National Service Bureau Employee Reviews

Productive and positive workplace environment
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 3, 2019
National Service Bureau is truly one of the best places to work. Management is amazing. They don't micro manage like most call centers and that's because they don't have to. From my perspective, people arrive for work ready to work because they are driven to succeed. The atmosphere is supportive, encouraging and productive.

The hardest part of the job is simply finding fresh coffee (single serve pods would be recommended) but there is a deli on site for those with dire fresh coffee needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work/life balance, the camraderie among coworker's and a management team that understands hard work is fueled by respect, appreciation and validation.

I thoroughly enjoy being part of the team at NSB and highly recommend them to everyone and anyone who enjoys working in a call center environment without the ho hum call center boredom or drama.
Pros
Fun atmosphere with great compensation
Cons
Can't think of any other than collections may not be for everyone
Great pay, excellent company
Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 21, 2019
I have worked for NSB for 6 years. I love working here and do not feel as if I am a number and they care about there employees compared to other agencies. The NSB owners and management staff want you to succeed and you will if you are willing to work hard and be engaged on daily bases. The commission structure is highest around. I plan on staying and NSB and continue to make great money $$$$ and be a part of an amazing team.
Pros
work hard great money
Hectic place to work
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 18, 2019
All week they have been raging on us to write reviews. Found out today that they had been handing out better accounts to folks who will write a positive review. If that’s not some manipulative stuff I don’t know what is. I guess you have to be a yes man to get by at this place, and that is just not gonna happen with me.

If that doesnt speak volumes about how bad they’re doing, that they are practically bribing people to write them a good review. Ive only been here a couple months, and doesn’t sound like this is going to be the place for me.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Low pay, pushy management
They keep telling me to write a review
Subrogation collector (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 18, 2019
Management has recently been pushing us to write reviews for the company, so here goes.

2nd rate call center, 3rd rate management. Owner is great, but he is mostly hands off at this point and lets his son run the company. Nepotism at its finest. Strategy is non-existant. Dialer, dialer, take a break, dialer dialer. I have a voicemail full of contacts, and could easily setup some big payments filling subrogation insurance claims, but I'm stuck on a dialer for 4-6 hours per day, and the remainder of the time they are pushing me to pump out a bunch of calls so my call metrics look good.

Sometimes I feel they're more concerned with looking like your making money, rather than making money. Just this week I was told to wrap up a live contact with a consumer I was negotiating for payment with so I could get back on a dialer campaign that we have ran at least 8 times this week. I tried to explain I'm literally talking money with the consumer, but the all mighty dialer campaign rules all. Then there's the payments. They prefer we take any payment we can get right there on the spot, even if its 25$ on a several thousand dollar account. While this sounds ludicrous, if you don't take the payment it'll just be back on the dailer tomorrow were someone else will take the 25$ payment, so there really is no chance to negotiate with a consumer for larger payments. Take whatever you can get on the call and move on, even if the commission you get on these payments will never amount to you earning any more money than the low hourly wage they pay. Some companies would fire you for butchering
  more... the business like this, but this is the law of the land at NSB.

Lastly, they go through mid level management like nobodies business. Most of the mid level management makes it about a year before they're fired and replaced. My guess is its easier to pin the blame on someone and fire them than to take an honest look in the mirror and fix the problems that exist. Seen several of their best collectors leave in the last year as well, some of them had been there for several years before I came onboard. My hunch would be that the place is in decline.

I would've left this all alone, but I keep hearing from them to write a review for the company. Guess they're not aware people aren't as pleased with the management as the management is pleased with themselves.
Pros
The paychecks clear the bank
Cons
Be prepared to sit on a dialer all day, maybe thats a pro for some i dont know.
Great Call Center
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 17, 2019
I have worked at NSB for a long time and plan on being here for the rest of my career. I felt it necessary to write a review based on some of the other reviews I read about the company.

I have been here long enough to see people come and go and while many people that leave are under performing or can't do the job (it's not for everyone), the owners also don't tolerate employees who can perform but are rude to coworkers and/or consumers and place an emphasis on protecting a positive culture.

I've worked for other companies and have been in the industry for 20+ years and this is the first company I have personally worked for that does NOT have only 1 top collector earning commission.
Pros
Money and Culture
Cons
Not many
No change to make real money
Subrogation (Current Employee) –  BothellJanuary 16, 2019
All of the best business is sent to a single collectors desk, who has 10 times as many accounts as everyon else. He’s not held to the same standards, and more or less gets to do what he wants. This is great if you’re him, not so great if your anyone else on the collection floor. I brought this up to management and was met with a collective shrug.
Pros
Easy hourly, wont fire you if you show up
Cons
No chance to make real commission
Creepy management
Collector (Former Employee) –  BothellJanuary 16, 2019
The management at Service Bureau could use some improvement. The COO frequently makes the rounds on the floor, and spends a little too much time and effort trying to be overly friendly with the myself and the other ladies. I often felt awkward with the forced conversation, and after repeatedly trying to get back to work he would still stand over my shoulder still trying to think of something clever to say. Unfortunately there wasn't much help from HR as he owns the company.
Pros
Hour long lunch break
Cons
Awkward management
Amazing company to work for/represent!
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 10, 2019
National Service Bureau is a great company to work for! Always room for growth and all of the managers/owners are always more than happy to help push employees to reach their maximum potential/make the most money!
The environment is great and always positive! I can Honestly say that I always come in to work and leave with a smile on my face!
I would recommend anyone to come work for this company as the owners are truly family oriented and will go above and beyond to help you become more successful and educated.
Pros
Family oriented company/always willing to help each employee.
January 15, 2019

We appreciate you sharing your experience at NSB with us! We're excited that this has been a place for you to grow in your career and that you enjoy being a part of the team. Thank you for being a part of making NSB a positive place!

Safe yourself the trouble
Subtogation (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 2, 2019
Great place to work if your a felon and literally can’t grt hired elsewhere. Otherwise Dicks burgers is paying 17$ an hour, which is more hourly than they pay even their top collectors. They like to tout how their collectors average 80-100k a year but it’s just simply a lie.
Pros
Hires anybody
Cons
About everything you can imagine.
January 15, 2019

National Service Bureau is proud of the team we have and continue to build. We offer a diverse and casual environment where those with great customer service skills, a strong willingness to learn, and a positive attitude can grow financially in their career. As our advertised job postings state, new collectors and subrogation agents start at $16 to $20 per hour. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, vacation time and PTO. A number of our employees, including our top collectors, consistently hit their commission numbers and enjoy a very competitive level of pay. If this truly is a current employee, we would encourage them to talk to their Lead or Manager about these concerns, follow through on the techniques they learn in training, and to consider aligning themselves with a more experienced member of the team. If NSB isn’t the right fit for you, we understand. Afterall, we want to grow our team with people that are excited to be here. Taking a job with an organization like Dicks Drive-In could be a great option, and their burgers are fantastic!

Currently emp
Senior Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee) –  BothellMarch 8, 2018
Highly competitive job, majority of what I do is Insurance Subrogation which is very similar to collections. Great pay if your a great performer. 3 years in April this year. Company has provided a stable place of employment to allow me to expand my family and buy our first home. Don't be mistaken it's still collections, and very fast paced. You'll get used to it, and when you do there's plenty of money to be made.
Pros
Great commission structure
Cons
Commission based.
January 15, 2019

Congratulations on buying your first home! We appreciate your review and are so excited to hear about the successes you've achieved here. Team members like you make NSB a great place to start and grow!

Company is antiquated
Director of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 25, 2017
Company needs to improve with the times
they have not grown with the times
and are not planning on in the near future. Company has antiquated IT systems
January 15, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. While the industry standard software we use has been utilized by agencies like ours for a while, it remains one of the best on the market. In addition, NSB has up-to-date network, server, and phone systems. NSB now utilizes Microsoft 360 and provides our team access to online tools that allow them to excel in their jobs. We’ve experienced positive growth at NSB and are excited to add new people and resources as we grow.

productive and the working environment very calm for a call center
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 12, 2017
The staff is polite, Everyone looks out for one another. the management is cool and organized. I would reference others to work here that is really good in sales.
Pros
a hour lunch break
Cons
limited on coffee
Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 22, 2016
Productive safe place to work feels like needed to know people coming in to be able to earn comissions if not good for a paycheck nobody bothers you as long as you show
August 29, 2017

This is definitely the best agency in the area if your looking for the best opportunity to earn top commission. Most of the top agents from the other agencies in the area have ended up here over the years. I have been in collections for almost 2 decades and can tell you this is a professional office, with very good accounts. It's not a huge call center environment to be successful there you must know how, or be willing to learn to skip trace, and manage your accounts. They also are very strict about compliance and don't tolerate violations. The environment is very friendly, and the very experienced agents are always helping the new hires to learn the ropes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Service Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8