National HealthCare Corporation

Found 1,773 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,784 reviews
residentpatientnursecnanursingcnasfacilitycare

Featured review

National HealthCare Corporation selected this as a representative review
NHC is an amazing company to work for. The NHC "Better Way" helps hold partners to a standard that ensures the absolute best care is given to patients and residents. NHC has a really great team of partners/employees!

I loved working here

This place is where I learned so much and was able to do what I love by helping the elderly with everyday living! I’m blessed to be able to say that this is where my medical started and I’m thankful for every elderly person that I was able to help and make a positive impression in their everyday life!

Pros

appreciates employees, comfortable, heart warming, finding your purpose

Cons

Open 24/7, no holidays off, death, agency

National HealthCare Corporation insights

Based on 1,025 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

What is the best part of working at the company?The residents were the absolute best part.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Being forced to take care of as many residents as possible in the least amount of time possible. Knowing that each time I entered a resident's room I was on a time crunch and could only provide the minimum care and nothing extra, even if the resident wanted or needed a little extra care. I was told if extra care was needed, it'd have to wait till later instead of providing it while I was already in the room and that I couldn't do that with every resident. It was heartbreaking and stressful not being able to provide all the care I could to every resident and being forced to leave them in pain till later, if at all, because the company demanded caring for as many residents as possible in the least amount of time possible.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It was unnecessarily stressful and more unnecessarily walking back and forth, which wasn't efficient in time management either, when a certain nurse was working because she forced us to not use our time and energy efficiently. The work setting was in a long term care facility.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful, extremely fast-paced, non-stop to the point where it was hard to even squeeze in time to hydrate yourself properly, unpredictable, but despite all that it was worth it knowing that you're helping others.

Not good place

Just overall bad environment and just not good management at all so really just get new management maybe cause that'd be great people need better support and stuff

Fun place to work

Very good place. Good start off job if you are looking for work. You must work hard and have great energy coming into the workspace. You won’t regret the opportunity

Great Work Environment

NHC is a great place to work! Their mission encompasses the actions and all motives day in and day out. NHC puts the interests of the patient and employee (partner) as number 1.

What is the best part of working at the company?scheduling flexibility, holidays and weekends offWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?low census, rural area demographic, biased/partialWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?neutral to bland; innovative and engaging at timesWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?neutral to bland. I really have no give nor take with answering this particular question

No team work no caring

They can’t even stand behind the motto which is care is our business! They don’t care about residents nor employees!! They don’t think about the pts first either! All that is worried about is the money in there pocket!

Pros

Cons

No double time on holidays no caring no help no respect as a employee

Stressful environment

Low pay, staff over does not have your back. Rules do not apply to everyone, more bad days then good. Not enough bodies to cover a shift because they can't keep employees. Some CNAs mistreat the residents.

Pros

The only pro is the relationships you make with the residents, and that they will pay for your certification

Cons

Pretty much everything

Difficult, frustrating place to work

Usually work understaffed and lacking basic essential supplies. Management is completely uninvolved and not concerned about what’s happening on their units. Upper management is even less concerned and involved in the day to day happenings. Concerns brought up my staff are completely ignored. It’s an unsafe environment for both staff and patients.

Pros

Insurance is pretty good.

Cons

Understaffed

Overworked and Management Doesn’t Care

NHC is a soul less place full of upper management that will watch you drown from afar and not help at all. They really need to improve on their staffing.

Family oriented

Excellent place to work for, coworkers were great, really hated I had to leave after 2 years for family reasons in Ohio... I am planning on coming back, just don't know how soon yet..

Horrible place

Management is horrible they don’t care about the techs there’s always drama between night shift and dayshift patients and techs get verbally abused there there’s always someone talking bad about one another and it’s swept under the rug from management not all workers there are bad but the hard working ones get treated badly unless your a favorite they don’t care if your sick or have something contagious that can infect other patients they still want you to work they don’t care if your son at Home is sick no baby sitter they will have you bring the child there and supposably watch them Which yes that’s helpful but it’s also a lot when you have child with disabilities and they won’t work around your schedule they claim to be understaffed but census says different the patients there some get taken care of but not all of them it’s horrible they lost some good workers because of the way they claim a so called team there’s no team there just adults acting like children because something do go there way and not pick at everything there’s wars between night shift and day shift because supposedly patients are left soaking wet which it’s day shifts fault because after rounds and last round and everyone’s changed day shift does not change patients till after breakfast

Very average company.

Very average company. Worked in dietary. As long as you didn’t visually steal anything you could get away with anything as long as you were in good with the managers. People got away with it much and management abuses the ones that will help out and stick around. Managers asked for you to go the extra mile but when it was on the other end none was given. Double standards were pretty common and managers had favorites. Just typical work environments at most places but pretty noticeable at Cool Springs. Manager gets visibly upset on multiple occasions, storming around and about complaining about staffing, but doesn’t do anything to alleviate the burden. Complains about no help but also leaves everyday around 2-2:30.

Pros

Benefits, semi flexible schedule.

Cons

Management, double standards, lots of hours

Too much drama & hostility

Assistant Administrator creates hostile work environment, if she likes you, you're good, if not, update your resume!Management does NOT appreciate their employees, promotions only to those who suck up even if not qualified, Management cares about budgets and census, not patient care, absolutely no work life balance, NO holiday pay! Annual raises only

Pros

Getting to know patients & family, benefits are pretty decent

Cons

Hostility! Drama, work loads way too heavy and not compensated definitely not appreciated.

What is the best part of working at the company?Interaction with corporate leaders.Front line workers opinions matter.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?A lot of work to get done in 40 hours/week.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Team spirit required.What is a typical day like for you at the company?In early, out a little late, busy all day but feeling productive at the end.

Decent place.

Understaffed all the time. Pay is not the best out there. Hardly any raises. But you are appreciated and what you do goes a long way. Wish they would change the pay.

What is the best part of working at the company?The 8 hour shifts.this job gave me the flexibility I need to take care of my 3 yr old son.this was a great perk.NOT MANY JOBS HAVE 8 HOUR SHIFTS.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The pay I receive is not what I was promised. I'm still waiting.........What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Diverse and simple What is a typical day like for you at the company?I come in get report from ongoing shift and start working on the hall checkingon my patient making sure they're all well.

Fast paced. No advancement opportunity.

-Unfair pay for work load-Forced to work extra shifts when other employees call out every day-Long hours (OT pay a plus)-CNAs are miserable and rude to kitchen staff-Work here if you simply can’t find anything else

Work

Overworked underpaid, they don’t have a safe patient to staff ratio, you feel completely stressed out and don’t know what to do, no one ask if you need help

Loooved it!!

I worked at NHC for 5 yrs and yes, it was extremely stressful at times, but seeing my residents smile, or getting the one resident to finally eat something or break the barrier and get them to talk. I loved what I did.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National HealthCare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits