National Jewish Health Employee Reviews

good work environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
I love national Jewish. great work environment, great pay, dress code was super relaxed. benefits were amazing. stress free and they provided lunches periodically.
Great Hospital to work for.
Chemotherapy Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work. Great hours and flexible schedule.
Good benefits for 32 Hour position.Time off with no problems getting approved if you have sick time or vacation. Will work around your schedule.
Great Cardiac lab. Friendly and welcoming people.
Echo Technologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 2, 2018
I just recently left National Jewish due to obtaining a position much closer to home. It was hard to leave such a great work environment. Everyone at National Jewish was supportive and welcoming. You can really tell that the employees are proud to work there. Their quality of care is outstanding. I left due to personal reasons, but I would recommend National Jewish as a great place to work to anyone.
Pros
long lunch breaks, low stress environment
Cons
location
An amazing job for those with kind hearts
Nutritional Food Delivery Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2018
I was a Volunteer at National Jewish Health, my job was in food services. The job was to get patients orders from my manager and start making the trays. Once all the food was made and it was time to deliver the tray, I would take a cart with all those trays all around the hospital and give them to either the patient or the nurses taking care of them so they have food. The reason I did this is because unfortunately the patients I deliver to are physically unable to get the food for them selves. For a wide variety of different reason mainly because they in a room and prohibited from leaving for different reasons.
Bad Management
Laboratory Researcher III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2018
I loved working for National Jewish except for the management. You get paid very little, but are expected to work 70-80 hour weeks, and weekends. The expectations are extremely unrealistic.
I would not recommend the scheduler position
CUSTOMER SERVICE SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2018
If you like to be micro- managed and not have the opportunity to move up in the company then this is a perfect place to work. I do not recommend here.
Struggling research hospital
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2018
The team and collaborative environments were good. The hospital seems to lack in management principles (for Denver) which allow reasonable salaries and oversight of expenditures (seems to be in the red all the time).
Great place!
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2018
productive, and fun place to work. People are freindly and and professinal. I would recommend anyone to work here. Potential to move up, and learn new things
Pros
Love the poeple
Cons
lunches are too short
Great for beginners.
Medical Assistant ll (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2018
Pay wasn't great, but work is not too hard. Not a whole lot of room for advancement, very good place for new hires. Also great for people who need a set schedule.
Not horrible but not great
Administrative Assistant and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2018
The doctors at National Jewish Health are hands down the best and from where I was sitting, a great place to work but their office setting was the most unorganized, non-collaborative, unfriendly, job I have ever had. Upper management doesn't care about the lower level employees and that isn't the way you create an environment that you look forward to going into every day. Quite possibly why they have such a high rate of turnover there.
Clinical Research Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2018
Great manager -- made me want to come to work and was very supportive. Couldn't advance my career so I decided to make a change even though the job was good.
High-level research and collaborative atmosphere.
Lab Researcher (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2018
An excellent place to work, with decent benefits. Hours and management vary with individual PIs. Some fantastic science is being done here by some of the best in world in their fields.
Productive and fun place to work
Grants Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2018
Small company, great camaraderie. Good benefits. Working for the number one respiratory hospital in the country is awe inspiring. Management is always available for discussions. Workplace culture is laid back. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients, and how NJH doctors have impacted their health
Pros
Small company. Tight working community. Working for a cause.
Cons
Education reimbursement policy is limited
Non-profit environment with much autonomy
Finance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2018
I loved working at National Jewish Health. I had tons of autonomy and they were happy to have people jump in to help in areas they were not necessarily hired for. It is an opportunity to learn and be involved in a lot of systems, teams, projects, etc. The leadership is serious and cares immensely about patients. Resources go to the researchers, as it should be. Have made recent efforts to improve staff environment.

Hardest part is slogging into work 5 days per week, even if you can easily work from home. Some leadership is rather old-fashioned this way. It gets difficult and then there's no work-life balance. As a non-profit they do not take liberties in the area of innovative HR practices, such as providing cool perks or rewards for performance.
Did not enjoy the job itself
SR. MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2018
I had a hard time transitioning from a traveling sales position to a 9-5 work environment. I prefer to have a sales position where I make my own hours and direction. I was also micromanaged which was difficult
Pros
I enjoyed the idea of helping others with smoking session.
Cons
Micro management
Great focus on healthy educational opportunites
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 16, 2018
The school on the campus at National Jewish was a great place to work, to give students a chance to catch up and to excel in academics given their medical referrals and necessity for special placement for school. They were afforded a safe environment and one that addressed their needs, weaknesses and strengths.
Pros
Supportive colleagues
February 19, 2018

Our mission is to heal, discover and educate as a preeminent health care institution. We are happy to hear that you are able to work with our wonderful students at the Morgridge Academy here at National Jewish Health.

Was a great place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2018
National Jewish had been a great place to work, and I had worked there for many years. However, upper management decided it would be more profitable for them if they outsourced our positions, and we lost our jobs. I don't feel like this would have happened with the previous upper management, who cared very much about making sure that people kept their jobs as long as they were doing a good job.
Pros
Great health benefits at a great price
Cons
Not always competitive pay
February 19, 2018

Thank you for your service to the institution. Receiving feedback is important to us and we appreciate the information with regards to your experience.

Productive and stimulating workplace
Pulmonary Physiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver COJanuary 26, 2018
Productive and stimulating workplace. A lot of freindly and dedicated professionals that enjoyed their work.A very caring and devoted atmosphere that peoplr enjoyed working within
Pros
Stimulating work
Cons
Low pay
January 29, 2018

Thank you for your time and dedication to the institution. As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, our success is achieved through the dedication of our employees!

I have made some great friends...
Insurance & Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2018
I have never had a more traumatic work experience then I did here. HR only protects management even thought they abuse their power and are free to create a hostile work environment.

I have met some wonderful people along the and used my time to learn as much as I can to better myself and do the best job I can. .
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Abusive management and complacent Human Resource department
January 22, 2018

Thank you for your service to the institution. We are sorry to hear about your experience and want to do everything we can to address it. We encourage you to share your contact information on our secure form at the following link and a member of Human Resources team will be in touch to address your concerns: http://njhealth.org/contacthr

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2018
great place to work. Had to leave because I graduated.

The parking is horrible though. Cafeteria is great. Try the soups.

People are wonderful. Overall great place to work.
January 18, 2018

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at National Jewish Health. Thank you for being a part of the amazing team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Jewish Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight