National Jewish Health Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 7, 2019
This is hands down the most horrible place I have ever worked. Management there is vindictive, manipulative, bullying and engages in setting people up for failure. Every day was a game of watching your back as fellow employees were very passive-aggressive in the truest sense of this overused term. Age discrimination is rampant here, and bulling by fellow employees goes unchallenged. Don't bother with Human Resources, they are part of the problem.
Njh
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2019
Leadership does not support or acknowledge employees. Employees care greatly for patients yet this is not recognized or valued by leadership. The CNO is absent and did not provide any leadership to any member of the nursing staff.
over worked and understaffed
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2019
on a daily basis you are asked to do more than the day would allow, then when you cant get something done you are told you don't do enough fast enough
Pros
co workers are the best
Cons
management is untrained in the job, but then demand it to be done
Increasingly Corporate Culture
Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2019
Working in the lab, most days only go for eight hours. Overtime is occasionally needed. Management has recently changed and the culture has changed with it, It is becoming increasingly like a corporation.
Horrible place to work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 19, 2019
The poor reviews are real. I didn't want tk believe it but boy was I in for a surprise. This place has so much money and no clue how to keep employees.
Pros
Parking
Do not work here
Tobacco Cessation Coach (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2019
This organization is very corporate and impersonal. They don't really care about their employees. Management is inconsistent and you never know exactly what is expected. Turn over rate is very, very high.
Great workplace, not such great benefits
Full-time Senior Lab Researcher (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2019
Great research institution with high quality researchers and physicians. It could use more investment in some lab areas.
Upper management could also be a bit more accessible.
Pros
Great staff and HR
Cons
Health insurance is not the best
Good Company
Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2019
I enjoyed working at NJH and loved the culture. It was sometimes difficult to understand the direction and seemed there was always a shortage of funds. We were told to do more with less, which lead to a challenging environment.
Pros
Benefits, people, focus on the patient and research
Cons
Do more with less, layoffs
Remarkable place for its innovation and advanced care.
Director, Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2019
The labs were unique in their offered test menu and their support to research. Truly a joy for intellectual stimulation and challenge. Did not always support the laboratory services comensorate with the contribution the departments were making. Amazing scientific directors in each of the 10 labs.
Productive workplace when certain techs were working
Imagining Technologist- Pool Tech (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 27, 2018
- the job was not too stressful
- managers were nice but did not address certain issues as they should have been
- depending on where you are scheduled the day can be more busy than others
Pros
close to my home
Cons
-some employees were not as motivated as others to put forth effort to work
National Jewish
Health Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2018
Overall a very good hospital to work for and I have no complaints. A typical day at work is well managed, and I have an excellent supervisor who is approachable and easy to work with.
Pros
Team input is encouraged and supported.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Uninspired management, no sense of teamwork.
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2018
Pros
Help patients with very difficult conditions that have not been successfully treated elsewhere. Good research. Benefits are basic, not great and medical limited to Kaiser.

Cons
A toxic work environment among marketing and development where most lower level employees feel uncomfortable, unappreciated, and undervalued. Upper management, VPs and CEO, have subtle forms of poor communication, setting people up for failure, mismanagement, missed deadlines and an air of hostility.

Uninspired management, no sense of teamwork.

Arrogant, paternalistic work culture. If you like being bullied, marginalized, manipulated and lied to by managers this is the place for you. Managers are not held accountable for their behavior, and employees are always blamed if there are any issues. Human Resources is very non-responsive.
Pros
Help patients with very difficult conditions that have not been successfully treated elsewhere, Good research, Benefits are basic, not great and medical limited to Kaiser
Cons
A toxic work environment
Awesome culture
LEAD CT TECH (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 22, 2018
This is the best ran hospital. It has a very interesting history. Everyone here really cares about each other and every patient. It's beautiful inside.
work life balance
Adult Lead Scheduler -temp (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2018
work life balance is better than my old job. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients that I see every day. I enjoy my job which their was more room for career development
Going Down
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 27, 2018
National Jewish needs to rebalance their philosophy. Science was the heart in National Jewish, but now clinical is weighing more than science. Partially because of shortage of government funding. That is a big environment in US, in science. But in local small environment, CEO dislikes science. Science costs too much and science cannot generate revenue. But in long run, without support from science, National Jewish will become a normal hospital.
Unanimous term used “toxic”
Laboratory Research (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2018
The ADx laboratories are overall a negative work environment. Easily more than half of the employees are unhappy. It is a shame since this is the “leading respiratory hospital” in the US but at the rate it is going, at least with the laboratories, I can’t see how they will manage to stay afloat.
Pros
Benefits are good, passionate researchers, flexible work hours for the most part, resume boost
Cons
Negative work environment, favoritism, poor poor management, under staffing, pay is 80% of average, zero staff appreciation, positions continuously are dissolved, work load expectations are left at the same level for the few that haven’t quit yet
horrible HR
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
Not a good place to work; find another job elsewhere -- the organization has a toxic culture. HR plays favorites and does not apply policies to their own cult!
August 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and want to do everything we can to address it. We encourage you to share your contact information on our secure form at the following link and a member of Human Resources team will be in touch to address your concerns: http://njhealth.org/contacthr

Good workplace for work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
Well, when the census in the hospitals is high, there are more work.
I like that, why, because the time is gone fast. To pick up trash, clean doctors offices, bathrooms, clean waiting areas, front desk, give high dusting, mopping and dusting is exciting for me.
August 17, 2018

Thank you for your service to the institution and for the positive feedback!

good work environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
I love national Jewish. great work environment, great pay, dress code was super relaxed. benefits were amazing. stress free and they provided lunches periodically.
August 17, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are proud to be able to support work-life balance, opportunities for growth, and competitive compensation and benefits.

Great Hospital to work for.
Chemotherapy Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work. Great hours and flexible schedule.
Good benefits for 32 Hour position.Time off with no problems getting approved if you have sick time or vacation. Will work around your schedule.
August 17, 2018

Thank you for your service to the institution. National Jewish Health has a long history of being a nonprofit organization in the Denver community and we value our employees and their work-life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Jewish Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

National Jewish Health Reviews by Location