National Veterinary Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
To many chiefs
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505July 4, 2018
Terrible communication between technicians and front desk staff. They have no respect for their manager . The work ethic is unprofessional and they are rude most of the time to new employees.
Absolutely terrible and unprofessional management
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 19, 2018
BEWARE! CUTTHROAT CORPORATE COMPANY! Lots of bullying and terrible management culture. Favortisim beyond measure and I would NEVER recommend anyone to sell their practice to this company AT ALL or work for NVA period!
Cons
NVA management
Great Environment
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAMay 29, 2018
Loved working for NVA, I love what they stand for and they sure do appreciate their employees! It always felt like management was on your side. Would highly recommend to anyone who is contemplating working there.
Poor management
Helpdesk Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAMay 26, 2018
IT side management was terrible and preferred favoritism. Careful of the seniors as some might sabotage your work and turn others against you. This company is all about fitting in so if you don't fit in with them then you are quickly removed when you have conflicting views.
Pros
Compensation, Constant work flow
Cons
Management, favoritism
Strong Leadership and Advancement Opportunities
Hospital Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
A culture that lets you stay independent yet still provides support.
Great medicine, care of pets from the CEO down
Strong Leadership
Advancement Opportunities
A collaborative environment with peers
Pros
Peer relationships and support, advancement, care of pets
Cons
Growing fast so bumps in the road and lack of communications at times
A great company constantly looking to improve
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  USMarch 9, 2018
The company has a real focus on serving and keeping its promise to the practices they acquire. I was truly surprised at how friendly my coworkers were and how much leadership cared about making the company a great place to work for employees at all levels. Mistakes are going to be made, but this is a company that truly cares about hearing where they need to get better and analyzes how they can make it happen.
Pros
Hard-working, friendly, collaborative culture.
Cons
Still maturing
Not a positive experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Just not a positive company to work for. It was much better before National Veterinary took over the vet hospital. It became all about the numbers after they did.
NVA in a nutshell
Client service Rep (Current Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJanuary 23, 2018
The start of employment was very rocky,i was racially harassed by a manager who is no longer there but this behavior was through out the office. I have had hours that i have worked not paid to me and given the complete run around as to why and still have not been paid or had anyone explain. I have been profiled and prejudged by managers . There work is very pleasant and fairly easy, things can get hectic but i handle it with grace and patience. The hardest part of the job is being targeted and rejected and treated differently.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CANovember 22, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Their staff and managers are very friendly. It is a family-like culture. I really enjoyed my time here. Good people.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
None!!
Fun and Productive working environment with lots of ups and downs
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJuly 14, 2017
A typical day can be a rollercoaster. You never know what is going to be thrown at you as a fire drill. Can be challenging emotionally to work here but the rewards and benefits are worth the challenges
Poor Management within Call Center (CSC) Limited opportunity for growth
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 21, 2017
New management within the call center is terrible. BEWARE. No job security, "At will company may let you go for no valid reason", favoritism between management and employees, usually hire friends and family members of management and team leads, small room for growth unless you are considered a personal favorite. All about numbers for call center management will push you until you are completely drained and threaten you to be written up or let go. Work is redundant however pay is ok. A typical day within the call center are inbound/ outbound & live chat professionals who schedule appointments for overdue patients and educate clients on the importance of vaccinations and preventative care to drive veterinary hospital revenue
Pros
Pay is ok as a second income if living in California
Cons
Call Center Management
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 8, 2017
I have worked for multiple companies in the veterinary industry and I fell NVA has a unique culture. I love the company I work for and they have provided me with an opportunity to be successful as a Hospital Manager. The company truly believes in autonomy and in its people. You have a tremendous opportunity to grow and learn everyday.
Lost in Growth
n/a (Current Employee) –  Agoura, CAJuly 14, 2016
This company has a lot to offer, but there are interesting politics involved in their BD department and most of it is based on personal vendettas. Sadly this department does not treat all of it's employees very well.

The culture is amazing. Most people seem to get along.

Best thing is they have awesome benefits.
benefits
Cons
Professional, Trusting, Unstructed working enviornment.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAMay 25, 2016
Each day varied. I was responsible for many different items, spread across several departments due to the lack of sufficient employees.

I learned how to manage my time, how to work with other departments, duties in fields I was not well versed in, independence, diplomacy, delegation, patience, empowerment, and discretion.

My co-workers were an amazing team of dedicated people.

The hardest part was balancing so many responsibilities with little to no training, and the learning curve of which was a priority.

The most enjoyable part was being responsible for so many projects / items, and learning so much about fields I had not been exposed to.
Pros
Co-workers, independence, trust.
Cons
Lack of structure, lack of direction, and inadequate amount of staff.
Alright company to work for, still going through growing pains
Human Resource and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 2, 2015
Alright company to work for, still going through growing pains

field leadership mostly available
hardly any contact with home support office