National Guard Employee Review

View all National Guard reviews

working for the national guard
integral member (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 17, 2014
Start the day off with a unit formation to receive info for the day. Then I would go to the shop and start working on military vehicles when i was just there for monthly drill. When i was on orders for the regional training institute, my day would start off with breakfast in the dinning hall, then would go set up class rooms or prepare the range for that days activity's. I learned how to repel from a tower and a helicopter, learned how to sling load lots of equipment for transport vie air, learned allot about diesel mechanics. The management was good and the co-workers were great most of the time. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The learning experience was the best part of the job.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, and enjoyable work envirionment
Cons
long hours and sometime early morning start of day

Other National Guard Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
AUTOMATED LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAApril 20, 2018
From the time I joined my unit until now, I have been consistently busy from start of the business day (sometimes before) until close of business day. I have enjoyed serving others throughout the community, state and nation. I consider my unit one of the best to be affiliated with due to the comradery and work ethics of the entire unit. I am thankful to have been a part of something so wonderful.
Pros
Ojt
Cons
Serve and still be a civilian
CAPTAIN (Current Employee) –  CAApril 20, 2018
It takes a patriot and a well-balanced individual to become a National Guard Officer. Unlike regular army we go through the same training but have civilian careers to maintain as well. When we deploy our civilian lives have to be put on hold at a moments notice.
Pros
Leadership, development, service to country
Cons
Extra hours during the moth to plan with no pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

2.8

3.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight