National Kidney Foundation Employee Reviews

Great company
Director of the Junior Board of Directors (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Great cause. Serving the community is their goal and they strive for education, research and advocacy. Office culture is great and everyone is great to work with.
Pros
Nice people
Not so good
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
I did not have the best experience working here. The environment was very toxic and there is zero leadership. You are never praised for your work but the work keeps piling up. HR and The leadership staff are so unprofessional. There are a lot of practices that are not ethical and honest but are kept under the radar. Overall seems like a great company with a great mission on the surface but in reality the company stinks with unethical practices.
Patient, Productive, and skilled indivuals
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2018
I enjoyed myself as a volunteer. They were very helpful. They were very clear on directions. They didn't mind showing you things again if you didn't understand
Good company to work for ..Warehouse
Forklift Operator/Warehouse/MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 2, 2018
National kidney foundation is very outstanding company to work for..Benifits are well.Coworker are friendly and everyone gets along well...Driving forklift.And other..Stand up lifts..
while i was working there it was an easy fast pace environment
Assembler for Care Packages (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 1, 2017
since i was only seasonal help there, i dont think that i can offer up too much of a review. while i was there everyone was kind and worked well on their own and as a team. their were paid lunches and steady hours.
Pros
paid lunches, decent hours
Cons
only seasonal work, ended too fast
Community service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2017
I didn't work here I just volunteered here for school. They were all polite here and the tasks I had to do were easy. I liked volunteering here. I did some cleaning, organizing, and I did a lot of secretary work.
Hard Job
Provide pick-up services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2017
had to Provide pick-up services to over 1500 residents locations across the carolinas's
for all types of donations.Pick-up services including furniture household items. Successfully Driving Box trucks in daily routes. having to do so you have to be fast paced and able to be lift heavy items. majority of the time.
Place for people with no family
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2017
its decent could be better , money is ok for a single person, hours you don't have because you don't know what time you get off , some hard days some easy days depending on what you do, management is ok regular workers are friendly, keep your business to yourself, some management is understanding supervision is cool, job is ok but like I said for a single person or a small very small family but I wouldn't tell you not to try to work there because it is a decent job but not long term unless your single
Pros
you get to explore the cities and see new places
Cons
never know what time youll get off and some supervision
Positive Work Environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 12, 2017
Great experience working with community while managing several different programs and events. Most difficult part of my job is not having enough staff within the office to share responsibilities.
Work life balanceis great but compensation not competitive
Project Manager - Kidney Early Evaluation Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
Compensation is not the best. For what we were getting paid and as far as the benefits, it could have been much better and more competitive. The work life balance was great. Upper management needed to do a better job with transparency and communication as well as progressiveness.
Good working environment
SAS Programmer/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2017
Lots of health promotion in this new healthcare advisory office. Working with DC public health officials along with non profits to help promote health behaviors that help reduce and bring to light the problem of kidney disease.
Only if you have nothing else to do.
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
It takes a person to call people non stop for 9 am to 9 pm to see any money. I never made over 58 dollars..proceed at your own risk..........................
Amazing Opportunity
Project Manager/Chef (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 19, 2017
The National Kidney Foundation is an outstanding organization that helps thousands of people work through their disabilities and illness. To be a part in assisting the great organization to raise funds was an honor
Pros
Great gratification in helping others
Still finding its way
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
The organization was founded in the 1950s as a patient advocacy group, and over the years has evolved to encompass several aspects of the kidney disease world. Everything the organization is cobbled together, so many of the departments and offices are isolated or working in silos. There is no shared focus or mission. Even with that, work culture is fine, and morale is average.
Fun place and exciting place too work
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2017
My typical day will be going to house the house picking up donations from customers. I learn things this different everyday such as my route and going from City to City. Management there are very understanding real helpful to me and others. The hardest part of the job is getting Maps for the job. Meeting new people and having a great attitude.
Productive and semi stressful position
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2017
handle pick up donations from areas in Columbus , Drove company truck, unloaded at end of shift, helped fellow associates also, when at end of shift, helped around store needs.
Pros
Cons
Alot of stops on any given day
Great volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Very friendly employees especially to different communitys. They give free health screenings. Its bussy place and they travel to different areas. I enjoyed my experience with them
Pros
free lunches and you help the community
Cons
travel
I enjoy the staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2016
My typical day is a day by day working with staff from all over the states, helping them with their Jotform and setting up there events and other question. When I travel for a meeting I staff the meeting, doing registration, door count and ect. I can't say my hardest part of job I enjoy working with people.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
healthcare
Great environment, wonderful mission
Director, Programs (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with kidney patients and their family members/caregivers, learning from them, and engaging them in our programs.
Pros
Summer Fridays, 403b match
Cons
management is very top heavy
productive
Office Assistant(Internship) (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJune 22, 2016
this internship with the national kidney foundation was a great experience in which I was able to obtain new knowledge as far as Microsoft excel and word goes.
Pros
laid back enviroment
Cons
being on a computer all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Kidney Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight