You’ll be put in the fire. Learn on the job.
The training is cursory. You have tests to take for the first four days on customer service and opticianry. The managers discourage you from actually reading and studying the material. They want you to take the tests quickly and by finding the answers in the training manuals. The training manuals have a lot of hands on exercises which would be helpful to learn the job but due to understaffing there is no time. Managers want you entering orders as soon as possible.
Of course. National Vision had many training opportunities in all aspects of the company.
They have a good training program
Yes, the training is very extensive with National Vision. You will also work along with a liscensed optician and shadow them through the day.
Probably is the best answer I can give. The techs that I have worked with get about 4 days of intense training and good support from management.
You can get the job without experience
Unlikely. Training is minimal in most areas
Yes, all employees are cross trained as well. They have great resources for training and they do not let you go on your own unsupervised until you feel confident you can do it.
- What is the most stressful part about working at National Vision, Inc.?17 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make National Vision, Inc. a better place to work?16 people answered
- How often do raises occur at National Vision, Inc.?Answered by National Vision, Inc.
- What is the work environment and culture like at National Vision, Inc.?14 people answered
- What benefits does National Vision, Inc. offer?10 people answered
- How often are you paid? Weekly? Biweekly?9 people answered
- Do you get paid weekly? Or bi-weekly8 people answered
- What kind of pay do managers start out on?8 people answered
- Are these office located in Walmart.7 people answered
- Is the position full time7 people answered