National Institute for Fitness and Sport Employee Reviews

Very professional organization. Superior management
Fitness Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 17, 2018
Loved my time with NIFS as a Fitness Manager! The management are always a phone-call away if you ever needed any assistance with your day-to-day tasks. They truly provide you with all the tools you need to be successful within the Health/Fitness industry.
Pros
Amazing management, Benefits
Cons
Loved it!
Corporate Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my manager a lot and did not want to leave! Amazing place to work for and it felt like family. I strongly suggest working there. One of my best jobs.
Wellness Center Manager
Wellness Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAFebruary 12, 2018
NIFS is a great company to work for. The upper management is always available for support and to answer a question, the company is proactive in their business, and this company cares about not only their clients, but their employees.
Loved to Volunteer there
Field Trip Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2018
NIFS is a great gym and would recommend it highly to anyone wanting to get a membership or for work. The staff is amazing and is very qualified for what they do.
I love my position at NIFS.
Youth Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2016
My co-workers are the cream of the crop. I enjoy working at NIFS because I meet new and excited students and teachers every day. Teaching them about healthy living is very exciting to me.
Fun place to work; questionable pay
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2016
NIFS is a fun place to work, as would be most gyms. This one is special because it is a world-class facility, but the management treats it like it should be a Planet Fitness (pandering to each and every little complaint from every member). The up-side to the management is some of the benefits. Continuing education is provided, which is great. The people really are great to work with (most of the time), but sometimes it is hard to accept the amount of work you must put in when you weigh that with the salary. A salaried position is a blessing in the fitness field, but at NIFS you work very hard for a salary that basically laughs in your face. Overall, a good starter job. Lots of employee turnover, and that will continue until they are compensated appropriately for the effort put in.
Pros
Continuing education, great facility
Cons
Low pay, hard work, long hours
Fulfilling place to work.
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 16, 2015
A typical day is creating/instructing exercise plans for group fitness classes, monitoring fitness facility and members, and creating educational print material for the fitness center.

Co-worker are great! They enjoy being at work and interacting with others.

The hardest part of the job may be instructing and performing group fitness classes.

The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with others and watching people develop and reach their fitness goals.
Enjoyable workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2015
Greet clients, provide workouts, motivate members. Hire, train, and recruit staff. Working with at least two co-workers each day. Most enjoyable part of the day is the clients, they are amazing caring people.