National Guard Employee Review

View all National Guard reviews

Army
Soldier/ Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYNovember 6, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of fixing and maintaining all equipment. I learned to work on diesel engines, and how to troubleshoot problems with them. management was good we was always informed on what to do, where to be, what to wear, and what to do. my coworkers wee great always willing to teach the knowledge already learned by them. the hardest part of the job was being gone from family and missing out on daily life. the most enjoyable part of it was the honor in serving my country and my family being so proud of me.
Pros
the expereances
Cons
being gone from family for a year at a time

Other National Guard Employee Reviews

Great Oppurtunities
First Sergeant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 25, 2018
I loved serving my country and getting to serve other countries as well. Being in the Army was a rewarding career. Not only did I get to see quite a bit of the world, I got to spend it with some of the greatest people you'll ever meet. The best thing is, I was the only person who could prevent me from rising in the ranks to greater responsibilities. The hardest thing to deal with is a Soldier's life. I learned so much in the military, how to be organized, accomplished, making decisions,a mentor, working efficiently, values and so much more. The list goes on and on.
Great Benefits
Sergeant/Squad Leader - Chemical Operations (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILApril 25, 2018
This is not what they advertise. They say one weekend a month 2 weeks a year but, the past year ive been going in for 3 day drills and 1 month annual training. If you dont need education benefits or health care do not join.
Pros
benefits
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

2.8

3.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight