Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive atmosphere
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
This hospital is definitely focused on helping families and children of all ages, disabilities, and needs. The staff is professional and are willing to help out in anyway possible. Great atmosphere for learning and discovery.
My life at NCH
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, OHJuly 24, 2018
I greatly appreciated the time that I worked at NCH . I like all of my co workers and the over all work environment from the locations. Working with and getting to know the patients was the highlight of my day. Working with children of all ages can be very delightful. If I had my way , I would have retired from NCH. So sorry to see you leave the Northern Ohio area.
Our management was very easy to work with and for, I didn't mind when they came up north to visit the offsite.
Pros
good work enviroment, great staff, good location, job perks
Cons
Closing the Nortern Offsite
The best Hospital
Cardiology Support Specialist/Administration (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2018
This place is amazing always will have ups and downs as with any workplace but NCH treats employees very well. Many different departments and shifts to choose from
I have enjoyed my experiences
Pharmacy Technician Educator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2018
I love the organization! They have helped me grow into my career. I have tried to utilize all of the resources that they offer. The fact that we help kids is one of the greatest parts about working here.
Kimberly
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
Enjoy and look forward to working with the doctors, patients and families. Great interaction. Learned many computer skills, but a real appreciation for medical treatment and care. The management structure is poor and lacks attention to detail and working with people. Microscopic at times and not easy to converse with most of the time.

I have a strong admiration for physicians and patient satisfaction. I am punctual, reliable and always ready since the physicians and patients deserve this attention.
Pros
Physicians and their capabilities
Cons
Management style is very insensitive.
Very good job
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2018
Management was very immature, I did the job of three people, I was a very good employee and knew the job well. Made a lot of friend working at Nationwide Children's and would go back if ever offered.
It's a job
Ambulatory Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2018
Fun place to work if you're not worried about making a lot of money.
You are constantly asked to work. The more you work, the more you are asked to work.
great place to work
Inpatient Rehabilitation Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 4, 2018
An excellent place to begin career and develop skills. This was my first job and I am sad to be leaving it, but am looking forward to advancing my skills and career in another location.
Potenial long-term employment
Motility Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2018
Given your professional career, NCH can be a great place to work with a lot of opportunities. Or if you are settled and enjoy or position, you can look to retire after years enjoying what you do.
I really enjoy working here!
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2018
No job or company is perfect, but it is apparent that NCH really cares about its employees and the patients. So many programs and resources available to anyone who is interested.
Average Organization but Poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2018
Management is typically not held accountable for their actions. Benefits are pretty good. More opportunity to make lateral moves than to get promoted though. Often, unfair treatment is supported and condoned.
Benefits
Cons
Unfair treatment
Treats employees bad
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2018
Treats employees very bad. Doesn't listen to employees concerns. Brings in new employees and gets rid of long term dedicated employees with no reason why. Would be very cautious
Fast paced,culturally diverse work place
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2018
Very fast paced environment, culturally demanding,average stress level due to the hospital cultural. More management and leadership training is needed. Engaging with many different cultures was very enlightening and rewarding. Treat every customer with the service you would expect to receive that entails going above and beyond.
Pros
computer training to enhance skills
Cons
Parking
Constant Attendant Position
Constant Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 27, 2018
Absolutely loved my peers & the bonus pay! shift diffs was okay. The only thing that lacked was management (Supervisors) and the never gossip/drama of nurses & pca & ca behavior from some nurses and staff, like dang are we in high school.

overall Childrens is a nice place to work, but choose your unit wisely.
Pros
pay & other ca's
Cons
gossip, supervisor
Excellent performance is noticed and rewarded
Research and Reference Librarian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 25, 2018
I was very proud of being employed by Nationwide Children's Hospital and would seek re-employment there if I were to return to Ohio. Employees are passionate about their jobs and how they contribute to the mission and vision of the hospital. It was rewarding to know that excellence in job performance was frequently noted and made a difference in career advancement.
Pros
congenial environment with highly motivated staff
Cons
downtown location meant paying for parking and traffic irritations
Overall good place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2018
Good work life balance. Endless advancement opportunities. Culture here at work is great. Nice work environment with flexibility for work and family.
Cons
Pay not competitive with the market
Work Environment; Compensation; Management; Office Staff
Quality Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
I would highly recommend this organization; The compensation fits the position whereI performed my duties; Management was low-keyed but very knowledgeable; The other staff did not involve themselves with others if you were positioned lower. They immediately directed you to Management even when performing duties involving their work.
Pros
Great organization; Outstanding Management
Cons
Fellow co-workers
Nationwide Childrens
Scheduler/Registration (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 11, 2018
Nationwide children's is a very nice place to work and I received a lot of training that helped me when I went from one position to another. All the managers are very nice
Posh Pediatrics
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2018
NCH is the best hospital in the area! The setting doesn't feel clinical, it has a nature feel to it. Children seem to really enjoy the environment. Being a former employee, the workplace culture was family like.This was truly my favorite place of employment!
The culture is great
Business Analyst/Certified Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2018
The culture is great and i would highly recommend this place to others to work. Everyone is willing to help when needed and you feel like a team not alone.