Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

no advancement
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2019
Unqualified management and don't even know my job duties to help the staff. she don't know EPIC and ECW database.............................................
Pros
health benefits
Cons
poor management
Great mission. Great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioJanuary 31, 2019
Everyone has a great heart and believe in the mission, vision, & values of the organization. It is all about saving and helping children!!

The issue is the employee is never first... it is understandable considering the mission to help kids, but sad if you think they truly care about helping you find your place within the organization.

I would refer anyone I know to work here! It is the best and most amazing place is you are mission driven.
Pros
the people
Cons
the silos people work in and the lack of development
Nationwide Children's is a great starting career out of college
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 28, 2019
I learned all of the basic necessities to become an adequate IT Analyst as an intern and was able to be promoted into a full time IT position within a year. Children's was a great first job out of college to get acclimated to the world of IT.
Pharmacy Transporter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2019
While working at Nationwide Children's Hospital I experienced essential aspects of what makes a hospital operate, I am glad to have been involved with the team.
it is a nice place to work at
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  columbueJanuary 22, 2019
it can be a real busy day some time but i love working with the kid and it is a real nice place to work the management is ok the people is ok to work with is finish the room on time because they can be mess some time
Pros
half price lunch
Cons
short break
Do not recommend
IS Support Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 20, 2019
Management is comprised of bullies and the gimmicks intended to make working life better is false advertisement. It boggles my mind how NCH managed to get on the best workplace list.
The benefits are lacking. I had better health insurance working for a cable company. They just introduced holiday pay like it was a new invention and the PTO that is earned is a lower balance to what most companies do. The maternity leave is a pathetic amount of time for a not for profit who works with children.
Overall the work environment is poisonous.
Pros
Decent pay, 5 free therapy trips
Cons
Management bullies, health insurance stinks, short maternity leave, weak PTO balance
Long hours due to high turnover in deprartment
Protective Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Long hours decent pay. No or little advancement within department. Off sites are a more relaxed atmosphere but are really slow paced. Good entry level job or job for retirees.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Poor supervisor and high turnover rate.
Ok place to work.
Ambulatory Registrar (Current Employee) –  Springfield,OhioJanuary 14, 2019
Overall it is an o.k. place to work. There can be quite a bit of down time. It is not a very fast paced environment. There are way too many managers or people in charge, which makes communication a little difficult.
More worried about their image than anything
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2019
There are better companies to work for that want great employees. Nationwide children's hospital is only focused on their public image and has lost touch with their mission, vision and values. It's such a shame that they are more focused on being politically correct than defending their employees who have provided years of service.
Challenging but rewarding job
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Fast paced daily tasks. Demanding work environment and time sensitive patient care duties. Must be pleasant and professional, prepared to help, patient care oriented at all times and energetic!. Common challenging interactions with patients and families. Must be compliant with strict hospital policies. Must maintain certifications and work eligibility. Constant day to day collaboration with coworkers. One team is an important concept at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Pros
Rewarding career, working with top notch people
Cons
Work life balance is difficult
Casd
Behavioral Intervention Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 31, 2018
Nationwide Children's Hospital was extremely unwelcoming to new employees. The culture was stressful and unprofessional. Senior staff showed little to no appreciation for behavioral aides, openly mocking their lack of understanding (or training). The same senior staff would then turn around and preach "professionalism" in the work place. Also, the most senior member of the office management team was especially ineffective, promoting a sense of classicism and bureaucracy rather than collaboration. Lastly, the behavioral aides here are paid less than almost any other organization in the Columbus area. I would not recommend taking a position at CASD.
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2018
Management was always very upfront and transparent about everything. They all were easy to talk to, always willing to help when I had questions or issues, and always available to talk when needed. Definitely one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Awesome place to work
Integrated Co-Occurring Therapy Clinician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2018
I was a community based clinician at NCH. I absolutely loved working there. I left due to my family's needs.The behavioral health department provided a supportive environment where I felt that I was growing as a clinician and contributing to the lives of families. There were many training and Grand Round opportunities for social workers to take part in. This is a company that makes their employees feel valued and supported. I truly felt I was making a difference in the lives of children that are often forgotten.
Pros
compensation, employee recognition, the change made in at risk children's lives
Cons
balancing family life if you work in the community.
Job Advancment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2018
When it come to trying to advance to a different department. It is very difficult to do so. You have managers/coordinators/supervision. that will try and manipulate you from trying to advance.

You also have the HR Recruiters who will either deny or send a rejection letter 24hrs after applying for the job that you are qualified for saying they went with another candidate that is will suit for the position but the position is still posted on the hospital website or other job web sites.
Nch
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2018
I have been really enjoying my years and see many more to come. They offer extra education/classes for anybody that wants to extent their skills. I very lucky to be part of the FACES team at NCH
Pros
overall good place to work for
Cons
retirement isn't all made out to be
Systems Engineer Support Center Tier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 3, 2018
Excellent place to work and learn. They have remarkable people and provide excellent service to our community. Benefits are terrific but pay scale is not average for IS positions.
Excellent place to work in terms of training and commitment to patients.
Behavioral Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at NCH. It is full of highly dedicated staff members who are well compensated. Patient care is excellent. Staff care does not match patient care. There is no flexibility on certain units about working 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Oustanding patient care;excellent salary
Cons
Staff care could be improved
Great mission, limited advancement and disorganized
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2018
I was a clinic research coordinator for over a year. There was very little organization and was often left in the dark until the deadlines were last minute. The staff cares deeply, but there wasn’t enough organization to keep the work engaging.
Great experience
Assistant to Senior Leadership/Surgeon in Chief (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2018
I have worked at Nationwide Children's hospital for 10 years and I have appreciated all the experience it has given me. I have ranged from registration staff to assistant to senior leadership. It is hard at times to balance work/life but they do take employee wellness seriously, which is a plus.
Ambulatory Access Specialist Physical Medicine (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioOctober 25, 2018
It was good no big complaint. I was able to flex my hours work when I nb wanted to. Enjoyed working in all the different specialties clinic. Helped me learn alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight