National Power Corp Employee Reviews

2.3Job Security & Advancement
Look elsewhere
Generator field service tech (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2019
The turnover rate here is something to behold! If you aren’t a family member or a sales associate (who make 2-4 times the techs) you won’t last here long. Fast food offers better benefits since there is zero here. The company shows a lot of favoritism to “yes men” and runs off anyone who suggest better ways of doing business. The sales associates are treated like gold while the techs are treated like unskilled burger flippers. The techs are also micromanaged like children! Avoid working here if you can. Kohler, Cummins, Cat, and Mtu offer better pay and benefits.
Pros
Generac schools, service truck
Cons
Benefits, salary, management
Not a very friendly place to work
Generator Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2019
I started at NPC as a full time Generator technician. I loved the job & the work enviroment . I thought I hit the jack pot,this was the perfect job for me with a fantastic boss & co workers.But all good things soon come to an end.It started with a narcissistic salesman who got hired on & it was soon realized that the owner of the company cared very little about the working employees but only about the sales revenue . Needless to say they lost a lot of good techs an are now in a very difficult time with trying to service &repair the product they sale.Just look what greed gets you!
Pros
the freedom of working outside
Cons
that freedom is diminished by the micro-manageing that goes on
Emergency Power and Service Company
Business Admin (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at National Power and my experience was positive. My role gave me a lot of autonomy and my Managers were very trusting in my ideas and workflow. New tech and software is helping the company really step ahead and as a Service company can be compared to a Siemens or Johnson Controls Branch or Regional Facility. COO and CFO were awesome and I consider them good friends. HR was knowledgeable and very hands on. finance and service department are very independent and work extremely hard against "a rock and a hard place.
Hardest part is knowing your limits and be adaptable. I did well so best of luck and be patient
Pros
Potlucks, Tickets for Events, catered lunches, last day they threw me a get to gather and had a cake
Cons
small company, with limit growth paths in defined roles

Want to know more about National Power Corp?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Power Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3