National Retail Systems, Inc Culture reviews

productive
Data Center Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMarch 12, 2019
i had a great team of people working with me here, everyone helped eachother, management was involve at all times, the only down fall was the low pay slary.
good company been around a long time
terminal manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 16, 2018
I learned a lot about safety, driver management, working with people.
Hardest part was getting along with the customer demands.
Drivers were easy to get along with.
Productive and lively.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 14, 2018
An all around great place to work at. The coworkers work together to get a job done. Communication is no problem. The management team is fair and reliable.
Challenging work but managers are under experienced
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 2, 2018
Overall a good place to work and I've learned a lot but I saw no growth and a lot of favoritism. The work gets easier to grasp day by day and is a nice job for experience
Pros
Work gets easier day by day
Great team work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company. I worked morning shift at this company. the team work was great and the management team was fair. I worked around amazing people.
Pros
great team work
Cons
no full time posiions
Fast paced and fun to work at
Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 8, 2017
You would never expect the same thing everyday. Learned so much working there. People I worked with were a great help with anything I needed. Management was great.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No vision
Dedicated to thier Customers and Employee's alike
V.P. of Asset Fullfillment (Former Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJJune 3, 2017
I was employed in a management role at NRS, with three separate Management Teams in place. Personalities changed, but never the family oriented Culture. I can not speak high enough about this Company
Pros
Equal Opportunity for Producers
Cons
As with every company, a click of two here and there
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 18, 2017
Overall energy in the company is good with a strong competitive drive. I like that it's family orienteers and has started to change in a new direction with its recent upper management changes.
Operations/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMay 15, 2017
Busy and diversified place, always new things to be done, friendly warehouse team. Close by and hours flexible. Always changes and new people. Busy place.
Lousy Upper management
PICKUP AND DELIVERY DISPATCHER / YARDMASTER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAJanuary 25, 2017
- Stressful work environment.
- You can learn quite a bit if you apply yourself but no one is willing to train you properly.
- Management is poor at best. They do not care about you and will expect you to put your job before your family without question.
- Hardest part of the job is putting up with management.
- Most enjoyable part of the job are your coworkers.
Pros
The pay is competitive
Cons
Management expects miracles.
Excellent workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJNovember 9, 2016
Would still be working there if I had not moved out of state. Excellent workplace and teamwork.The safety of employees was highly enforced and a priority.Great benefits as well.
Pros
Great workplace
Fast pace work environment
Checker (Warehouse) (Former Employee) –  Compton, CASeptember 9, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing paper work, palletizing orders, and communicating with co-workers. I learned how to fill out paper work the correct way, weighting containers to make sure that they weren't over weight so they would be able to pass through the ports, and how to correctly fill up a container. Management at this location is awesome. They are very understanding and helpful if you have any problems or are confused about any aspect they will do their best to help you. The co-workers are the same way they are friendly and helpful. I'd say the hardest part of the job would be training new workers who would come in just because you'd have to explain the job process in ways that they'd fully understand, and the most enjoyable part of the job was just being able to come into a great working environment where everyone was friendly, helpful and got along.
N/a
Management (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJDecember 15, 2015
I cant really say anything negative about my job. I love working for the company. Everyone was super excellent and I loved working around my teammates.
I wish it was possible to give negative stars.
mechanic (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJDecember 7, 2015
One of the worst companies I have come across. There is no room for advancement. The only way you will get a raise is if they "like" you and you threaten to leave the company for another job. Also if you are trying to leave to another company that they do business with just beware how spiteful this company is. They say competitive wages but the only wages they're competing with are on a pay scale from 1980. Management is completely backwards. Company expects you to be able to do dealership work in the amount of time given at a dealer with no OEM diagnostic tools and no factory training.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day, co-workers easy to get along with
Cons
management, ancient equipment, health/dental care is a joke
good start job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJAugust 4, 2012
it was a great place to go to get your feet in the door for a security filed
Pros
great work place
Cons
pay