National Salvage & Service Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok place to work but management doesn’t appreciate you
HYDRAULIC CRANE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  All over the UsAJuly 22, 2018
You’re nothing more than a worker to this place. They don’t care about you as a person, or your desire to reach goals. If you are hired here plan to stay in that position forever. They don’t feel that workers are smart enough to be managers or managers are smart enough to be more than a manager. They want everyone to stay in their lane and let the owner trample all over them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No loyalty
All about saving a dollar
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 2, 2018
I worked here for 4 years and having nothing but bad to say. They made me drive to Minnesota for 1 week of work then had to drive to Mississippi the following weekend and refused to pay fuel cost in my personal vehicle. Low wages for travel start out is only between 12 and 16 based on experience, had my family with me in a hotel in ky that had black mold, asked to move to new hotel for health reasons and they denied me. All in all this is a cut throat company.
Pros
Payed the bills
Cons
Too many to list
normal day
Foreman/Operator/Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 18, 2017
Check in with railroad so we can get track time to pick up old ties or old rail, alot of time sitting on trains to clear track. Alot of travel to next job site
Every day is something new
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 25, 2017
Over the past 6 years I have traveled over 25 states working as a project manager. I have gained lots of knowledge on computer programs and systems. The company is a very open and honest growing company. The company really takes care of their employees. The managers want everyone to grow and learn. Being on the road many hours each day is the hardest part of my job. Traveling and seeing new places each week is the most enjoyable part of my job. Working with a large variety of people every day is fun and challenging all rolled into one.
Pros
Traveling and working with many people.
Cons
Lots of drive time.
Busy company, lots of hours and room for advancement
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 14, 2016
If you are willing to work hard and give 110% then it is awesome. They do promotions and recognize when you have good results. The owners and employees are all very knowledgeable at what they do. Supportive work environment. Great pay and lots of overtime hours available.
Pros
family friendly, pet friendly
Cons
away from home a lot traveling for the job
Great pay fun work environment, lots of travel
Track Laborer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 2, 2016
Lovely people to work for. Great pay meet lots of people. Great bosses. They treat there employees great.pays for gas. Pays hotel cost pays phone cost. Will allow company loans.
Pros
Great pay. Lots of overtime
Cons
No time at home
Very fun and encouraging environment
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley NCJune 20, 2014
Every coworker was very nice and easy to work with. Everyone at the corporate office was very helpful and patient. Every aspect of the job and everyone I worked with was amazing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Salvage & Service Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

National Salvage & Service Corporation Reviews by Location