National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

United States2,219 reviews
Found 2,219 reviews matching the search
Is a job
Because the Industry People are waiting to get Layoff ,No body wants to do more than what they have to ,To many cowboy not enough Indians .No enough Spare parts . Operator and maintenance People are Friendly . .Benefit are average for the Industry . .
I loved every minute of working with NOV
The team was wonderful to work with. If I had the chance I would work there again i would in a heart beat.
Management was very forgiving about home life. If you need time to take care of personal things you were given it.
Pros
Flexibility of work
Horrible
The only great thing about this company was the benefits. If you didn't "brown nose", you were overlooked. I'm glad to have gotten away from such a horrible place.
Poor leadership and lack of communication
This company had many lay-offs during my two years of employment. There was a lack of solid leadership and resulted in poor communication throughout the entire shop.
Easy job, easy going.
Just show up and do your tasks asked of you. Comfortable work environment and pretty laid back. Job duties change from time to time, but nothing major .
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good Pay and Benefits but UNSTABLE
As are most industries in the Oil and Gas business NOV is unstable. Some facilities are ran better than others, my facility had a weak leader that was too afraid of offending anyone to be successful.

Morale was low due to the stress and instability. This led to a high turnover.

Stay away until the oil business improves, there is no future here.
Huge lack of communication within the organization
Responsibilities were not clearly defined and communication within the organization was terrible. Employees were only communicated with after mistakes were made. Initial training in order to avoid mistakes was unheard of.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Salary
Not a place I would recommend for work.
The shop in Beaumont places production over the safety and wellness of it’s employees. It’s better than not having a job but not by much. I would not recommend.
Great Pay! Learning experience.
I loved working at NOV, the managers and team are sketchy and do not work well with others unless you fall into the clique. I learned a lot and will take my experience with me & i loved the pay but don,t expect any raises. I an say i felt like I wasn't able to move up because I am a female and the oilfield is mostly a mans workplace.
Old School Management
do as I say Not what your think will be most beneficial . Not open to discussion. Rule by Fear. It is difficult to wake up and want to go to work when employees just are not apreciated and one is not encourage to bring about change
Correcta
Buen trabajo, buen compañerizmo.buenas prestaciones
Good Company
Great Company to work for. I would recommend National Oilwell Varco to anyone. National Oilwell Varco is diverse and a huge player in the oil and gas industry
In addition to being customer focused they are family focused
The team works together to make sure the work load is level. Everyone goes above and beyond to help each other.

Management has a sincere concern for the well being of the employees and is will to work with employees as needed.
Good daily work but company lacks vision and no job security !!!
Management lacks vision, lot's of people promoted due to connections, no career path defined. People who show initiative can get ahead if they find senior management backing, lot's of lazy folks in the company as well. Pay raises average out to about once in 4 years.
I worked for Nation Oilwell Varco for fourteens years. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the opportunities I was given to advance with in my career.
Pm's, emergency calls, work orders
CNC cover all machines, CNC machines, Hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motors, trouble shooting in PLC and Hydraulic motors, run wires for 24 v, check the injections machines 30 bars break down machines with hydraulic 15 bars, blaster machines,
NOV is a big company, most of the other departments are pretty good and take care of their workers.
Ive worked for NOV for a good while Now and been through a couple of up and downs, NOV is a good company to work for, but the management in the corpus office don’t care for their workers, all they want is just for their benefit, it’s very hard to get ppe because they don’t want to spend money for the workers. They don’t listen to their workers on how to make the job easier and safer.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Don’t take care of their employees
Was a great place to work and learn
Enjoyed my time working for NOV, starting in Borger,Texas assembling , painting shipping and receiving materials for assembly of products,then taking a sales position in North Dakota selling our products and ultimately moving to Casper Wyoming as a service representative repairing and installing our products. It was a great learning experience.
Miss working there.
I learned a lot of helpful things working there it was my first labor job it was a great place to work at just got offered better money that’s why I left
Pretty decent place to work, great benefits and pay.. not many complaints at all... I have worked at NOV for a couple of years now, and I enjoy it for the most part.
Field Tech
When its good it's good. When its bad you are the first to get cut. Days very depending on the rig count. Start at 6:30 focus on service calls if there are any. Take care of assinged rigs and wait for service calls.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Oilwell Varco. Our community is ready to answer.
1K
1.1K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at National Oilwell Varco.