National HealthCare Corporation

Housekeeper35 reviews
United States35 reviews

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,784 reviews
residentpatientnursecnanursingcnasfacilitycare

It a place with lovely people at ….

I love working around people and help them out … I come to work when I need like weeks day and weekend and holidays… NHC it a lovely place to work at …

Not enough pay

It was an ok job.. Not enough pay for the job. Loved the residents and enjoyed speaking with them. Close to home so not a long commute.. Low on staff alot.

National HealthCare Corporation insights

• Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

No appreciation

No advancements, pay is not worth all you have to deal with! If you’re not ready to be stressed out, overworked and underpaid then I suggest you stay away!!!!!!

Pros

The sweet resident smiles

Cons

Low wages, understaff, work overload

Productive, energetic, fun, great support. Loved the residents. Everyone got together to help everyone succeed. Teamwork is great. Daily meetings……..

Cons

i loved my residents and working for them cleaning their rooms but management and some of the workers are lazy and do not respect them elderly people

loved my residents but my story with them is i had to take leave of absence when the covid-19 hit and when my leave was up they call me to tell me they didn’t have my position anymore

Pros

the residents

Cons

low pay not enough for what we had housekeeping do

Nhc is a great place to work. It has some ups and downs but all jobs have those. The residents are very sweet. You can always go in and be happy because everyone in the health care is sweet.

Pros

The residents

Cons

The empolyers are rude

Overall a good job

Overall job is fairly easy, you get to talk to many people make connections, be very important part of the customers lives. Good job environment and job for a good pay.

fantastic

hands down the best job I have ever held enjoyed going to work each and every day enjoyed interacting with my co workers managers and people I came on contact with throughout my shift great place to work managed well

For anyone who wants to work at a great place. Come work here. I have worked for NHC for 4 years. We take great care of our patients and the company takes great care of us employees.

It was ok

I wouldn't never work at NHC In West Ashley ever again. The poor management, always drama in that facility starting with the manager in housekeeping with her employees.

good place to work

great place to work! the patients and employees are ver kind and nice! just wish it wasn’t so low staffed all the time, in the housekeeping department and the nursing department as well!

Pros

great place to work

Cons

low staff 24/7

Great Job

Working at NHC is an amazing job! You're surrounded by wonderful coworkers as well as wonderful patients! You quickly learn the history of NHC, and part of the patient's histories as well.

Would not recommend to anyone

Stressful environment, hard to please management, low rate of pay, no room for advancement, high turn over rate, at times hard to please residents, and not enough hours.

– August 14, 2019
Hi, there. We are saddened to hear that this is the kind of experience you had at AdamsPlace. A positive work culture is highly important to us, and we'd like to know more about what areas need improvement. Please feel free to express your concerns directly to buckley.winfree@nhccare.com. We appreciate your feedback.

Not the best

Residents are amazing. Nurses and cna'sare great. Management needs to be retrained or move on. To much favoritism. Some get overtime and some get away with alot of doing nothing. Very unfair.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Most everything

It would be a better place it was different management running no favoritism no family members no close friends

Managers will hire their families and friend members and treat them a whole lot better I don't think that's right at all gave them higher pay and got away with a lot of stuff they don't treat the patients like they're supposed I've seen them when their insurance ran out they throw them out or tell them they have to go cuz that's not right their insurance ran out that's not right not for an elderly

Housekeeping/environmental services is awful

The supervisor will talk to you like you’re trash. Due to her age she gets away with it because “it’s just how she is”. I stuck it out for a year & I couldn’t do it any longer. The work you do is more serious than they’re willing to pay. It’s not a good situation.

Fun place to work at Face pace.

Fun place to work, low pay, quality management , paid time off, set schedule, help with furthering education. Would not recommend unless you really need. Job. Everyone is underpaid

NHC overview

For those who take time and effort into working , it is a burden to come into work to have everyone else's load put onto your back. Although there are many kindhearted and loving people, there are equally the opposite. In various departments there lies its own corruption. Apparently this organization doesn't have a policy against racism.... or injustice period. Hope this helps anyone who cares about their career and time.

Great people to work with an a awesome company all around.

I loved my job at NHC the people there were so frfiendly they also would take the time to show you something if you were having any difficulties with your responsibilities.

Pros

The work enviroment was great

Cons

Could pay a little better but other than the pat there were no cons

Avoid Housekeeping

There's no opportunity for advancement. Lots of tension with coworkers. Underpaid for the amount of work you do. Favoritism. And heaven forbid if you complain...you won't be heard and you just have to deal with your problem and continue to work like a dog.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Clocking in

employees

Everyone was awesome to get a long with and very helpful. Employees worked as a team to get the job done. Very fast paced and clean and tidy. Did not get that many hour for a week.

Pros

teamwork

Cons

hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National HealthCare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare National HealthCare Corporation with

Career recommendations for Housekeeper

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more