National Louis University Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Adjunct Instructor, Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
This is an awesome place to work and have awesome employees and managers to help you when needed. Very clean and safe place to work and would not leave this University.
Learning disabled college age students learning lifeskills.
Transitional Social Group Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILOctober 11, 2018
Fun to work for. Always something going on. Team meetings, a chance to collaborate. I helped students schedule their free time and interaction with others. Adequate supervision. Variety. Did a lot of different things. A great job.
Pros
Great part time job. Variey, the students were great.
Cons
No benefits, worked extra for no overtime
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2018
I participated in a work-study program (part-time) so it's not indicative to full-time positions there. I rememeber a great culture and people, an easy-going stress-free environment.
The students are great to work with
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
Student Life Supervisor was horrible and SUPER unqualified for her position in National Louis University's PACE program. She made a lot of questionable judgments and refused to accept and feedback from her staff. She did not advocate on behalf of her staff and their needs to continue being effective and was consistently rude and unapproachable. Also, she condoned the negative behaviors of other staff members regardless of the safety concerns of staff and students.
Management made me feel low and like I was an irrelevant part of the team and for that reason, I would never encourage someone else to pursue a similar position with the PACE program at National Louis University.
Pros
Great students
Cons
Pay, Unfair hour distribution, poor culture, poor structure, management
Fun place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
I really enjoy meeting the new students and staff daily. Great workplace and everyone is warm and friendly. I miss the great wok relationships. The best part of the job is the campus events and free food.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Positive work environment and highly qualified student teachers
University Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 23, 2018
NLU presented me with an outstanding opportunity to work with Student Teachers during their field placement. The students were well prepared, responsible, and highly qualified.
Pros
Excellent Candidates
Cons
Only two Student Teachers were assigned to me.
Campus Sattelite
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 13, 2018
The main campus for National Louis University is located in Illinois in the Chicago area. The St. Louis campus was a functional and collaborative work environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2018
Friendly and relaxed culture. Locations of colleges are nice! Lots of use of the latest and greatest technology as innovation is one of the mission pillars.
Pros
Great benefits
Perfect part-time job
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2018
A nice work environment, however, there is not much room to grow your career. Depending on your department, work is manageable and fast pace. Communication between managers and employees could be better.
Great place, but organization is in constant state of flux
Adjunct Professor, Leadership (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2018
Loved teaching there, the programs were great. Senior leadership changed many times while I was there, and lots of financial mismanagement at the top.
Struggling Organization
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 13, 2018
Admittedly, I worked at National Louis University during a financially difficult time for the organization. I loved the leader I worked with, but ultimately I was asked to work on a full-time basis, which I could not accommodate. I was released from the University
It’s been home
staff (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 9, 2018
NLU has been home for the past nine years where I have been able to grow in my role and responsibilities. Employees who show initiative are rewarded..
Great Place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 6, 2018
National Louis University was a great place to work. They are a team building company with a great support from management.
They have a management program they will put their employees in to help build their careers.
Non profit school ran like a for profit
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
The most entitled group of students I have ever taught in my life. A group of students so soft that they can not take the slightest sliver of criticism. Every complaint is taken to multiple levels regardless of how frivolous. Ie a student that did not turn in half of the assignments will appeal their grade and get ready for weeks of emails and nonsense. Not that any adjunct jobs pay well, they manage to pay less. Disappointing job.
Diversified and relaxed work environment
Graduate Assistant (Enrollment Department (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2018
A typical day at NLU is very relaxed and productive. Every day you get to learn something new from other leaders as they serve as your mentors. The management is helpful most of the time. The culture is quite diversified that welcomes students and staff from all backgrounds. The hardest part of the job would be advancing within the company in terms of position. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Very good school, learn a lot there
Health Services Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 21, 2017
I have how to deal with solving problems, working at the university when i did, it show me how to be respectful to every one , especially people with disabilities.
The university help children who could not afford to pay.
Good
Cons
Do not pay well
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
National Louis University is a great place to work that encourages the staff to bring their whole self to work each day. NLU provides support and feedback necessary for professional growth.
Relaxed environment with friendly co workers
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2017
At National Louis, a typical day at work is very relaxed, calm as well as productive at the same time. You get to meet people from diverse backgrounds every day that gives you the importance and acknowledgment of diversity in this generation.
No advancement opportunities
Assoc Dir - Institutional Research and Planning (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILOctober 30, 2017
This higher education institution has more campuses than it can effectively manage. NLU cannot seem to adequately form a direction for its students or employees.
Good in Theory, Not in Practice
Reading and Writing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2017
Everything I've learned about the scheduling and culture here is so rigid. Their mission statement/values and passion for what they're doing is admirable, but I don't think they're living up to the potential of what they're trying to do by having everything so rigid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Louis University. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight