National Vision, Inc. Employee Reviews

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2018
The pay was not so good. Learned a lot about how to pull lenses. Nice supervisor and co workers. Part time was great. The location was great. Bonuses when everyone in the company did great job.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, good people to work with
Cons
Pay
Great Opportunity
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 3, 2018
Great fast paste work environment for people that want a profession in the medical field. Always open opportunity for advancement. I’d definitely recommend.
Pros
Clerical Experience
Good management team
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company and would have no problem going back to work for them. My supervisor that I worked side by side with was incredible he taught me things beyond my pay grade to make sure I had the best opportunity to advance in the company.
Not the best
Administrative Assistant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 19, 2018
Location and travel was bad. Convenient for the armed forces. But not worker friendly. Frame selection was not good. The store manager was the nicest person
ambest
Optician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 19, 2018
enjoyed working here just commute ot to be alittle much, also the drama and gossip was kinda juvinile. loved working in maryland but hard here in rockford, i love the job its the staff and management that amke it extreemly hard to stay.
Pros
paidmtime
Cons
other employees and drama
Busy Vision center
Assistant Manager Optician (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work with patients who need there eye care needs. Great coworker, Great Communication with the Managers. Customer service here is great.
Great place to learn about eyeglasses.
Lab Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 11, 2018
I assembled and tested eyeglasses. Management were fair and nice. Work culture was good, but you primarily focused on your individual work load. The hardest part was meeting the exacting standards. The most enjoyable part was the work was interesting.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
I can't remember anything too bad.
Horrible District Management
Job Title (Former Employee) –  LocationSeptember 10, 2018
Great co-workers and store managers, but the management from the District Manager on up was really bad. Abusive and Rude, a lot of head games, and hiring friends or relatives to fill management positions. The District Managers' behavior borders on EEO violations and it is a surprise there are not more complaints about it but instead, people just leave. The company provides good benefits however, the opportunity to take any PTO is limited. People leave because of the higher level management and no one at corporate cares about that. It would be great if the Corporate Office reached out to former employees to inquire why they left, and the fact that they don't speaks volumes. Overall, it's a decent place to work but if you choose to work here, be aware that your work-life takes priority over your personal life.
Pros
Store level managers, CoWorkers, Company Benefits
Cons
Upper Level Management, have to work holidays, high turnover, sales and money driven. Have to watch your back every single day.
Good opportunity when I needed it.
Optometrist at Vision Center inside Walmart (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 3, 2018
Lots of patients per hour, 4, plus a check up, but ability to earn a living. Free ce, travel, hotel, meals. Some over focus on numbers without regard to professionalism.
Pros
Salary
Cons
A lot of patients per hour, manager allowed to be abusive as long as made her numbers.
Fast-paced, collaborative work environment; can be stressful at times
Manager of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 2, 2018
Fast-paced, collaborative work environment; can be stressful at times. Staffing levels in all departments not sufficient for work load. Stores run lean and understaffed often.
Pros
Fun, fast-paced, collaborative
Cons
Staffing not sufficient for work load
Unfair to minorities
Denial Rep (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 27, 2018
This company was extremely unfair to minorities. They never allowed many minorities key roles in management even if they had the experience. They didn't pay minorities a fair wage. The benefits were very high and the salary was very low. This company had plenty of discrimination law suites that more cases were won then loss.

Management didn't treat the employees with respect or appreciate the hard work of each individuals unless you were white. So the work culture was discrimination. They never allowed minorities to move up in the company unless they were under an investigation and they would only allow 1 or 2 at most. But never give them the same salary or job title to do the exact same work as someone white.
Pros
Met some great lifetime friends
Cons
Discrimination, low salary, no room for growth for minorities
n/a
Dispensing Optician/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 24, 2018
This company does not pay well. The regional manager imposes annoying and rude upselling tactics that quickly turn people off when their trying to save money and not spend more on glasses options they do not need. The part time hours I worked were customized for me while I attended school (community college). The pay was not competitive and I did not qualify for benefits. The store manager, however, was very helpful in teaching me the role of optician and was always there to assist me if I needed her. She is a great leader and she should have been the district manager. The regional manager tended to frustrate staff whenever she was on the premises. As a manger in the past, this type of personality was hurtful to employees. The staff felt competitive when a potential customer entered the store. There was no type of system to ensure everyone made sales. The turnover isn't good either. Due to the pay, most opticians left for better paying optician jobs with other chain and/or private practices,as I did.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Management was very poor. Favoritism
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCAugust 21, 2018
Loved my job and most of the people I worked with.
I'm a team player with great work ethic.
I was singled out and bullied if I made a mistake.
The company has great benefits.
Commission bonus was the best part of the job. I made elite sales person in my 2 years with company.
Quiet, slow paced, but lack of advancement in company
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 20, 2018
Very tight group of managers and supervisors, hard to get in the Inner Circle. Training is good, very quiet environment. Most management seem to be adept.
Pros
Training, environmentally controlled
Cons
Lack of advancement
National Vision
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2018
-Typical day: reach target,end day
-Management are easy going
-workplace culture easily adaptable.
-Hardest part of work none
-enjoyed working alone
Pros
Great, alone time work space
Cons
over competing with next person on assembly line
it was a paycheck
Laboratory Technician, QA (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2018
They grind employees then spit out their bones. Dead end job in the lab. Disregard recommendations from employees with decades in the field. Disregard doctors orders for injured employees.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work with an awesome culture. Growing company with plenty of room for advancement. Management cares about its associates. You have the ability to find your niche and do your best work.
More focused on sales than service
Doctor's Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed working with the patients and doctors at NVI. Working with management was difficult, though. There was a lot of pressure and even some scare tactics used to sell higher priced items or procedures that weren't medically necessary. I was required to do a lot of telemarketing to inform patients of sales and promotions, not just appointment reminders.
Pros
Not minimum wage, low turnover
Cons
Poor management
Productive, very fast past, high turn over in workers
Optical Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 30, 2018
Very Fast Past
How to make work with foreign co-workers
Management needed continuous education in several areas
Multi language culture
Pay not equal to job demand and economy
Working with foreign co-workers
Pros
Multi language workers and Athletic equipment on site
Cons
Pay not equal with job demand and economy
Great place to learn and grow with the right management
Unlicensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAJuly 30, 2018
I have been with this company for a couple of years. I love my job as an optician, i work with great people, and have learned a great deal of my selling experience here. However, the management is very disorganized with a foul attitude, which makes working for this company less than ideal. Unfortunately, due to the unprofessional environment, that makes for lots of angry customers/ patients with lots of emotional fires to put out.
Pros
Discounts on eyeglasses, ability to learn all aspects of an optical office.
Cons
No ability to implement needed changes in store, no saturdays off unless it's requested off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Vision, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight