National Futures Association Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Job
Recruiter (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
• Coordinate with the recruiting team in filling all open positions within the organization, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing job candidates.

• Assist with the college recruiting program for the Chicago office by helping plan the college recruitment schedule, tracking candidate's progress in systems, sending appropriate correspondence to candidates, and conducting background checks.
Great place to work.
SR. COMPLIANCE ANALYST I, CFE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2018
Opportunities for growth.
Collaborative work environment.
The only constant here is change. If you can't roll with the punches and adapt to new processes, leadership, opportunities or whatever it may be, you might not enjoy the environment here. With that said, these changes teach us to be resilient and adaptable - both invaluable traits to learn in the workplace.
great job
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2017
great job. good benefits, good place to work, great work balance, flex time,. care about employees, and promotes advancement thru tuition reimbursement.
Pros
401k maatch
Cons
Great organization to build a career with!
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
While I have not been with NFA very long, I have never felt more supported by an organization. Everyone is extremely friendly and they truly care about and take care of their employees. They offer an exceptional benefits package and great work/life balance.
Pros
Flex periods every 2 weeks
A focused approach
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2016
A great place to start your career. Focus here is a self regulatory organization that oversees the futures and commodities markets. Support services are greatly relied upon.
National Futures Association
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
Good learning experience, great job security, and very much balanced as far as work and life. Good starting point and excellent way to learn about private companies.
Learning Environment
COMPLIANCE EXAMINER/AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
NFA has a lot of resources and working there allows employees direct access to understanding a lot of the NFA Rules that all NFA Members have to be compliant with.
Great first job
Compliance Examiner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 14, 2015
the job was relatively easy on a day to day basis. As long as you get your work done then your work/life balance is really good.
Good life work balance, good collegues, nice tutoring
Quantitative Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
I learn a lot of programming skills, interpersonal skills in NFA. The collegues are smart and willing to help. The life work balance is extremely good.

Most enjoyable part: life work balance
Hardest part: not so much
Great place to start your career
Supervisor Examinations- Compliance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
NFA is a great place to begin your career, tons of great co-workers, and many new and challenging projects available for you to cut your teeth in the industry. The culture is relaxed, and the advancement structure is not overly complex.

Travel is a large part of the job, as well as the ability to juggle multiple long term engagements.
Flex days every 2 weeks
Compliance Examiner (Current Employee) –  New York NYJuly 10, 2014
Awesome work/life balance, typical day at a hedge fund reviewing financials. Maintain professional skepticism everywhere.
Great Travel Opportunities
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2014
As a traveling auditor, employees have the opportunity to develop their career while also on limited basis enjoy their interest such as traveling.
I can make no overall rating
Arbitrator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale FL.October 10, 2013
I can make no overall Rating I only worked there part time, No more than a few hours one day every other month
Good mission, needs focus
Manager (Former Employee) –  USAugust 23, 2012
Good mission, needs focus
Management starting to pay attention to employee feedback
Challenging job that rewarded its employees for consistent hard work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2012
I joined NFA at the young age of 18 as a secretary and backup receptionist. Through hard work I ended my career as the Executive Assistant to the President and Vice President. Along the way I was responsible for the industry manual which was updated monthly and distributed to all registered commodity firms. I was also responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Disaster Recovery manuals for seven departments. I organized and took minutes for the quarterly Executive Committee meetings, 2 of which were at the World Trade Center, and for the registration committee which reviewed applications of individuals wanting to become registered brokers. A very interesting and challenging career that only ended because of my small children, who are now all grown up.
Pros
great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Futures Association. Our community is ready to answer.

National Futures Association Reviews by Location