Nations Lending Employee Reviews

Don't come here if you want to be treated like a human being
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 22, 2018
If you want to be a commodity, a number, a metric, this is the place for you. However, if you want to be treated with respect and human decency, look elsewhere. You will be expected to do things perfectly with 0 training and horribly archaic resources. Even though they just invested a ton of money in the latest suite of Microsoft gadgets, it doesn't do you any good if no one uses them to communicate important information.
You'll need to wait a year to make contributions to your 401k, and the plan they've picked is riddled with unnecessary fees.
The people who are great at their jobs will get buried in extra work and have to cover for the ones who just can't cut it.
You will lose all credibility with your customers when you miss their closing dates because the corporate process adds days if not weeks to the timeline.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
HR just doesn't care about anyone.
opportunity to work from home, they furnish all supplies
Sr Government / Conventional Underwriter (Remote) (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 16, 2018
Unstable work enviroment, benefits are fair to avg. Pay is ok. Training is good and they furnish all equipment to work from home, however they don't let you know their expectations for production up front. And no one explains the bonus program to you. Team lead was not very responsive, but the dept manager was good at responding. They have frequent layoffs... twice in the past two months laying off underwriters. Not a stable working atmosphere. Loans are EXTREMELY difficult... lot of double wide mobile homes, credit scores below 600. Challenging loans with a lot of issues.
Pros
Work from home and they furnish all equipment, good training.
Cons
Unstable work, frequent layoffs
MLO & Processor
Loan Processor and Orginator (Former Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PAJune 22, 2018
Was an okay company, expected too much for rural areas. Salary and Commission was okay. Benefits were too pricey to support family. Management is out of touch with employees
Pros
salary and commission
Cons
Upper Management disconnected from employees and reality
Nice place to start
Assistant Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 29, 2018
I loved working here and had so many life experiences taught to me in such a short amount of time. Working close to home was wonderful as well! My manager was very nice to work with but wouldn’t be in the office too much.
Pros
Wonderful group of people
Cons
Pay was low and raises were nonexistent
Mortgage loans
Mortgage Loan Officer and Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  TEXASMay 2, 2018
Corporate staff are wonderful. Always willing to assist and answer questions in all areas. Family & workplace balance. Underwriters are helpful to answer questions and requesting underwriting documentation, they are on top of the files that need to move quickly thru the process. Clear to close and audit functions are quick and efficient.
Pros
clients achieving the american dream - homeownership
Cons
poor or lack of communication, salary is nothing to brag about
cheeks and balances for work flow
Nationwide Remote Underwriter (Former Employee) –  cleave land ohioApril 10, 2018
Biggest downfall , never got a reviewer salary increase. The QC auditors were cut throat and not very helpful. Post closing systems were antiquated and not user friendly
Pros
people, peers and processors
Cons
poor communication
Love nlc
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2019
Great, friendly and understanding management. Opportunities to make money for working hard! There is always someone to assist you in succeeding. GO Nations!
Very well put together business
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocean City, MDFebruary 17, 2018
When my team and I came aboard, we moved aprox 30 employees. As stressfull as that could be, Nations transitioned us very efficiently. They have a great team that guided us through each phase and it seemed effortless. From licensing to IT to HR, their staff was proactive and hand-held us all the way through.
The people that work here, from the owners to the support staff, genuinely care. You can feel that they have your back from day one. Training for every area of the loan process is available via online videos and also in person or conference call sessions. The marketing tools are second to none. Nations sets you up for success. If anyone has any questions call me.

Mike Ciorrocco
Pros
Pay, training, support, technology, underwriting, culture, benefits, the people
Changes in management turning place into slaughter house
Personal Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 12, 2018
NLC was an amazing place to work. I feel like I became an adult working there.I was able to buy my first home through them and made the most money I ever had. Unfortunately things changed very fast with new management and the people that I admired and looked up to ended up being phased out of the decision making process. I would recommend working there as a place to gain experience and get some good training. This is a place that you work for a year or two and than move on because it is too unstable. Also just be prepared for comp agreements to change every 2-3 months.
Pros
People, coworkers, benefits, work life balance
Cons
Management, outlook for long term growth, inconsistent pay
Pretty Bad
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 4, 2019
Don't really have much to talk about, a bunch of broken promises, pay changes constantly, and its always to benefit them. You work your butt off and its never enough.
strict non compete agreements
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 12, 2019
They have a strict non-compete provision in the employment contract that prohibits you, if you are an originator, from working in the county where you worked and neighboring county as well. I reluctantly signed it because they assured me that they had never enforced them before, which was true at the time. Now they are suing me for $75k because I left to work for another company. They have been going after several others from what I can see in the Cuyahoga County court records.
Ok Place to work
Senior Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 12, 2018
I have nothing to say. Its a fine company. Nice people.Bad pay with no opportunity for growth. Wouldn't recommend working here. But everybody is very nice
job over all
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 21, 2018
i love my job and the people I worked with. I worked file from beginning to end and any issues management helped. I love my clients and some turned into long time clients and repeat clients with referrals.
Productive, fast paced, competitive
Junior lo (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2018
The management team was great, they provided room for growth and would offer incentives to encourage their teams. Very fast paced environment, willingness to adapt and perhaps try something new. Competitive branch that kept me on my toes.
n/a
Mortgage QA Auditor/ CLOSER (Former Employee) –  Los angelesAugust 2, 2018
Great working environment.
I had a great time and learned a lot.
I was there for a year and one of the best experiences at work.
Great management and really runs on Team work
Great company to work for.
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 12, 2018
Nations Lending was a fantastic company to work for! They had an awesome professional, yet relaxed culture. There was a solid balance between work and home life.
Nations
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 3, 2018
The company is also good to work for they use all programs and have great managers to assist with any issues you may have. The programs they use are not used to the fullest.
not sure how to answer this!
Remote DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 18, 2018
The management and the expectations are something less to be desired, don't ask your counterparts for assistance - while you're asking the questions they're firing off an email to management complaining. It was to the point you were afraid to ask questions!
3 years strong
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 25, 2017
Making the decision to join a relatively unknown mortgage bank back in 2014, coming from a large corporation, was very scary. I can honestly say that it was the best move of my career. Great support, up to date technology, real live sales leads.. no cold calling. I love it!
Pros
Flexible schedule, flat management structure, unlimited live leads, excellent benefits... faster than normal closing times
Cons
Smaller company with limited brand recognition
Extremely Unprofessional
Senior Direct Endorsement Underwriter (Remote) (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 22, 2018
Management has constant turnover. Leadership is poor. Sales dominated the underwriting process. Extremely difficult for underwriters to produce quality underwrites when sales predominantly prevailed regardless of established guidelines. This is a place for a salesperson. Very few loans are declined. Upper management believes underwriters are a dime a dozen
Pros
A job
Cons
A sweatshop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nations Lending. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight