wouldn't say a bad thing about them...loyalty and advancement is what it's all about...winning is number 1. a great way to start life.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
short career
extremely stressful work environment but great compensation.
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  TN, NY, IL, FLOctober 24, 2018
pays well but a stressful performance based job security. great to travel good benefits, great pay, i really enjoyed my time in the NFL and i wouldn't, change it for anything.
It was excellent while it lasted
Athlete (Former Employee) –  ClevelandOctober 16, 2018
It’s a very temporary career most athletes only last about 3 yrs. my experience and the off season your basically surviving off of what you made during seasons
Pros
Pays great
Cons
No pay during off season and no other Benefits besides 401k
Players
Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2018
I worked directly with players in the league and I would love a chance to work for the organization as whole to get that experience. I saw the benefits of the executives I know and I would not mine sharing in that experience.
NFL workplace
Linebacker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 15, 2018
A typical day of work consist of units working together to better themselves at skills that will ultimately unite as a whole. Things such as meetings, training, and practice.
I learned skills such as communication, multi-managing, time management. I gained qualities such as accountability, leadership, and discipline. These qualities and communication skills were acquired in many different types of environment.
Management was a crucial part of the overall job duty. Time management was the most critical because we were limited to a certain amount of hours due to rules and regulations. Therefore we had to make the most out of each minute. The NFL is very diverse when it comes to culture. It is one of the most stressful work related environments there is because there is not much job security. With that being said, the environment brings many different types of attitudes and personalities. A different level character and principles are built from these types of environment. The hardest part of the job was not having a choice of which location. Not on a small scale such as city but on a big scale such as state. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting better each and every day. I take pride in honing in on my craft and getting better at whatever the task is at hand.
Pros
Great networking, Great publicity and exposure, On the field and off the field benefits
Cons
Job security
As a media strategy intern, the NFL is an ideal place to begin a career in Sports Business.
Business Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
The NFL is often frowned upon for its negative press and devlining ratings. What people fail to recognize is the larger ecosystem in which these trends occur and the fact that the NFL is still--and will be for the next several years--the big kid on the TV advertising block. Working with a tremendously high-performing team of managers with a firm financial background, it was illuminating to learn about the vast partnership landscape the NFL's cultivated and about how the NFL is positioning itself for development in the future.
Very challenging work enviroment, mostly due to the hours worked per day, but exciting to meet the NFL players
Customer Service in the VIP lounge (Former Employee) –  AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TxNovember 12, 2018
A typical workday involved cleaning the stadium before, during and after an event, taking tickets at the entrance and assisting fans with questions/problems. The most challenging part was cleaning up spilled beer/food from intoxicated fans who seemed to enjoy making the messes while we quickly cleaned up around them, but since many of my friends from school were also working there, it kept things light-hearted and we encouraged each other to keep a good attitude.

The best part about it was once I got promoted to the VIP lounge and was able to work directly with the NFL players, and being present for big events like the NFL Draft.

I was promoted after my second week and the Supervisor requested that I remain there indefinitely. I assisted the waitstaff and bartenders, tended to customers who were dining, and kept VIP area clean at all times.

Our shifts would vary from 12-20 hours in one day with minimal breaks, which is pretty brutal on anyone ~ Management was very dis-organized and was not consistent with paychecks on designated pay-days.

The most valuable aspects I learned from this job was endurance, the importance of excellent customer service, and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. (that's what got me promoted so quickly)
Pros
meeting NFL players and being present for big NFL events like the Draft
Cons
extremely long hours and minimal breaks with minimal pay
Great place to work Very exciting
Consumer Products / Licensing Expert (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
The NFL is an exciting place to work, as it resides at the intersection of sports, entertainment, and media. THere are a multitude of opportunities there, be it Licensing, Marketing, Sponsorship, or Media. What heightens the experience there is that the NFL is constantly in the public eye, so every move is under the microscope! It's very competitive, however, and the workload is intense. Having been to 20 Super Bowls, I can also tell you that the perks are good! Thank you
One of Houston's Best Work Places
Press Liaison (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2019
A fun environment and intelligent team. Long hours but big rewards. Work for one of the best in the NFL! I enjoyed working along my team members in gameday PR
Good place to work...until its not
Current member (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 20, 2018
The NFL is a good place to work until it's not. There are a lot of factors that play into your overall experience. If you work for a manager/exec who is well respected and supports you, your experience will be great. If not, good luck !
Pros
Great opportunity to volunteer to different programs and events (SB, Draft, etc)
Cons
Lack of leadership and direction, HR really is there to advocate for mgmnt, not the employee, very tight policies regarding everything!
Competitive and fast paced
Player (Former Employee) –  Seattle, San Francisco, Green Bay, and New YorkDecember 13, 2017
The NFL is competitive and fast paced. Everything changing from week to week and you have to learn it and apply it very quickly. You don't have any job security (3 year career avg.), but the benefits and pension are great. Theres a lot more to it than people think as from a cognitive aspect, this is the most underrated part of the game. Being able to adjust and apply information during the game is a very difficult task.
Miami Dolphins Worst Job Ever
Business Development Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2018
Management here has a group of insiders who are always promoted / offered opportunities other employees are not.

Definition of the Good Old Boys Club, place was the worst culture that I have ever witnessed.

Wouldn't recommend this job to even my worst enemy.

Do not take a sales position at this company, they over promise and under deliver.
Pros
Nfl
Cons
Horrible working environment
Productive and Competitive place to work
Wide Receiver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
A typical day at work started at 6am where we had to be in the weight room for lifting. Afterwards we would eat breakfast and proceed to the meeting rooms where we would go over analytics and break down film of practice the previous day/opponents. The hardest part of the day was practice where majority of the physical labor was handled but this was also the most enjoyable part of the day because your doing something you love.
• Developed skills of teamwork, leadership, time management, and excelling in a competitive environment

• Watching a film to review ways to improve my performance

• Participated in several work-out activities to ensure a healthy body

• Engaged in various community service activities and projects
Pros
Salary, Health Care Benefits, and the Competitive Environment
Cons
Not much free time
It's the NFL!! It's amazing!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
I LOVED working at the NFL. If the opportunity presented itself in a role that offered growth I'd return in a flash. I enjoyed everything about working here, and would not have left if I wasn't seriously recruited by the WNBA. I should have stayed at the NFL as it turns out.
Pros
everything
Cons
no room for growth in my position
loved it
Free agent signee to play (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2018
I was a free agent and enjoyed every minute I was in the league. I wish it never ended as it did and I was able to make a career out of it. I would have done anything to stay in the league.
It is very pleasure to work at NFL, I enjoy to work over there, but unfortunately it is a seasonal job, only Sunday,.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 5, 2018
NFL is the best place to work, if it was full time I would not look for another job.all of us work as a good team members,they treat us fairly.It is seasonal job ( September-December), also it it is once a week, if it was full time work I would love to work there.
Childhood dream come true. Professional athlete
Professional Athlete (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2018
Not your typical “job” but definitely a completely different atmosphere than any person may think. It is a job at the top level and very cut throat if you do not meet standards of coaches and front office personnel.
Pros
Title of athlete, pay
Cons
Cut throat, no gaurantees
Challenging and fun place to work.
Technical Director (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CANovember 27, 2018
The NFL gives me the opportunities to stay razor sharp with my skill set, and to learn new tricks in a positive and mentally stimulating environment. I love how they keep up on the latest technologies and push their productions to be better and better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Football League. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss