Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Systems Engineer Support Center Tier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 3, 2018
Excellent place to work and learn. They have remarkable people and provide excellent service to our community. Benefits are terrific but pay scale is not average for IS positions.
Excellent place to work in terms of training and commitment to patients.
Behavioral Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at NCH. It is full of highly dedicated staff members who are well compensated. Patient care is excellent. Staff care does not match patient care. There is no flexibility on certain units about working 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Oustanding patient care;excellent salary
Cons
Staff care could be improved
Great mission, limited advancement and disorganized
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2018
I was a clinic research coordinator for over a year. There was very little organization and was often left in the dark until the deadlines were last minute. The staff cares deeply, but there wasn’t enough organization to keep the work engaging.
Great experience
Assistant to Senior Leadership/Surgeon in Chief (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2018
I have worked at Nationwide Children's hospital for 10 years and I have appreciated all the experience it has given me. I have ranged from registration staff to assistant to senior leadership. It is hard at times to balance work/life but they do take employee wellness seriously, which is a plus.
Ambulatory Access Specialist Physical Medicine (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioOctober 25, 2018
It was good no big complaint. I was able to flex my hours work when I nb wanted to. Enjoyed working in all the different specialties clinic. Helped me learn alot
great place
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2018
great place to work
nice management
great team to be apart off
friendly coworkers
great environment
excellent work hours
diverse group of people to work with
A great children's hospital
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2018
I enjoy working at Nationwide Children's Hospital overall it has been a great experience. It is an excellent company that focuses on quality of care and the patient experience.
flexible and relaxed environment
Human Resources Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
Nationwide Children's Hospital is flexible and there is a relaxed environment. They offer a lot of possibilities for work, life, balance. Culture is all about taking care of the children. The mission drives the organization.
Staff more immature than patients
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
If you liked high school, you'll love working at NCH. Management is terrible. The work environment is cliquey and gossipy. If you take a job here, be sure to document EVERYTHING to cover yourself.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Management, work environment
Most of time it is a fun place to work.
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
This is a good place to work and make life long friends.Over the years I help others get hire! If you need help with problems they were there help.They make sure most employee are qualified for the job they apply.
Pros
Good group of people!
Cons
Working nights sometime your the last to be include!
Best Place I have ever worked!
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
Best place I've even worked! Flexible schedule, PTO offered, may perks for employees, great benefit packages and retirement plans. I love going into work since I've started working at Nationwide Children's Hospital. My managers are well organized and caring. The company takes the time to train you and make sure you have what you need to be a great member of the medical team!
Pros
everything!
Cons
Pediatric Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work.
Pay can be better but my co-workers are great.
8 hour shift, and overtime available.
Helping kids get better is the best part of my job.
You feel your work has a purpose
IS Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Overall a great place to work, management if very supportive of their staff. I always felt valued and appreciated for my work. PTO and compensation are definitely a negative.
not a good enviroment to work in
DATA INTEGRITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2018
management played favoritism and did not treat people with respect. job training was not good neither was supervision or work load and job assignments.
Great place to work unless you work in environmental services.
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Great place to work unless you work in the environmental services department.
Extremely poor management, low hourly wages vs high amounts of work. No upward mobility at all.
Pros
Cons
Quite a few.
Patient Transport Summers Only
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Worked summers while in college as a patient transport staff member. Enjoyed the culture of Childrens Hospital and the professionalism of all staff. Manager and co-workers were great.
fun place
Constant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2018
the people there were super nice. I learned how to listen to the children and interact with them. it was hard listening to the parents blaiming the children saying it was all their fault.
Great first job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2018
As my first job upon graduating college, I love this job. I do not think I am getting paid what I deserve but I have a great manager that is very understanding and my coworkers are nice. The doctors I work for are friendly and I know NCH is a great place for growth.
Good atmospher
Complex HealthCare Program, Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2018
Overall a great place to work, management if very supportive of their staff. I always felt valued and appreciated for my work. PTO and benefits overall are definitely a negative.
Pros
Good working environment, supportive management
Cons
PTO/benefits
I loved it but Management...
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2018
I was on the floor C5A for years, management was horrible! Vindictive, spiteful and not very understanding and blocked any growth and very racist. HR did little or nothing about the many many complaints about this manager. I had to leave for my own sanity. No growth! Lack of appreciation!
Pros
The environment was great!
Cons
Manager & HR.