Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

flexible and relaxed environment
Human Resources Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
Nationwide Children's Hospital is flexible and there is a relaxed environment. They offer a lot of possibilities for work, life, balance. Culture is all about taking care of the children. The mission drives the organization.
Staff more immature than patients
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
If you liked high school, you'll love working at NCH. Management is terrible. The work environment is cliquey and gossipy. If you take a job here, be sure to document EVERYTHING to cover yourself.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Management, work environment
Most of time it is a fun place to work.
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
This is a good place to work and make life long friends.Over the years I help others get hire! If you need help with problems they were there help.They make sure most employee are qualified for the job they apply.
Pros
Good group of people!
Cons
Working nights sometime your the last to be include!
Best Place I have ever worked!
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
Best place I've even worked! Flexible schedule, PTO offered, may perks for employees, great benefit packages and retirement plans. I love going into work since I've started working at Nationwide Children's Hospital. My managers are well organized and caring. The company takes the time to train you and make sure you have what you need to be a great member of the medical team!
Pros
everything!
Cons
Pediatric Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work.
Pay can be better but my co-workers are great.
8 hour shift, and overtime available.
Helping kids get better is the best part of my job.
You feel your work has a purpose
IS Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Overall a great place to work, management if very supportive of their staff. I always felt valued and appreciated for my work. PTO and compensation are definitely a negative.
not a good enviroment to work in
DATA INTEGRITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2018
management played favoritism and did not treat people with respect. job training was not good neither was supervision or work load and job assignments.
Great place to work unless you work in environmental services.
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2018
Great place to work unless you work in the environmental services department.
Extremely poor management, low hourly wages vs high amounts of work. No upward mobility at all.
Pros
Cons
Quite a few.
Patient Transport Summers Only
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Worked summers while in college as a patient transport staff member. Enjoyed the culture of Childrens Hospital and the professionalism of all staff. Manager and co-workers were great.
fun place
Constant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2018
the people there were super nice. I learned how to listen to the children and interact with them. it was hard listening to the parents blaiming the children saying it was all their fault.
Great first job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2018
As my first job upon graduating college, I love this job. I do not think I am getting paid what I deserve but I have a great manager that is very understanding and my coworkers are nice. The doctors I work for are friendly and I know NCH is a great place for growth.
Good atmospher
Complex HealthCare Program, Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2018
Overall a great place to work, management if very supportive of their staff. I always felt valued and appreciated for my work. PTO and benefits overall are definitely a negative.
Pros
Good working environment, supportive management
Cons
PTO/benefits
I loved it but Management...
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2018
I was on the floor C5A for years, management was horrible! Vindictive, spiteful and not very understanding and blocked any growth and very racist. HR did little or nothing about the many many complaints about this manager. I had to leave for my own sanity. No growth! Lack of appreciation!
Pros
The environment was great!
Cons
Manager & HR.
Homecare has excellent Managers/Supervisors
Community Employee Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2018
Fist position/job I had after not working for two years after retirement. Homecare was very friendly and managers as well as employees were most helpful in making me feel welcome and my services needed.
Wonderful staff and environment to work in
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2018
New clinical leader did not care to throw workers under the bus. Didn’t care nor appreciate staff members was very sneaky and secretive. Absolutely loved the children i worked with and got to watch grow.
Super Excellent
Nutrition Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
Yes work here Great benefits. good atmosphere. 5 star company recommended.. yes yes yes and yes
Its very good company........ Nationwide childrens hospital is the Bomb
Pros
pay
Cons
hard work
Productive atmosphere
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
This hospital is definitely focused on helping families and children of all ages, disabilities, and needs. The staff is professional and are willing to help out in anyway possible. Great atmosphere for learning and discovery.
My life at NCH
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, OHJuly 24, 2018
I greatly appreciated the time that I worked at NCH . I like all of my co workers and the over all work environment from the locations. Working with and getting to know the patients was the highlight of my day. Working with children of all ages can be very delightful. If I had my way , I would have retired from NCH. So sorry to see you leave the Northern Ohio area.
Our management was very easy to work with and for, I didn't mind when they came up north to visit the offsite.
Pros
good work enviroment, great staff, good location, job perks
Cons
Closing the Nortern Offsite
The best Hospital
Cardiology Support Specialist/Administration (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2018
This place is amazing always will have ups and downs as with any workplace but NCH treats employees very well. Many different departments and shifts to choose from
I have enjoyed my experiences
Pharmacy Technician Educator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2018
I love the organization! They have helped me grow into my career. I have tried to utilize all of the resources that they offer. The fact that we help kids is one of the greatest parts about working here.