National Telecommuting Institute Employee Reviews

At home work great support
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2018
This is a great place to work from home. They offer great training. I have worked here 2014-2018 TEMP position that typically Nov-Apr unless you are chosen for yr round work. Have been through a training course each year.
NTI is a great place to work!
Part Time Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2018
NTI is a great place to work. The training provided is geered to help the employee succeed. The Managers do listen in on your calls, but that is fine because they are there to help you avoid mistakes. The best part of the job is the superior level of support the managers provide through the various chat pods. The downside is that I would like to work year round but that is not an option the company offers at this time. I would encourage anyone to work at NTI.
Typical Non-profit
Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2018
I started at NTI because I strongly believed in their mission. I tried desperately to work to bring about change and increase the number of people being placed in WFH roles.
The leadership was dysfunctional when I left. I'm not sure if anything has changed since then.
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 13, 2018
Working for them was great. A lot of mis leading the cutomers in the resolution times but they out source so were only following wat that particular company wanted.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Na
Want to work in your pj's? Be a call center agent!
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2018
I telecommuted from home. Nice to be able to work dressed very casually without makeup. NTI offers many different jobs with really good training. I learned lots about working with a computer.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
For my position, I was required to work weekends and evenings.
Very pleasant at times
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Work from homeMarch 19, 2018
Time restraints were unreasonable when I considered Customer Service to be service to the customer to the best of my ability. Not a turnstile with a goal to be reached no matter what.
Pros
Being able to talk with customers and resolve their problems/issues
Cons
Having to rush the customers as if I did not have time to listen to their problems.
Productive place for working at home
Meijer Customer Contact Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2018
NTI is a really great company to work for, the job process is not difficult and they make it easy as possible to get hired. I loved the experience that I received working with this company, and the instructors that I received were nothing more than amazing, I would recommend them to anyone who is up for the challenge of working from home.
Pros
Great people to work under
Cons
contract jobs are not as flexible as they appear to be.
Call Center
Sykes Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INFebruary 5, 2018
I answered phone for Ambercrombie and Fitch during the Christmas holidays. The training I received did not prepare me for the hostile customers or the lack of support.
Pros
work from home
Cons
being yelled at by customers
Summary
Home Based Call Center Agent (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2018
Position was remote call center home based agent. I really liked the job, however, it was only a seasonal position.

I learned a lot about time management. I served my customers with the best that I had to offer on any given shift.

Yea, NTI ! Would work with them again.
Pros
working at hom through virtual call center
Cons
not enough breaks versus hours worked
Helps the disabled find legitimate work from home.
CCS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2018
NTI has helped me to return to the work force.

No matter how good you might be at your job you have no since of job security.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping those that are disabled to have hope of returning to the workforce.

The hardest part of the job is when there is no option to help the potential candidate.

A typical day at work is doing excel updates; managing my team and handling escalated and overflow calls.
Pros
It is a good opportunity to work from home.
Cons
Job turnover.
Productive Place to Work
DSL Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 27, 2017
This organization cater's to people with physical( and before I was hired) mental disabilities.

It is a very good job to work if you don't suffer from psychosis, schizophrenia or other personality disorder's or emotional disorders.
Pros
Work form Home
Cons
None really...
Work place
Home based call center representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2017
Loved this job but it was just a seasonal position. I was able to work from the comfort of my home and help customers. Management was very helpful and considerate. The schedule was confusing at times because of the east coast time difference.
It is a great work from home position.
IRS Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2017
During the tax season, you are constantly working during your shift. You take inbound telephone calls through the NTI/Sykes Company telephony system, answering up to 100 calls in a typical four hour shift. During the off tax season, you may work less than five hours per week and not all of the ours are on the same day. The hardest part of the job is that you have to remain friendly and neutral when exasperated tax payers cannot get through to the IRS customer service lines or complain about political issues and politicians.
Pros
Flexible hours, telephone and internet reimbursement, great retirement benefit.
Cons
Being able to stay calm during stressful calls and silent about callers' opinions.
Part time work with the IRS through NTI. Taking phone calls and data
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2017
Excellent Company to work for. Working from home and provided the highest quality of customer service and troubleshooting. Provided data entry to order forms that were needed for each individual or company. Inform them of the correct numbers in which to call for service. Provided with information that was needed. learned to handle all types of phone calls and maintain a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to many different people and helping them resole their issues. Well paid,
but seasonal job. Great training programs and room for advancement.
Pros
Great work from home position, great company
Cons
Na
Difficult members.
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 11, 2017
This was a company whom had contracted with AAA to gather credit card information from potential and existing members. I didn't like the fact they wanted you ask for money from deceased spouses or family members.
Pros
Working from the comfort of your own home. All equipment provided pc, headset, etc...
Cons
Not much guidance.
Great opportunity for people with disabilities.
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 1, 2017
Great company to work for. They work with people that have disabilities.

You are able to work from home using your computer.
great training for the job you are hired for. Management was really good and was willing to assist with any issues you had. Co-workers were friendly and since everyone worked from home, we all had something in common.

The most enjoyable was being able to work from home and not having to commute to work. The longest commute was from my kitchen to my office.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
healthcare
It was very interesting and fun
Remote Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 25, 2016
I worked from home. On my home phone. I took inbound calls for the Meijer Stores. giving product availability, and prices for merchandise. Check Dept.
Pros
working from home
Cons
no benefits
Hustle, hustle
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 20, 2016
I didn't care much for management at NTI, but the staff was wonderful. I have made lifelong friends from there. There was a snowstorm once and Raleigh was snowed under with 8 ft and the electricity was out. I was penalized for logging in late. Even though it was clearly out of my control.
Excellent company for those with disabilities or veterans
liaison between the IRS and taxpayers (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2016
In a typical day of work you field anywhere between 50 to 100 calls or more an hour. I have learned to be thorough with each person that called in from anything of tax forms and booklets to handling things that dealt with fraud of social security numbers and Earned Income Tax Credit. That was one of my most difficult of the job was dealing with upset tax payers that did claim their own children on tax paper and found out that others had claimed them on their own taxes before they filed. I have learned to be patient and listen with empathy to their troubles, while helping guide them to the right information and sending them out the proper papers that would help them file this tax fraud that was happening to them that kept them from filing their personal taxes. I helped me to be efficient with my time management per call i took, as well as gave me the experiences through every tax season I have work for them.The tools given me to use in each job I work has help me find other jobs after them as well. This is a seasonal job but this company is very flexible with time schedules and great trainers to work under for guidance as well. I recommend this job to anyone wanting a great job fit for themselves.
Pros
no working weedends
Cons
only for the tax season
Unfair hiring and discrimination practices
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2016
I worked in HR and from the first day i was hired I observed unfair practices and treatment towards me and towards what they call Co employees. I
Because I had trouble pronouncing a name that was of foreign dialect to me I was called a derogatory term. Management are all in these practices together as well as a their HR assistant who you can barely understand.
Pros
not ever stepping foot in such a troubled place ever again.
Cons
inconvenient location, micromanagement, discrimination based on race.