Nationwide Move Management Employee Reviews

Be careful as well as mindful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 20, 2019
Well I'll first start this review by this is no means an insult to the owner of the company because I actually really and truly like him as a person as well as businessman however that doesn't change the fact that when you think you're valued at this company and really an asset, you're not and that is shown in every way. I worked for colonial for a little over 2 years. I have never once received a review which I should have after my first year there, I have been moved from position to position which I mastered every last one but yet in still I wasn't compensated for. I was one of the few people who knew my job AND everyone else's and knew how to effectively get things done. It's sad to say I thought I was working for a close knit, family oriented company, boy was I wrong! There's no room for growth here and at a company that's what you expect, to learn and grow with the company but the minute you decide to better yourself and want more, then you got a huge problem and WILL lose your job. They will sell you on the "culture" of the company and make it seem as if its all glitz and glam when in all honesty the culture is: being blamed for someone else's mistake, bounced around like a basketball juggling 3-4 jobs at a time without the proper compensation and let me not forget to mention the agents and certain individuals there made it a lot more stressful and frustrating then the job really had to be, being terminated once they feel you're no longer any use to them, it doesn't matter if you stay later, come in earlier, work off the clock, not take lunch/breaks, try to resolve issues  more... without the help or use of a supervisor so the customers don't make any complaints, or if you are an individual that did your job and did it well without the assistance of anyone from management. I think "upper management" need to sit down and think to themselves why their turn over rate is so high and why they cant keep good quality workers because everyone wants to be a chief and nobody wants to be an Indian, at some point you cant keep saying its the employees, you have to realize that the problem is management because not everyone is going to say the same exact thing about Nationwide. Now there are some good things that they do so I definitely wont sit and say its all bad but what I will say is you're not valued there as an employee and are easily disposable at any given time without warning and without notice and that alone is enough to make anyone second guess working here. Again no harm or insult to the owner because I really and truly feel that some of the things that goes on at Nationwide he has no clue of but I would really and truly suggest he finds out and rather quickly because if not those people in "management" will run everything he worked hard for straight into the ground because the one's in those high positions clearly don't know what their doing and is most definitely, positively without a doubt just plain ole stupid.  less
Pros
The awesome and amazing co-workers and some supervisors not all just some, as well as the nice gestures done by the owner
Cons
No room for growth, not valued as an employee, and easily disposable
Lots of complaints and issues from customer not always resolved management never learned how to deal with the root problem
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Tamarac FloridaJuly 7, 2018
This company is a broker and counts on carriers with trucks to haul their shipments people who work there are great loyal tried to do the best they can with the tools that they have unfortunately they're not paid enough for not appreciated and the culture from the owners will need to change.
The owners work hard at trying to do the same thing that worked many years ago that are not the trend for today in the moving industry. Currently at a hostile work environment employees are under immense pressure each day
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Owners don't appreciate their employees talk down to him yell scream at him threaten their jobs
Good place to work, especially if you're looking for a job with some slack.
Verification Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLMay 17, 2018
Management is fair.

In season it's very fast paced but other than that, it's a chill job.

Benefits and you work every other weekend..

Hardest part of the job is probably the selling of moving insurance but is not a requirement to get your quota.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Run Fast
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLNovember 21, 2017
it's not worth the headache and the supervisors are no help whatsoever besides 2 of them but the rest are lazy.......customers are constantly upset with really no resolution for their issues.
Busy and Productive work place
Customer service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Margate FloridaFebruary 3, 2017
Very Busy Environment. Love helping customer with their finance and arrange and organize their move. reviewing document and reach a resolution for customer issues..
Steady place to work if you fit in
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 16, 2017
This is a steady place to work if you fit in. A number of people come and go but it makes sense when management is pushing to be a high performance business. If you work hard you will do well here.
Pros
Hard workers get rewarded
Cons
Sometimes it seems like a revolving door
Productive Work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLSeptember 15, 2016
I gained a lot of experience at Nationwide working in the customer service and sales departments. There are a number of experienced people there who are more than willing to help you learn the ropes. They pay weekly and buy lunch for the staff from time to time.
Pros
Good commissions lots of parking and they buy lunch sometimes
Cons
Vacation time is few and far between
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLSeptember 14, 2016
The company is constantly looking for ways to move forward and generally takes feedback from the staff. 9-5 Schedule with weekends and paid holidays off. I even referred a friend to work here and he likes it too.
Pros
Great Hours Holidays off
Cons
Busy Season is crazy but the money is great
Interesting place to work.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 15, 2015
Working for Nationwide Relocation Services was an experience. Wish I could say it was a pleasant one. While it was interesting learning about how they run. There just is so much pressure there. Who wants to come to work with the mindset that today can very well be my last day because there is no job security. I guess easy come, easy go.
Pros
The pay is okay, and they do alot gift giving and free lunches during the Holidays.
Cons
Someone is always over your sholder.
Customer Service
Customer Service/Insurance Claim Rep (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLNovember 20, 2015
Great place to work. Everybody is very friendly. Plenty room for advancement. Some of the Supervisor were lazy and expected you to do all of their work.
work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 5, 2015
very nice offices, with good people working hard. started by a family they made their workers feel like they were apart of the bigger plan. which was to make the company a household name.
Very Productive
Account Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Margate FLFebruary 5, 2015
The job is very stressful, I will only recommend job as a last alternative. If you're not able to handle your own work this job is not for you. You have limited of help.
Productive and organized work environment
Senior Moving Consultant (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJanuary 19, 2015
A typical work day consisted of being on the phone and computer for multiple hours at a time.
I learned to assist clients in explaining services in a competitive work environment.
Working well on a team was also an important aspect of the job environment.
The hardest part of the job was to meet quota on the off season time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the customers positive feedback about their experience.
Customer Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLJuly 3, 2014
Good day, nice co workers, enjoying a helpful team, nice environment I love being in offices like this
Terrible Management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 9, 2014
To make it short and simple I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. The only time anyone becomes concerned with helping you resolve issues is when a BBB is filed or a customer files legal action and its only to cover their own behinds. Other than that its sink or swim while they sit and giggle and gossip. If you read the BBB reviews of the company it will give you a good idea of how bad the company treats its customers the employee aren't treated any better.
Pros
Pay, lots of parking
Cons
Useless management, unhelpful training, Sink or Swim Environment
This is a great Temporary place for employment.
Data Entry/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  margate, flOctober 10, 2013
I started in the phone support department. In this department my job was to contact customers and confirm if they were still interested in moving. After 90 days I received a promotion and went to the customer service department. In this department I would make and receive calls. I would assist the customer by providing information as to when is the pick up and delivery of household goods and go over the cost of the move. I remained in this department about 2 1/2 years and then I moved to the rerate department where I would calculate the cost of the move and provide customer with the balance due amount.
Pros
paid every week.
Cons
theres alot of favoritism within this company.
Unreliable Company
SEO Website Content Writer / Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 10, 2012
My typical day working here was constant writing and research. I learned alot about silo structures, html formats, dreamweaver, internet marketing, different writing formats, etc. Management wasn't the best at all. My coworkers were great. Alot of office politics were displayed. The hardest part of this job was being underpaid and easily dispensable to my employers. Not knowing what was going on within the company was the hardest to deal with on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of this company was being in a position that is one of my biggest passions, which is writing.
Pros
working with the it dept and learning about web designing
Cons
company had a bad reputation
stable company to work for
Junior PHP Developer (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 3, 2012
Gathering requirements from my manager, friendly coworkers, good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Move Management. Our community is ready to answer.