National Vision, Inc.
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

National Vision, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States725 reviews

glassopticalvisionopticiannationallenseyeglasseyewear

Fun environment to work in.

Great co-workers and friendly environment. I learned a lot about ocular anatomy and how to pay very close attention to detail when working with patients.

Decent job

It’s not too bad. Ok 12 hours can be a little long. But the benefit of it is that it’s only 3 days a week. So your schedule is good. Some coworkers get away with everything and will be rude and micro manage because they know they never suffer consequences and never get watched. We are allowed to listen to music with one earphone. But the same ones that get away with everything even sit there watching episodes right next to the girl that just got into trouble about being on the phone, We get rewarded sometimes with catered lunches!

National Vision, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Everyone there is overworked and underappreciated.

Whether you worked as a receptionist and optician a tech or manager because of the demands of the company there was always too much work for every associate that work there. The receptionist were overworked with a five line phone eight appointments to be set per hour and constantly having people come in to pick up their glasses contacts or coming in with an outside prescription to buy glasses. Management only really cared about quotas and meeting sales expectations. If you had any restrictions on your schedule you were never offered full time position. Miscommunication between the front desk and the opticians was a constant problem and it led to resentment and gossip. No training was completely thorough for reception or optician positions.

The good helping customers with there needs there really wasn’t any bad for me I loved my job and love working with the Customers

I love working and helping the customer being a manager I’ve always pushed my associates to strive and advance in the company and I really love customer service, helping people with all there needs

Pros

Advancement School to advance in the company

Cons

Actually I didn’t have any Cons

I don't recommend

What I liked about this job was that they had full time hours to give out and the employees made it worth while. However, when the store doesn't meet their budget then management tells the managers to cut people's hours. How is that our fault that people don't want to come in for eye exams or purchase anything? That is beyond our control and we try everything we can to get people into the store. The company only cares about money, not about their employees!! We are all severely underpaid for the type of work we do. Why do we get paid the bare minimum when we are literally helping people see? I honestly do not recommend this company because you will feel like you are performing free labor. PLUS, commission for sales is very little.

Terrible Management and Low pay

Luckily all my coworkers are great and friendly but the management system is really messed up. They want you to handle every department but don’t want to pay you more. Very cheap and unhealthy place to work but to be honest, schedule flexibility is a plus here.

Great atmosphere, much room for advancements.

I enjoy my job, however lately there's a doctor shortage and I find there's way to much down time. I live my job and the people I work with, we try to have that family feeling. That works both ways, some days are good, some not. But we care and strive for excellence everyday.

Pros

Lots of PTO

Cons

Not enough doctor coverage

Horrible environment. Extremely poor management!

Horrible environment! Extremely poor management! They fired several for unacceptable reasons! They hired people full-time 40 hours a week and cut hours. Not a set schedule! Constantly changing schedule without notice! Fired people due to surgeries and doctor notes.

Optician

I enjoyed working for this company. The pay was fair and I was guaranteed 40 hrs a week. Management was good. Really enjoyed my coworkers. I would recommend them

Simple tedious work

You help make glasses, long shifts. Prepare to do the same thing over and over again for hours. You cannot do anything else. I had a great manager but I don’t know about the other shifts.

Great job. Terrible pay.

Great job. Fun environment. You feel like you’re doing meaningful work. But they don’t even pay you enough to survive. This is ridiculous with the cost of everything now. I could basically only afford to get to and from work. That’s it. It’s like the company knows we’re all struggling and could care less. I left because I wasn’t getting paid enough and was getting taken advantage of. I don’t recommend this place.

Unsatisfactory with management

Was told I’d get full time being management upon hiring and didn’t receive that months of being with the company. Management had no sense of urgency to open store full store hours so that associate could get hours. Which everyone complained about. Disappointed to the fact that after manager came from vacation my hours got cut. Then suggested ‘I’d learn everything’ but isn’t that the managers job to train assistant managers. While management was gone the store was a mess but left us to fend for ourselves. Worst training I’ve ever received!!!

Busy, fast paced, great work environment

Great company to work for. Number 1 priority is customer care. Promotions from within. On the job training leads to career. Amazing leadership involvement. High standards for all employees creating a fun and safe place to work.

Pros

Always busy

Cons

I happen to travel to my location but my choice so not really a con

I enjoy my job and the customers but would enjoy learning more. I would love to learn other jobs so I an advance if opportunity arises. Great place to work.

engaging work experience; casual atmosphere

For the most part I love working here but the pay is not at the national average for an Administrative Assistance type of role. It has the title but has a customer service clerk pay level. Because I am very experienced and have made almost double the pay somewhere else. I guess proving myself and over the time there will get me that type of pay level. They seem to encourage advancement and do things to help you succeed.

Pros

Free Coffee; no pressure; flexible on schedule

Cons

Short breaks for lunch;

Good communication and Productive with employees and blessed to work with others

I have learned and accomplished many learning of the company and being able to grow with National Vision and enjoy the environment and community of location .

Rewarding career, pay could be better.

This is a great job for military spouses, however, pay could be better. I appreciate that I can have a career alongside my husband with the possibility to transfer as we move from duty station to duty station.

Enjoyed working here

From the day I started, everyone was great. I enjoyed working with every one of my co workers. The pay could be better, but overall I enjoyed my time here.

Mostly Amazing coworkers

It’s a pretty decent job! However some people will get away with everything! Don’t show up for a week. It’s ok. Don’t come to mandatory overtime. It’s ok. Gets high numbers. Yes, but because they scan 20,000,000 at a time. Greedy and leaves everyone else with nothing but hard jobs. Person gets praised. Wow just wow!!! But we only work 3 days with 4 days off so that is cool! Can get a little boring at times.

Fair and honest company

Great work/life balance. Flexible schedule, good management. Pay could be better. Overall great company to work for. They do care about their people and promote from within

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Working on optometry equipment is very interesting and there is always a new piece of equipment to learn. Good management that are helpful.

Common questions about National Vision, Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at National Vision, Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Vision, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight