National General Insurance Employee Reviews

BA in Testing
Business Systems Analyst-Testing (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 8, 2018
-working for this company is not something I would consider making a career out of.
-the processes are extremely outdated
-A lot of manually processes and nobody wants to change
-the company is very CHEAP
Pros
food truck days, celebrate peoples birthday
Cons
benefits sucks, pay sucks, people let titles go to their head, overworked without pay, extremely old processes
Great place to learn and grow
DIRECT SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 4, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. I wan put in position to learn and teach. Coworkers and management worked together to serve the customer daily. The bonus structure became a problem for me over time.
Pros
cafeteria, benefits, positive working environment
Cons
change in bonus structure
Great
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Babylon, NYAugust 3, 2018
My favorite job was working for GMAC Insurance now National General. worked form home had company car for my traveling. Good manager good staff got to deal directly with insurance brokers
Pros
Flexibity
Cons
amount of traveling
It jobs in cle just pawns of the olde boys in winston
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 3, 2018
Please please, do NOT working for any IT job at 800 Superior Ave. In my last year, 15% of the very small group left ---they had enough of the abuse of the Winston IT boys. If you enjoy abuse, this is the group for you. Just track the same jobs at CLE, you will see the same jobs pop up every few months. Soon, NGIC will be forced to use head hunters since they will not get any takers for they IT jobs
Cons
Abuse
Very stressful work place
Data Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 2, 2018
I performed data entry. We processed paper work for banks that sold mortgages. I was responsible for processing 35 documents an hour. The office was a different kind of office I had ever worked in. Not a lot of friendliness among coworkers.
Fun place. Employee friendly
Claim Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
National General Insc is a great place to work. Possibly the best employer I've had.

I learned many things but very useful information for my own insurance benefit.

my supervisor was great. He really cared and engaged with us.

the hardest part of my job, there really weren't many, just maybe keeping up with all the changes for policy holders.
Terrible place to work - very stressful
CLAIMS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Amherst, nyJuly 31, 2018
working spreadsheets, phones, mail, photocopying. learned spreadsheets, workplace culture stunk, hardest part of job was working with manager who yelled all the time. most enjoyable part was the people I worked with (not management).
Inbound Call Center Supervisor
Supervisor, Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2018
Manage Call Center Reps
Track employee metrics
Learned various management styles
The most enjoyable aspect of the job is to see employees succeed
The most challenging is balancing priorities of the supervisor role
Benefits
Productive and fun place with ping pong table
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 30, 2018
The culture and people at National General are great. This is a fast paced work environment. Depending on the claims role and how long you have been there you will receive 5-12 claims per day. You will sit in a cube farm with low walls so you can stand up and talk with team members which is nice for getting quick questions addressed and shooting the bull.The management is very helpful if you have problems or questions, you just have to ask when you need it because everyone constantly working there. If you do not stop to ask for help when you get stuck it is easy to get left behind, so don't be afraid to ask questions. They do have a ping pong table in the break room downstairs and host tournaments from time to time, they have an employee appreciation day every yeah with food, games, etc. The training is great and very helpful.
Pros
ping pong table
Cons
heavy work load
Would not recommend
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 27, 2018
I would not recommend anyone work here. There is very little room for advancement, the pay is not enough for the work you do and pay raises are rare. Yes you get a fair amount of time off but your PTO is lumped together with your sick time. So better hope you don't get sick shortly after taking a long vacation and using up all your PTO. And as for sick time you can only call out sick 5 days before being written up and you have to wait a year from the day called out sick for it to be bumped off. You do get benefits but from experience you will not have enough to pay off the bill without trying to stretch it out in monthly payments. The management varies but there is little communication between the upper management and the lower. Upper management only cares about the numbers and the lower management tends to fall into a bad habit of picking favorites and its rarely the person who deserves it. Either you will have too much work and will be forced into mandatory overtime or run out of work and sit around with nothing to do. And as for training when you first start off you will get a good amount of it in a few lenders but then afterwards you will get a maybe at most 15 minute run down and a look at the manual that isn't up to date. If you can handle boring work and little pay and lack of training then this is the work place for you. The company may be growing but there is still a lot of mess that needs fixing. Yet again I would not recommend working here. I am trying my hardest to get out and all my coworkers are miserable and just waiting out for retirement.
Pros
Benefits and set work hours
Cons
Too many to list.
Not a sales job
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2018
Thought I was there for sales they wanted customer service representatives. Selling subpar insurance to subpar people then get mad at you about charge backs
Call center experience
Insurance Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJuly 25, 2018
You are required to be able to babysit agents and teach them how to sell policies even if you haven't sold a policy in your career. The work environment and co workers are the only positive but everything else needs improvement. This is a poorly ran company with most of the people looking on indeed.com for a new job every minute of the day. Blind leading the blind is a very common feeling as you struggle to complete the work day. very expensive benefits and low wages considered the work load. Just know you have been warned.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Too many to list
Stressful job but helpful managers
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2018
The job itself is very intense however the coworkers and management make it an enjoyable experience. If you put in the hard work you will get recognized.
Bad Company to work for
Licensed (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 19, 2018
It seems like there is no communication between managers,supervisors (management). They pretend to care but they care more about checking on employees every little detail, but not provide employees with proper training and just throw them to answer the phone to resolve problems for customers and outfield agents, when the employee has zero knowledge of the product. Management want people to be answering as many phone calls as possible, but don't want to waste their time on training. Never had work for a worse company than this company. Very stressful.
Pros
Benefits, however the medical coverage sucks.
Cons
Stressful, proper training not given, they have too many programs & employees that act like police to check on employees.
Medical Coding Position
Systems Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 19, 2018
Coded insurance claims, called doctors for diagnosis, etc. This job was a long time ago. One of my first permanent positions in the business world. Good job.
It was an ok place to work
Claims call center specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 16, 2018
Stressful environment if talking the phone if you’re not talking on the phone then it is a pretty good place to work for the most part, benefits are good
Ok
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
If you are not a TRUE sales person this is not the job for you. PERIOD. If you like selling and like the idea of making a lot of money this is the place for you. Great management team, and personnel.
Recommended for money or culture driven individuals
Sales and Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2018
Great compensation structure, always opportunity for middle management promotion, fun and very friendly environment. However, it feels as if your career as whole and goals cannot be fulfilled working here.
terrible place to work
Claim Representative II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 8, 2018
a lot of nepotism
good old boys club
did not enjoy this job
people they employed were back stabbers and some management encouraged this behavior
much favoritism
Productive and fun to work at Nat'l General.
Claims Support/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 8, 2018
I learned how to manage my time effectively. It was pleasant to work with my immediate supervisor, very helpful and understanding of the job requirements. Management will provide free lunch on special occasions (holidays, summer, etc).
Very good benefit plans, their PTO is good too. It is a very fast paced job. It required OT very often in order to complete the job satisfactorily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National General Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight