National Student Clearinghouse

National Student Clearinghouse Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA26 reviews
I was a contractor there. The people I worked with were nice, but the pay was very low. Ultimately, my contract did not lead to full-time employment.
Pros
Nice people, free coffee, lots of little conference rooms if you needed to duck into a private space.
Cons
Low pay
Work a lot of hours. Repetitive tasks. Management not interested in process improvement. Will not invest in training mid-level staff. Bored quickly with work, tasks are not varied. Poor moral among staff.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
The National Student Clearinghouse has a most worthwhile mission in helping the nation's educational institutions with their administrative and research goals. NSC has multiple beneficial employee programs, is employee-centric more than most companies, and works hard to support their workforce from physical setting to benefits. They appreciate diversity and team building.
Pros
Benefits, bonding opportunities, emphasis on appreciation and offer opportunities for professional growth.
I did not enjoy time spent working in the department I was in, but the company seemed well-established and the culture was very laid-back and welcoming.
Very little opportunity for advancement and the jobs are very mundane. High turnover because of the tedious work and very little appreciation is shown by upper management.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
There is no support from management and leadership has conflicting priorities. Executives do not communicate with each other and therefore the 'workers' always get blamed.
There are many mean and unfriendly people. The directors were not approachable and some managers were always on a power stride. Very little room for advancement and low wages. You had to be part of the inner circle to get promoted and favoritism was very evident. Many people have complained and no change has come. Directors and executives encourage gossip and rumors by allowing family members to work together and bully subordinates. Very unorganized place to work and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a long career.
Pros
Free food on some holidays
Cons
Nepotism, low salary, mean co-workers
This company is a great place to work, great benefits.

application Management might need to be improved but it really depends on which manager the team is assigned to. The team management I am at is horrible for these 1.5 years due to the application manager's problem. But we have a great team work though.

Overall I still like this place.
Pros
great 401k
Cons
application management
This was my first industry experience. It's a solid internship experience. I was given the opportunity to own projects from start to finish, and the team helped me learn concepts I hadn't been exposed to in college.
I worked for this company for over 10 years. I learned a great deal about data entry and analyst positions. I also, learned multiple computer software programs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very collaborative place to work. Great employees always willing to go the extra mile for fellow staff and customer base. Long days with too much travel for sales staff. Open workspace without offices.
Great place to work, I worked at Clearinghouse more than 13 years ago. At the time it was a great place to work, collaborative and innovative as they were on the cusp of becoming who they are today.
Benefits
Cons
Commute (for me)
My experience at this campy was not a good one. I got the sense that I always had to watch my back because there is a tight-knit group between management and their favorite employees. They sticks together and is always gossips what things that should remain confidential. Managers, directors, and executives are not professional. They frequently used profanity in team meetings to express their frustrations.
Pros
free lunch on occasion
Cons
nepotism, gossip, bullying, intimidation.
This is not a good place to work. It is too political and the higher level management is mean and very childish. The only way to get by is to be a part of their clique. If you are not they will literally taunt you and put you down to try and get you to leave the company on our own. I have never worked in a more unprofessional environment. You've been warned.
Pros
Free food at town hall meetings that happen 3 times a year.
Cons
low pay, high-stress, immature management, nepotism.
It was a great place to work but be careful who you hang out with and trust. A LOT OF GOSSIP. Management says they have an open door policy but be careful what you say to them because it can be used against you.
Pros
Work events, great benefits
Cons
management
The Clearinghouse knows how important it is to let employees and managers engage with others in fun and open settings at work. This allows better work to get done. This balance in work and play, amongst other things, got me excited to work there every day for my summer internship.
For I it was a good opening to the working world, an underhand ball pass.The workplace is serious enough so you get to work and remain productive but not painfully stressful either. They know how to have fun as well.
If I didn't move to Colorado, I would still be with this company. I would have moved up in the ranks, and hopefully would have been a manager of something. This company is great, and treats all the employees great!
I would arrive at work 15-20 minutes early so I could be ready to go by the time 9:00 am rolled around. A major proportion of my job was responding to emails from customer with issues and finding a solution for that problem. I had hands-on teaching from my managers to better improve my performance. I felt comfortable and able to talk to my fellow co-workers who were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was not having enough staff to keep up with the incoming calls and emails. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and gaining new knowledge to further better myself. I really do work hard and want my contribution to mean something.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks, free coffee, cafe downstairs
Cons
The shifts were changed around a lot
All I do is processing transcripts for student and I work hard every day. I file paperwork everyday. It is rewarding to help students get processed and continue on with the education
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Career Path
Work is different every day. Lots of interactions with IT teams, architect, management and development teams. It is very dynamic work environment and workload is too high.