National Jewish Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place!
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2018
productive, and fun place to work. People are freindly and and professinal. I would recommend anyone to work here. Potential to move up, and learn new things
Pros
Love the poeple
Cons
lunches are too short
Not horrible but not great
Administrative Assistant and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2018
The doctors at National Jewish Health are hands down the best and from where I was sitting, a great place to work but their office setting was the most unorganized, non-collaborative, unfriendly, job I have ever had. Upper management doesn't care about the lower level employees and that isn't the way you create an environment that you look forward to going into every day. Quite possibly why they have such a high rate of turnover there.
Clinical Research Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2018
Great manager -- made me want to come to work and was very supportive. Couldn't advance my career so I decided to make a change even though the job was good.
High-level research and collaborative atmosphere.
Lab Researcher (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2018
An excellent place to work, with decent benefits. Hours and management vary with individual PIs. Some fantastic science is being done here by some of the best in world in their fields.
Productive and fun place to work
Grants Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2018
Small company, great camaraderie. Good benefits. Working for the number one respiratory hospital in the country is awe inspiring. Management is always available for discussions. Workplace culture is laid back. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients, and how NJH doctors have impacted their health
Pros
Small company. Tight working community. Working for a cause.
Cons
Education reimbursement policy is limited
Non-profit environment with much autonomy
Finance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2018
I loved working at National Jewish Health. I had tons of autonomy and they were happy to have people jump in to help in areas they were not necessarily hired for. It is an opportunity to learn and be involved in a lot of systems, teams, projects, etc. The leadership is serious and cares immensely about patients. Resources go to the researchers, as it should be. Have made recent efforts to improve staff environment.

Hardest part is slogging into work 5 days per week, even if you can easily work from home. Some leadership is rather old-fashioned this way. It gets difficult and then there's no work-life balance. As a non-profit they do not take liberties in the area of innovative HR practices, such as providing cool perks or rewards for performance.
Did not enjoy the job itself
SR. MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2018
I had a hard time transitioning from a traveling sales position to a 9-5 work environment. I prefer to have a sales position where I make my own hours and direction. I was also micromanaged which was difficult
Pros
I enjoyed the idea of helping others with smoking session.
Cons
Micro management
Great focus on healthy educational opportunites
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2018
The school on the campus at National Jewish was a great place to work, to give students a chance to catch up and to excel in academics given their medical referrals and necessity for special placement for school. They were afforded a safe environment and one that addressed their needs, weaknesses and strengths.
Pros
Supportive colleagues
February 19, 2018

Our mission is to heal, discover and educate as a preeminent health care institution. We are happy to hear that you are able to work with our wonderful students at the Morgridge Academy here at National Jewish Health.

Was a great place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2018
National Jewish had been a great place to work, and I had worked there for many years. However, upper management decided it would be more profitable for them if they outsourced our positions, and we lost our jobs. I don't feel like this would have happened with the previous upper management, who cared very much about making sure that people kept their jobs as long as they were doing a good job.
Pros
Great health benefits at a great price
Cons
Not always competitive pay
February 19, 2018

Thank you for your service to the institution. Receiving feedback is important to us and we appreciate the information with regards to your experience.

Productive and stimulating workplace
Pulmonary Physiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver COJanuary 26, 2018
Productive and stimulating workplace. A lot of freindly and dedicated professionals that enjoyed their work.A very caring and devoted atmosphere that peoplr enjoyed working within
Pros
Stimulating work
Cons
Low pay
January 29, 2018

Thank you for your time and dedication to the institution. As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, our success is achieved through the dedication of our employees!

I have made some great friends...
Insurance & Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2018
I have never had a more traumatic work experience then I did here. HR only protects management even thought they abuse their power and are free to create a hostile work environment.

I have met some wonderful people along the and used my time to learn as much as I can to better myself and do the best job I can. .
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Abusive management and complacent Human Resource department
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your service to the institution. We are sorry to hear about your experience and want to do everything we can to address it. We encourage you to share your contact information on our secure form at the following link and a member of Human Resources team will be in touch to address your concerns: http://njhealth.org/contacthr

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2018
great place to work. Had to leave because I graduated.

The parking is horrible though. Cafeteria is great. Try the soups.

People are wonderful. Overall great place to work.
January 18, 2018

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at National Jewish Health. Thank you for being a part of the amazing team!

Harrassed and belittled by long time employee
Sr. Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2018
Management has turned a blind eye to an employee who has made new hires so uncomfortable that they either have to leave the dept. or resign. NJH should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this environment and needs to be responsible for causing all her victims emotion strife as management has been informed and so has human resources. There has to be something done about the abuse and harassment.
Other than that individual, all the rest of the staff and technicians for lovely to work with.
NJH also does not give their employees in this department paid breaks. You work 8-4:30 and get a 45 min lunch in the middle of the day.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
culture of allowing experienced employees to run the show and mistreat people, No company paid breaks
January 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and want to do everything we can to address it. We encourage you to share your contact information on our secure form at the following link and a member of Human Resources team will be in touch to address your concerns: http://njhealth.org/contacthr

A good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 27, 2017
NJ has been a great place to work. They provide cross training for different department positions. If you love to teach there is plenty of opportunity with patient teaching and mentoring student nurses and new staff. They provide learning opportunities and CEUs.The doctors are excellent. There is great teamwork between nursing staff and CNAs.
Pros
flexibility, great coworkers and doctors, good benefits
Cons
lack of job advancement, difficult to make changes at lower level.
December 29, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are excited to hear about your great experience here at National Jewish Health. As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, our success is achieved through the dedication of our employees! We encourage you to discuss with your manager or a member of the Human Resources team about developing a career path.

Busy work day with fun coworkers
BILLING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 28, 2017
* Get to work at 7:30, sort electronic referrals, register patients in Affinity, verify insurance and get any authorizations required via fax and online, answer incoming calls from patients and providers concerning referral status, work reports to insure accuracy for billing, train new employees

* I learned that a successful work place starts with positive teamwork/Interactions

* I look at management as people who set positive examples for
their employees.

* Workplace culture for me has been a diverse workplace working together to accomplish one goal and to be cordial and have respect for each other.

* The hardest part of my job is getting denials from insurance companies on patients that need it the most.

* I enjoy positive interactions with my co-workers, sharing the Holiday season together and potlucks.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No advancement
A dream workplace
Echocardiographer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 22, 2017
I loved working at National Jewish Health. The only reason I'm leaving is because I'm moving out of the country, otherwise I could have seen myself there for many more years. It is the perfect workplace. I worked in the cardiology department as a Cardiac Sonographer and all of the staff is so friendly and work seamlessly as a team. There's always someone willing to help you out and have your back. The cardiologists are amazing and extremely nice and approachable. The focus is really on patient care which makes NJH stand out as a rare gem in the health world. Benefits, hours and workload are great- employees are truly valued here. I am proud to have been a part of such an exceptional place.
Pros
Benefits, hours, workload, patient care, great team
Cons
Cant think of any
Great Place to work
Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80206November 9, 2017
I enjoy my job here at National Jewish. Most folks are friendly. Patients are wonderful. I love helping with their scheduling needs.
I would leave only to find something closer to home.
great place
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 9, 2017
wonderful place to work, great patient care, with a smooth flow. Everyone works together and has great communication skills. very family oriented I enjoy coming to work
Relaxed and easy going
Laboratory Researcher (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2017
I enjoy working at National Jewish. The only thing that do not meet my requirements is the salary. I personally just need to be able to make more money living in Denver.
I've been here for 25 years, time to move
Clinical and Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2017
I have worked her for a little over 25 years, ready to relocate now.

It's been a wonderful place to work, wonderful learning opportunities,
The people here are like my family.

I will miss them for sure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Jewish Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight