Nations Photo Lab Employee Reviews

Full time but worked part-time hour's
Invoice Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 3, 2019
Was hired as full time employee but when work was slow,pay check was unrealistic with part time hour's.I enjoyed my time there but worker's could not pay their bill's so many employees found work elsewhere.
Pros
Very busy during October-December and you can make money
Cons
Full time is really part time and with reduced hour's you aren't making your base salary
Blindsided
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 22, 2019
I relocated from the West Coast to accept a position at NPL. They pursued me for almost a month until I decided to accept their offer of a Dept Manager.... I moved all the way across the country only to be employed for literally 3 weeks, 2 days before being blindsided. I inherited a struggling dept and was fired just after 3 weeks of employment. I was let go just after my lunch and was told my department isn't doing and better than when I first started.
To much nonsense,
Processor (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDSeptember 21, 2019
Horrible, to much nonsense and buddie, buddie at the photo lab, they're like old kids, the breaks were ok all but the friends with the manager when ever she wanted to smoke her crew would just walk off break with the boss , hand picked friends there
That job got rid of a lot of people. They have no compassion for anyone only people they worry about other people in management especially this girl w
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 19, 2019
I was very loyal to that company I used to work 10 to 12 hours for months and I always did everything I was supposed to they have people in there telling on each other cutting throat and me each other and they allow the person that actually work has kids does everything right and let them go for somebody because they're going to tell on somebody else is a very high school atmosphere for too many peoples that are 30 and older. I thought I built a solid relationship with a lot of good managers good people because somebody went into the office until H&R a total false statement. I got fired. And the young man they actually told on me that she got me fired he is the biggest rat in there
Pros
Certain people to work them free lunches every blue moon
Cons
Too many people that walk around acting like that this and that and they really are rats ( Brandon)
It's a job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 13, 2019
Good for high school students. Adult can not survive off of salary unless they rely on government assistance. Management is never on the same page. If you don't have a job at all, WOULD DEFINITELY GO FOR ANY POSITION.
Pros
Great floor staff
Cons
Any one can work here
Productive and steady work place
Mounter (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 21, 2019
They could improve the way they treat there employees. The manager are not good people at all always in bad mood always having a attitude always talking about someone work to another person i would never go back there to work they do not know how to treat there employees
Pros
Free lunch when yu work Saturdays
Cons
Short breaks
Great
Seasonal Color Corrections (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 18, 2018
Wonderful crew, hard working, fast paced. Great Holiday job.They have strict rules but are very accommodating to reasonable requests and needs. Would work again.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
High pressure deadlines
Poor Management
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 27, 2018
I was accused of stealing a 8G flashdrive and i was fired. I never stole anything and they told me i was caught on camera. So i asked if i could see the footage and i was told they was not at liberty to show me anything. So i just left. Later that week an employee of Nations called me and told me they lied. The camera in my area was broken and didnt work so fired me for becuase someone said i took it. Im no lawyer but that seems kind of wrong. Just my experience.
Pros
Great Floor Staff
n/a
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD 21031February 4, 2018
• Put together buttons and pins
• Textured Pictures
• Die-cutting
• Boutique Packaging
• Loading/Unloading packages

Nice people and friendly environment.
CSR worker
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 25, 2018
people are generally friendly, it's easy to get along with the people in your department

during the holidays it gets very busy between 50-60 hours (between NOV and DEC you are required to work 10 hours a day with weekend days as well) a week for Customer service, while other departments do not have as severe a change in hours - we were working hours pretty close to this before the holiday season

departments have little communication, CS has strict communication rules for reaching out to other departments which can make it a long process to get information to a client and does not help with they are irate

call out time was 24 hour before you shift started - which makes it difficult to get an excused absense

little PTO and no specific sick days
Pros
friendly, free lunches, discounts
Cons
call out time, Pto, hours
good place to work
Shipper/clerk (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 19, 2018
good place to work , good people...good pay, gets busy at times during the holidays as people are sending special items for special people. Laid back family environment
Fun workplace, a bit more relaxed than i expected.
Lab Associate/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 30, 2017
Consistently paced job not too slow or fast except during holiday season when the pace picks up rather quickly. At the job I learned a lot about the process of making and preparing the many different kind of photos. Hardest part of the job is the holiday season between the months of October through the end of December. Most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and the different people I meet.
Decent
Production/Albums (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 20, 2017
Slow paced. Machines aren’t properly maintained which results in them stop working and the work flow stops. Money is decent. Managers are cool. Work is super easy.
Cons
Short Breaks
Millenials
Theta Operator & Mounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 1, 2017
All I did was work with other people my own age, it was nice, almost everyone was under 40 at the time. It did cause some problems with people who may not have been aware how to act in that kind of work setting though.
Nice place to work!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Balance environment. Very mannered managers and crew. Fulfilled the customers orders to their satisfaction. Generous company to work for. Different opportunities presented to staff to move up ranks or positions.
Pros
Free Lunches
its ok
Mounter (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 2, 2017
its a good start and quick money if that's what you are looking for then this is the job for you. This company have a lot of fun activities and you will meet some great long life friends far as your co workers.
I learned a lot.
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDAugust 9, 2017
I learned about what I don't want in a job. Not for everyone. Admirable small business. CEOs provided many work events that were very nice to attend. Ball games, Christmas parties, summer hangouts, ice cream days, beverages handed out during hectic sale times. Nice break room.

Employees were shuffled in and out. Management was chaotic and often ineffective. Frustrating daily job environment. Not allowed to sit, definitely a production line. Not being paid to think. Didn't utilize employees skills effectively.

Lots of cattiness and I'm pretty sure everyone I worked with couldn't wait to quit.
Learned some good things here
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 24, 2017
I worked on the administrative side of the company and was able to really learn about growing a business. It is a fun environment, with good people you would want to work with every day. There are some legacy people there that work for some departments in manager positions, they probably need to go. But the leaders of the company seem to be open to giving people a chance to move up. I personally did not get the opportunity but I saw a lot of people move up in the ranks.

I am leaving the job to move out of state. Otherwise, I probably would have stayed. This company is going places...the top people seem to be focused on taking over "photo," and I think thats great because there really aren't great photography labs out there. I photograph weddings on the side and I plan to continue using the labs they own.
Pros
Great if you love photo. Great co-workers. Great if you want to learn about growing a startup
Cons
They need to stop and take time to fix things vs. always pushing on sales
Good place, good people
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 27, 2017
I enjoy working at Nations Photo Lab. Overall the culture is pretty good. There are some great employees here who really care about art and photography.
Pros
Fun co-workers, great company
Cons
have to work some OT and saturdays
Good company. Bad managers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 24, 2017
Great company. Fun culture. Great passion and vision for the future of photo if you're into art or photo. There are some good managers and ones that are not so great. Theres a bunch of inexperienced kids who are running the show in some areas of the business. This is good for those of us with experience who want to rise in the company. Bad for those of us who are stuck under these people.

The company is definitely going somewhere. Call it the next Shutterfly from what I can tell. If the top leadership (which I think is smart) can get rid of some of these youngins who don't know how to lead, then I think we will see a big change.
Pros
Fun culture, great co workers, ways to move up or around
Cons
Young inexperienced managers. Pay for what you get.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nations Photo Lab. Our community is ready to answer.