National Insurance Crime Bureau Employee Reviews

Good if you like law enforcement
Director (Former Employee) –  remoteMay 8, 2018
This company is a nonprofit organization funded by the insurance industry to investigate insurance fraud. Work is rewarding and interesting. Many employees work remotely; there are regional offices around the country but many people work from home and do some travel.
Pros
good benefits, bonuses for those Director=level and above, Exposure to latest investigative techniques and technologies. Opportunity to get the bad guys
Cons
Not a lot of care, and grooming of remote employees.
Good place to start a career
Investigative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 4, 2018
Great company/place to work for but the pay leaves a lot to be desired. Advancement is extremely limited. I would recommend to a friend as a stepping stone.
Productive and fun work place
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CANovember 20, 2017
It was a great company it was very interesting investigating stolen vehicles. Checking vin numbers for tow yards. It was interesting looking for reports for the police.
Cons
Salary was low
very quiet and confidential atmosphere
Repatriation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 29, 2017
Most of my day consisted of data entry and dealing with insurance companies and internal departments. There was no real challenges for my position and no real enjoyment either.
Pros
great salary and hours
Cons
Is ok- No company is perfect
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  ILJune 22, 2017
DA management was good. NICB is behind on the progressive market of remote work options. If you are not hired as an analyst, you have to wait several years for an analyst opening, then work a full year to have telecommute options which means you work from home 3 to 4 days and come in the office the other days for no real reason. Majority of the other positions do not consist of any type of work that requires you to be in the physical office. The internal hiring process is sketchy. Sometimes an opening is communicated for internal employees to apply. Other times they promote employees with no notice that there was even an opening.
Overall a good company to learn from be careful not to get complacent in their overly laid back environment.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation time. Yearly HQ or employee events. Good for industry networking
Cons
Not as progressive as they claim and culture needs improvement, inconsistent internal hiring practices.
Investigative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 24, 2017
Good place to work with many opportunities to learn and grow. Great way to network! Even when the job may seem repetitive everyday there are new cases and the job is always interesting.
Very active, organized, logical environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJanuary 18, 2016
My typical day at work required reviewing insurance claims, preparing reports for weekly meetings, and doing field work. My time with the internship helped me become much more superior with my analytical skills. With the help of my Agent I was able to put my knowledge, education, and my skills in analysis as well as investigation to work.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with professional investigators who have been with this field for number of years. However, this internship helped me gain more knowledge in how the Criminal Justice field works. Helped me become logical and critical thinker.
One of the best Jobs and wonderful Boss I have had the pleasure of working for.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 24, 2015
 I would organize, prepare and coordinate the Northwest Region quarterly inspections.
 It was essential to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with internal and external associates, as well as the general public and law enforcement. I had also assisted law enforcement on occasion during their search warrants identifying stolen vehicles, trailers and heavy equipment.
Retained records for all of the bait, undercover and donated vehicles in our program.
 Coordinated all paperwork between the Insurance Companies who had donated the vehicles and the law enforcement agencies who utilized any of the vehicles from the Northwest Bait/Undercover Vehicle Program.
 Assisted any and all of our 15 Agents complete data input for vehicle recoveries and Prosecutive Actions on a quarterly basis.
 Prepared monthly working group handouts and edit Agent's investigative presentations.
Pros
Given quite a bit of freedom when it came to work hours, I worked from home quite a bit.
Fraud investigator
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 22, 2015
NICB is a national company that assists their member companies (insurance companies) in investigating insurance fraud.
Interesting Job
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 19, 2014
Good job and interesting work. Management tends to protect each other instead of confront and resolving issues.
Analyst Manager, Data Analytics Department (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 27, 2014
Great place to work. Great people, great work, great culture
Best Place to Work in Illinois!
Manager, Investigative Assistants & MIG (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 4, 2014
NICB is a unique organization. It offers a fun,inviting work environment, with a supportive executive management team and many options for career progression . There is genuine concern for employees' health and well being, as well as retirement planning. The CEO routinely makes rounds and visits employees, just to see how they are doing. He makes the time to listen to their ideas or concerns. Autonomy is given to employees to do their jobs and meet organizational goals. Great leadership starts at the top, and just trickles down throughout all levels of the company. Employees believe in NICB’s vision and mission and work hard to achieve their personal best. NICB is a constantly evolving organization, always integrating the latest technology and communication software, so that all nationwide employees feel connected.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Opportunities, Personal Nutritionist, Fun Environment, Casual Friday, Support Your Favorite Sport Team, Annual Picnics, Holiday Parties, Bring Your Child to Work. Day, Career Growth
Fun work environment with great people.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 2, 2013
A typical day at NICB as an intern involved primarily in assisting the office by alleviating some of the paperwork for some. While working at NICB, I learned a lot about attention to detail when it came down to important record entry and certain documentation. The co-workers are great. They enjoy what they do and it shows.
great work life balance
Statistical Analyst (Former Employee) –  chicago il July 23, 2013
nice place to work, job stability, training, minimal time off, shortened work week.
Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 1, 2013
Good co-workers, great benefits. Hardest part of job was coverage of 3 states.
Pros
71/2 hour days
Cons
too much travel