National Sourcing, Inc Employee Reviews

The customer comes first!
Personal Assistant II (Current Employee) –  RTC Great Lakes, ILAugust 21, 2018
In my years of working as a Federal contractor with the U.S. Navy the commitment to assisting our future sailors is an honor.
The people who work at RTC Great Lakes are the best and are awarded the Top Gun Award for PSDs in the Navy.
They are here to do a tough job and know that the management is behind them.
NSI has only been on board for 1 year there but it has been a pleasure to work for them.
Teamwork is key and it is shown in every new phase of the personnel and pay processing system as it changes and moves forward.
I have been involved in this contract since 2004 and not a better team of individuals have I had the honor to work with.
Are there trials? Yes but management is open to new ideas and input.

A typical day is busy...it all depends on training schedules and availability of the recruits
Pros
Teamwork. You''re not alone
Cons
Sometimes the hours are changed to compensate the recruit training schedule.
Customer Service PERS -5
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNMarch 21, 2018
The manager is horrible and the daughter also works works in the same office as the mother. The company does nothing about the manager and the way she treats the employees that are outside her daughter.
Rewarding work, but very stressfull conditions. Rules always changing and constant hoops to jum through.
Military and Family Life Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSDecember 3, 2017
Lots of walking. Conflicting rules. Immediate supervisor is wonderful! However, those in leadership appear to not understand the ins and outs of the tasks that must be done and do not seem to care about the well-being of the employees.
Pros
Off for summer and school breaks, but without pay.
Cons
Conflicting and ever changin rules.
Great Work/Life Balance, but....
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYMay 23, 2017
The benefits package is horrible. My base pay is pretty good, but the health and welfare pay that we receive hourly doesn't come close to covering the premiums of the insurance sold by the company, so I sacrifice almost two dollars an hour of my base pay for coverage. Management is full of bullying men who reward laziness and substandard work performance. As this is a contract position, there is almost no opportunity to advance, but if there was opportunity it would not be given to a qualified and hard-working candidate. The morale of the employees under this contracting company is at a miserable low.
rewarding
General Clerk III-CRSC (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYApril 19, 2017
The work is very rewarding but the management personnel have no leadership skills. work environment is very tense and at times hostile. The hardest part of the job is identifying all the awardable conditions to SM.
Pros
Help the veterans and SM who fought for this country
Cons
Numbers driven and lack of professionalism
Fun place to work, Insurance is insane
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYMarch 17, 2017
I enjoy where I work but the amount of money I loose per hour (over four dollars) on health insurance is horrible. Its not great coverage and we hardly ever use it but they make you take it if you don't have it from another source (your spouses employer, etc.) of insurance.
Contract Company
Prog/Serv School Management Coord (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYOctober 14, 2015
This company is based in Florida and overall they are a decent company to work for. The company compensates well, but since it is a contract company, there is no room for advancement.
Productive and fast paced environment
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaAugust 6, 2015
I was able to turn the Roi time frame around from 2 weeks to 24 to 48 hours. Very fast paced environment. Registered military patients, maintained accurate medical records, etc.
Pros
Short term contract
Cons
Work environment, management, coworkers
Productive work environment and good classroom training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 12, 2015
A typical day begins immediately once you log into your computer and begin receiving calls and oftentimes the call volume was low or you may get only one call that day. This didn't happen often. When you did receive a call as a Customer Service Representative (CCR) you were to follow a script in order to annotate the callers personally identifiable information and their reason for calling. Once that was done, you were to read it back to the caller and then forward to the team manager who checks it and sends it up the chain of command to the proper medical facility. Management was easy to work with and were always available to assist in resolving any issues. My co-workers, many of whom were prior military were helpful in areas that I as an Army wife couldn't resolve. They were always ready to lend a hand which made the work environment stress free and family oriented.
The difficult part of this job was losing CCRs who moved on to other jobs or were let go do to low productivity. The best part of the job was the camaderie we had and in ensuring that the soldiers who contacted us were provided the best customer service that we could provide.
Pros
Great people andlittle to no opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Unable to reach manager when needed.
Great learning experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 10, 2015
I was able to learn about the various characteristics involved while working as a case manager for military members. Issues often included, financial, medical, and legal matters.
Pros
Perfect learning environment
Cons
No healthcare
Good company to work for
Mid Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYOctober 6, 2014
NSI is willing to help their employees with during personal crisis. You get back what you put into your position
Pros
monthly lunches
Cons
not a lot of extra insentives

Comment – October 1, 2017

NSI is a family oriented company. I had a few family illnesses which I took some time off and when I returned, I still had my position and salary. Gift cards and dinner at Christmas. Snack basket once a month. Loved working at NSI.

Good
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYDecember 13, 2012
• Adhere to operational guidance, procedures, and problem resolution with installations, education centers, colleges, and universities in CONUS.
• Thoroughly track ACES program participation, costs, and quality through the GoArmyEd database.
• Assist educational institutions and service members with questions and problems regarding Tuition Assistance authorized by Congress (Title, USC 2007)
• Review invoices for tuition assistance from educational institutions for their discrepancies and correct authorized dollar amounts.