National Student Clearinghouse Employee Reviews

Flat organization
Contracts Manager|Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 20, 2019
Work a lot of hours. Repetitive tasks. Management not interested in process improvement. Will not invest in training mid-level staff. Bored quickly with work, tasks are not varied. Poor moral among staff.
Pros
Friendly People
Wonderful place to work.
Sr. Admin. Assistant/Office of President (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 15, 2019
The National Student Clearinghouse has a most worthwhile mission in helping the nation's educational institutions with their administrative and research goals. NSC has multiple beneficial employee programs, is employee-centric more than most companies, and works hard to support their workforce from physical setting to benefits. They appreciate diversity and team building.
Pros
Benefits, bonding opportunities, emphasis on appreciation and offer opportunities for professional growth.
Very little opportunity for advancement
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 9, 2018
Very little opportunity for advancement and the jobs are very mundane. High turnover because of the tedious work and very little appreciation is shown by upper management.
Management Concerns
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 27, 2018
There is no support from management and leadership has conflicting priorities. Executives do not communicate with each other and therefore the 'workers' always get blamed.
Lack of caring
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 23, 2018
There are many mean and unfriendly people. The directors were not approachable and some managers were always on a power stride. Very little room for advancement and low wages. You had to be part of the inner circle to get promoted and favoritism was very evident. Many people have complained and no change has come. Directors and executives encourage gossip and rumors by allowing family members to work together and bully subordinates. Very unorganized place to work and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a long career.
Pros
Free food on some holidays
Cons
Nepotism, low salary, mean co-workers
Ok place to work but largely depends on your manager
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 18, 2018
This company is a great place to work, great benefits.

application Management might need to be improved but it really depends on which manager the team is assigned to. The team management I am at is horrible for these 1.5 years due to the application manager's problem. But we have a great team work though.

Overall I still like this place.
Pros
great 401k
Cons
application management
Nice spot for an internship
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 27, 2018
This was my first industry experience. It's a solid internship experience. I was given the opportunity to own projects from start to finish, and the team helped me learn concepts I hadn't been exposed to in college.
Great experience
School Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 19, 2018
I worked for this company for over 10 years. I learned a great deal about data entry and analyst positions. I also, learned multiple computer software programs.
Pros
Great benefits
Collaborative place to work. Good benefits and 401K plan
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 5, 2018
Very collaborative place to work. Great employees always willing to go the extra mile for fellow staff and customer base. Long days with too much travel for sales staff. Open workspace without offices.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 18, 2017
Great place to work, I worked at Clearinghouse more than 13 years ago. At the time it was a great place to work, collaborative and innovative as they were on the cusp of becoming who they are today.
Benefits
Cons
Commute (for me)
Do better
Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 7, 2017
My experience at this campy was not a good one. I got the sense that I always had to watch my back because there is a tight-knit group between management and their favorite employees. They sticks together and is always gossips what things that should remain confidential. Managers, directors, and executives are not professional. They frequently used profanity in team meetings to express their frustrations.
Pros
free lunch on occasion
Cons
nepotism, gossip, bullying, intimidation.
Shame on this company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 24, 2017
This is not a good place to work. It is too political and the higher level management is mean and very childish. The only way to get by is to be a part of their clique. If you are not they will literally taunt you and put you down to try and get you to leave the company on our own. I have never worked in a more unprofessional environment. You've been warned.
Pros
Free food at town hall meetings that happen 3 times a year.
Cons
low pay, high-stress, immature management, nepotism.
Good place to work but be careful who you trust
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 5, 2017
It was a great place to work but be careful who you hang out with and trust. A LOT OF GOSSIP. Management says they have an open door policy but be careful what you say to them because it can be used against you.
Pros
Work events, great benefits
Cons
management
Work and play go hand in hand
Web Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 22, 2017
The Clearinghouse knows how important it is to let employees and managers engage with others in fun and open settings at work. This allows better work to get done. This balance in work and play, amongst other things, got me excited to work there every day for my summer internship.
A good starting point
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 2, 2017
For I it was a good opening to the working world, an underhand ball pass.The workplace is serious enough so you get to work and remain productive but not painfully stressful either. They know how to have fun as well.
Great place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20171March 20, 2017
If I didn't move to Colorado, I would still be with this company. I would have moved up in the ranks, and hopefully would have been a manager of something. This company is great, and treats all the employees great!
Productive and very fun yet fast-paced environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 18, 2016
I would arrive at work 15-20 minutes early so I could be ready to go by the time 9:00 am rolled around. A major proportion of my job was responding to emails from customer with issues and finding a solution for that problem. I had hands-on teaching from my managers to better improve my performance. I felt comfortable and able to talk to my fellow co-workers who were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was not having enough staff to keep up with the incoming calls and emails. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and gaining new knowledge to further better myself. I really do work hard and want my contribution to mean something.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks, free coffee, cafe downstairs
Cons
The shifts were changed around a lot
I love the job
Transcript Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 29, 2016
All I do is processing transcripts for student and I work hard every day. I file paperwork everyday. It is rewarding to help students get processed and continue on with the education
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Career Path
Na
Oracle Identity Management and Weblogic SME (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 1, 2015
Work is different every day. Lots of interactions with IT teams, architect, management and development teams. It is very dynamic work environment and workload is too high.
great enviorment to work steadily growing
Data Exchange Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon,VASeptember 26, 2015
Great place to work, with great people. Work/life balance is well done with transparent company growth. Great hours and positive work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Student Clearinghouse. Our community is ready to answer.

National Student Clearinghouse Reviews by Location