National Management Resources Corporation Employee Reviews

Bad company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVFebruary 8, 2019
Expected WAY too much out of the housekeepers. My supervisor herself trained me in my dorm but then would come and nitpick at stuff I had no idea that I had to clean and was going to write me up. Worked 7am-3pm at my building but was told I take to long cleaning? Not a good company to work for at all
Pros
The hours
Cons
The whole job
Much expected for little compensation
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MONovember 16, 2018
National Management Resources expects much more work than you are ever compensated for. Pay is not equal to workload. Housekeepers are expected to clean much larger areas than is possible to do an effective and efficient job. Often times supplies are limited and housekeeper do not have the items that they need to do a quality job. The benefits are bare bones in comparison to plans other employers offer. Pay is barely above minimum wage and they expect that this will entice employees that will be retained for long term employment. Unfortunately, this contributes to a vicious cycle of hiring, training, and then starting over. Employees will not stay where they are not compensated enough to live. Often times, housekeepers are pushed, while other departments, such as grounds and maintenance do not have any workload at off season times.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
pay, benefits, overall treatment
My manager at that time of employment was great to work with.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, NCOctober 25, 2018
The hardest part of the job was cleaning the male bathrooms! They were very nasty and uncaring people.They would clog the toilets and make a mess everywhere.
Pros
Manager tried her best to make employes happy and work together.
Cons
PT had no heath ins. that I remember?
Main office officials cut throat
N/A (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAOctober 21, 2018
I worked for national for two years and enjoyed it. People cared, and worked well with others. It began to turn south when both site directors at point university left for personal reasons. When this happed both times the office workers from Lagrange Georgia would fill in. The home office officials would say work your schedule we will fill in until a new site director is hired. They would basically stand over your back watching you work. (Which was fine to me) they told us there would be no changes since they did not know how we worked and how hard it would be up to the new site director. Well the very next day they begin to dismiss people from there jobs (7 to be in fact) they was told they was not being fired they was being released, and let them go they say they told them with no time to search and fine another position. I was let go “because they could not afford my position” which I made 3,000 a year with them working part time. I believe it was wrong how they did the people full time telling them one thing and letting them go the day of with no chance to find another career.
Pros
Use to be flexible hours
Cons
None until the home office officials moved in.
Cleaning is the primary goal daily
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 12, 2018
Does not pay enough for the work you do on a daily basis.. High priced insurance for families no immediate advancement opportunities poor communication with supervisors
Security work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYAugust 31, 2018
The need for security guards to use common sense and quick thinking is imperative, before a situation gets out of control. Adaptability. Being a security guard is more than just patrolling your surroundings.
Not a bad company to work for but extremly frugal with benefits and time off.
Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJJuly 31, 2018
Company seems ok but it's hard to gauge their stability as a business with the constant revolving door of management and employees. Benefits are minimal as well.. No incentives! It's just a job.
Productive, work at your own pace environment.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 10, 2018
A pretty relaxed and predictable place to work for. As long as you show up on time and clean your buildings by the end of your shift you can work your own pace. Hardest part of this job was trying to figure out which order you want to clean your buildings on a rainy day.
Poor place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 14, 2018
Corporate does not know what the local office is doing most of the time. They let an employee go because of hours and she was in her 60's only to hire younger employee.
productive
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 14, 2018
A typical day at work involves cleaning a assigned building. What i learned is that amount of work need varies everyday. the hardest part of the job is the amount of work needed on some days.
Administrative Assisitat
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 9, 2018
Very little or no direction given and then they would write you up for not following the direction. They are only concerned with making money for their company. They are not worried about saving money for the contract holders.
Cons
NO guidance
frustrating
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 28, 2018
at first i was working with a more experienced member of the staff then after about 2 weeks they cut me loose and let me do work orders on my own. at first this was great. then as i ran into issues or things i didn't know how to do i was simply told "figure it out". then the guy that hired me left. and i was given a general job to do in the dorms. i couldn't work in students rooms until after 10am, and arrived to work at 6:30am, so i did what i could in common area's. as i ran out of that and asked for work orders to occupy myself in the morning and was typically given a single work order that took 5 mins and nothing else. so i twiddled my thumbs for the first 3 1/2 hours of my day and that has been going on for months.
otherwise poor management, good supervisors, being a company that is contracted out to the college the college and National didn't get along and left the right hand oblivious to the left, petty squabbles between departments, no raises, poor benifits, no holiday pay.
could have been a great experience but fell short.
Pros
worked with your schedule
Cons
pretty much everything else
Unprofessional, poorly ran
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 18, 2018
A horrible experience! Had an amazing Director who was really making great changes in the department. The company let him go and replaced him with a moron who started running everything into the ground! DON'T WORK HERE!!!
Job was poorly managed with lack of communication from senior staff.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 25, 2017
The job was easy to work but lacked clear communication from senior staff leaving follow workers to do as they pleased. I have found co-workers sleeping in the office, with the Manager watching Youtube in the room next door.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Poor Management
Non stressful
Boiler Operator (Current Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJSeptember 29, 2017
Good moral among co-workers. Good communication between employee and management. Supervisors and job site Director are flexible, reasonable and fair with employees requests.
National is not a good place to work
Assistant Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 21, 2017
National is a company that comes in to colleges and universities to run the facilities departments, they will come in and cut the # of employees down to a number that is much too low to take care of the campus you care for. They will bring in Directors that have no knowledge of facility management that will depend on the staff who have been there the longest to make them look like they know what they are doing. the school will loose its most knowledgeable member's of the team due to their higher pay.
Pros
Cons
the school pays more and gets less
Great job; beautiful campus and great scenery; poor management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 10, 2017
The students and Centenary staff are great; National has poor management; National management doesnt expect you to have a voice; If you are outspoken, may not be the job for you!
Pros
get off at 3pm; still have ample daylight after work
Cons
poor management
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IAMarch 29, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to do a variety of different tasks and projects,

Management (Director) is difficult to work for based on lack of experience but with time things will get better. Going from a Director with 30 years experience to one who is just starting for the first time is difficult.
Productive and great team to work with
Work Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 27, 2017
There is a lot that can happen in a day. I am constantly learning new things at work, ways to better myself and make myself more efficient for my workplace and team. The culture here is awesome! everyone gets along well and it's like a big group of friends who work together, but you can bet the job gets done. The hardest part of the job has to be keeping up with the vehicles we use, which isn't hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is how much there is to learn. I am always learning and that is awesome!
No hr
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 5, 2017
What type of company won't allow you to talk to your hr representative? Why would a company lie about advancement to hire employees? Why is the director the only one allowed to talk to anybody from the corporate office?
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Nothing but lies and false promises from corporate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Management Resources Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8