National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews for Assembler

Ratings breakdown
Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 2,315 reviews
Productive workplace
Mold assembly (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 1, 2018
I only left because of my meager hourly rate. I feel I should have recieved a raise when I asked for one. My manager ,who no longer works there was great.
Great for anyone interested in the field
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 24, 2018
This company really does what it can to take care of it’s people, but be warned it is heavily influenced by the oil market if the oil prices drops to low you may be out of a job.
Decent place to work and decent benefits.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 31, 2018
Over all I loved working here. Most of the guys are easy to get along with and treat you good. The pay on the other hand sucked. So if you can get over the money it’s a great place
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad pay
Filthy place to work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Not kept clean, Staph Virus is everywhere. Managers are slave drivers. Would not recommend working here ever! Overly strict on everything. Get in trouble for clocking in 1 minute late but only have two clocks for the WHOLE warehouse!
Good place
MECHANIC ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Anderson, TXJuly 4, 2017
Mixed with fast paced and slower days. Put in the effort to your job and you will last. Has "buddy system" to extent but for the most part you get the same respect you give. Generally work a good bit of hours, but weekends you are almost always off. Usually have the option to work Saturdays if you want. Which would put you around the 70 hour mark.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay and work environment
Cons
a lot of hours, good ol boy system
It's not what you know but who you know!
Hydraulic Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2017
If you were smart you left yourself set-up to begin work as soon as you came in. The lazy worker will goof off until 1st break before beginning work. I learned racism is openly practiced just not discussed. Managers seem to be 'sneaking' around trying to 'catch' people. Every job assignment is 'HOT'. Hardest part was wondering when you were drawing the short straw for layoffs.
Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the product I manufactured go out of the door to the customer. The second most enjoyable part of my job was my immediate Manager trying to find me a job MONTHS after I had been laid off. Loyalty pays.
Pros
Safety observed
Cons
The cliques.
Leading manufacturer of oil drilling equipment in the industry
Assembly Lead (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 23, 2017
NOV is an industry leader in oil drilling equipment. From raw materials to finished products, NOV has many opportunities. Eng,. Fabrication, Machining, Assembly, Paint, Purchasing and Production Management.
no personal life
KITS ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  houston txApril 18, 2017
do the same thing everyday. you have about 5 different bosses watching you all day. alot of favoritism shown. no raises for about 2 years. no personal life.
productive and fun place to work
Assembly/Processor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Most people i worked with were really nice and knowledgeable. They had a great work environment and structure.Safety was a huge deal there. we had safety meeting ever month and had to give our opinions on how we could improve.
Pros
safety gifts
Cons
pay
Assembly Mechanic
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 25, 2017
Great work environment. Management are reasonable and fair. Competitive wages. Safe work environment. Co-workers are great. Location is nice. Pay is reliable.
Pros
Opportunity fr advancement
Cons
Tulsa, OK location closed
Safe and Productive Environment
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 27, 2016
Worked as a team member to accomplish the daily task of tearing down, rebuilding, and painting blow out preventers. Management worked with the team to provide a safe environment and most productive routine.
VArco
MACHINING/ASSEMBLY LEAD (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 1, 2016
Great place to work. Not much work currently going through NOV. Opportunity for promotions is great. Great place to work with many great people
Pros
Location, people
Cons
Benifits, pay
Productive and safe environment.
Mechanic assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2016
Really good company, and productive. A lot of hands on learning, and really safe environment to work at. Good benifits, and a lot of overtime. Good team and management to work with.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Safe place to work
Mechanic Assembler Mud Pump (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2016
its a really nice place to work the employees get along each other, work as team as, human resources its always there for you whenever you need them for any question , good insurance
Pros
really good trainings for everything, good coworkers
Cons
lunch too short not enough mtime to eat
productive and fun place to work at
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Galena Park, TXSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day of work was a learning experience new parts new management great co-workers you can say we where like a family. Safety was always there for everyone to fallow the proper steps over all a great learning experience.
substandard place to wo
Rotary Table/Overhead Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
management really wasnt to par with employee growth. always harrassed because deadlines were passed due date when projects were first started
Pros
Cons
management
great place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 30, 2016
12 hour rotating shift
Learned how to build and rebuild Shakers for oilfield
Great management
Good co-workers and willing to show you if you need help
Really wasn't anything to hard
Working you shrift safe and productive and going home to family
Like working at National Oilwell Varco
Assembler-C - Service Cell (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 25, 2016
Hoping that the Oil Market will recover, Cell as they call departments when working with our Cell jobs were great, fabricating hydraulic hoses to fabrication stainless steel tubing in house, setting up our own hose kits and tubing kits, we had our vendor of course but a lot of times with new improve modifications hoses or tubing needed to be modified, assembling parts to units other Cells gone a little behind with over load and we would assist.

1. Completed: Started Standardization Program for Quick Response Manufacturing to reformat racking cells by labeling locations, setting up cell stations within each cell cabinets and stands for in and out job packets to provide information on jobs

2. Completed: Started with a blue print to building a new set-up to test our IBop testing, I did Assemble 2 high pressure panels with in a Bunker and installed a upper tank to supply these high pressure panels with to be a Big saving to our company,

3. Completed: Help Setting up Tanks for Hydraulic and Gear Oil to fill and to drain for testing unit.
Pros
Great being part of a company where everyone help to completed production.
Cons
Everyone has at least a few bad day.
Excellent Company to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 21, 2016
I wish that it was possible to stay. Economy went down as did oil prices. All of my co workers were great to work with. Management was great, co workers were amazing.
Pros
Great family company.
Cons
Barrell of oil prices cost me my job.
really good place to work you get a lot of expierience
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 21, 2016
well every day is exciting because your working with gears, shafts main bodies electrical and hydraulic. I also motor test units to make sure they function correctly I trouble shoot electrical and hydraulic problems.
Pros
free lunches and breaks
good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Oilwell Varco. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss