National University Employee Reviews

Used to be great, but ship is sinking
Admissions Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 18, 2018
Loved my campus and the people I worked with there, both fellow staff and students. If my review was based just on my campus it would be very different. If you intend to work at any campus that is not in San Diego, don't get too comfortable. Our campus and another were closed with very little notice even though we were doing very well. We were not allowed to let our students know about the closure, which I felt was super shifty and dishonest. At the same time, student services staff were cut in campuses state-wide. They claimed that the university was financially healthy, but then the closures and staff cutting happened and they still raised tuition after that!

Nobody in higher management cares about students or staff. Might as well be a for-profit school at this point.
Pros
Aweome co-workers, tuition discounts
Cons
Bad management
I was a student there.
Student (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
It was a great place to learn. All of the faculty were experts in their fields and knew how to deal with any question or issue I ever encountered. I would highly recommend this school to anyone to attend.
Run for the hills
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2018
Very sales oriented with no benefit. Very low pay and they care more about numbers than the actual student. New hires get paid more then staff who has been there for over a year.
Focused Monthly Schedule
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2018
What I liked about NU was the fact that it is monthly course base schedule. This is good as Instructors and students could focus on one subject at the time.
National University
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 11, 2018
Great introduction to the world of higher education, and the work is manageable and enjoyable. Every campus is has a different culture and way of life.
Educational benefits and a gym.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 28, 2018
The job is in a great location, La Jolla, CA. The work hours are flexible which is nice. The educational benefits are appealing to young individuals and there's a gym.
Good place to study and work
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2018
It is the very good place to study and work! I have completed Masters in Data Analytics from the National University. I really enjoyed the class throughout the entire program at the National University.
National
Academic Advisor II- Recruiting (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 23, 2018
good place to work depending on you job slower paced than most online University that are for profit but still stressful at time. They do no pay you enough for the amount of work you actually do.
Pros
nice people good managers
Cons
Pay hours
The event manager was amazing and made my job as easy as possible
Event assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
I worked on events only as a contractor, it was all enjoyable, I learned how to work very large events with ease, the culture was great. I enjoyed interacting with the faculty and staff, and felt like part of the group even though I was just a contractor
Pros
Great people
Cons
Venues could be challenging
High-turnover, political environment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2018
National University is a horrible place to work. Policies were developed in the medieval time period and cannot be changed. Everything moves slowly and it's all about who you know.
Contract instructor
CERTIFIED CORE ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2018
Adjunct instructor at my alma mater teaching in the Information Technology and Computer Information Systems programs. Teaching fulfills my desire to give back to project management.
Conservative culture
Central Manager, Student Business Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Very rigid and conservative culture. Slow to change and adopt new ideas. Campus locations independent of HQ - difficult to roll out new initiatives, gain buy in from entire organization.
Pros
Beautiful buildings and campus
Cons
Political
National University
RPS (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2018
The people were great but the management, compensation, and lack of growth showed how disconnected higher ups are with their employees. Although you do have the educational benefit it does not make up for lack of leadership
Pros
educational benefits
Cons
compensation, management
Poor Management
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Nice place to work, low pay, no direction from management.
My job duties was not difficult but not challenging either. There is no career advancement.
National
Credential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed the job but I dod not like the people I worked. I was always doing my co workers work and whenever there was a problem I was blamed. I got sick of it.
Pros
rewarding job
Cons
horrible co-workers
Small Office
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  LAX in Los AngelesJanuary 18, 2018
Area has too much space that could be used for other things. Made me feel like a library instead of a school.. Not many activites for the students to have. All school, not any down time.
Pros
See new faces
Cons
Lots of people angry
Adjunct Lecturer
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Quality standards of courses was not great. lecturer could create own course with no supervision from day 1. Courses are quick and easy for students I believe but learning is really dependent on getting a good lecturer
Review
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 11, 2017
Employees have their own role and work independently but with others at the same time. At my location, Staff did not need to do a lot of projects or reports. Our main goal was student and Faculty services.
Students are good, but not certain management
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 29, 2017
It is too bad that a person can get into a position and jerk people around with doctorate degrees. One campus has that problem. I have talked to other professors who say, "I put a call in too" and never got a call. I say, "don't count on it. The program is good, and the university is a nonprofit, classes are 4 weeks, overall a good program. Just watch who your manager is!
Pros
students
Cons
certain management
Excellent on-line educational institution
Certified Core Professor - Graduate Film Studies (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 7, 2017
National U. is an excellent on-line educational institution, particularly in my field, graduate Film Studies. The students vary in ability and dedication but the best of them would be competitive at UCLA, USC, and NYU.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight