Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 956 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix of home, auto, commercial, specialty and farm products through exclusive, independent and direct distribution channels. Nationwide Financial focuses on long-term retirement savings products, providing firms and their advisors with financial solutions for their clients, to help those clients plan for and live in retirement.
Together, we represent the new mutual — a company guided only by our customers’ interests. Our unique combination of mutual heritage and risk management capabilities sets us apart from the competition.
We know that our future depends on attracting and developing the best and brightest talent. Once we hire an associate, we invest in their career and development.
Nationwide is a great place to work — and we are not the only ones who think so. Take a look at some of the more recent awards we’ve earned.
• 2013 Gallup Great Workplace Award: Awarded to the best performing workforces in the world for creating an engaged workplace.
• Training Top 125 Company: Presented by Training magazine for the breadth and quality of learning and development support for associates.
• Patriotic Employer Award: Presented by the National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard
and Reserve for showing appreciation to military-member employees.
If you’re ready to join an award-winning team who puts a great emphasis on customer satisfaction, apply for one of our openings today!
You’re seeing all 33 jobs at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company because we can’t find any available jobs at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 4.3K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
I didn't mind the job itself, I loved the office job was it wasn't really fun working with certain people here. There was no time off, and the boss was rude at times.
I was a captive agent at the time. They have done away with sales force, and are now selling through independent insurance agents. Best job opportunity now would be at Home Office in Columbus,vOhio
No trust between management and employees, threats of firing used to get you to agree to step down into lower positions that they wanted to move newer, younger employees into.
You are just a number. Terrible insurance company. Have over 2000 lawyers just to fight and deny claims. They are not on your side. Leadership is all about themselves.
many employees went out on medical leave due to the stress, unrealistic workload from upper management. good group of coworkers that made it bearable but could not recommend this company in good faith.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 125 questions about working at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company employees.
Insights from 948 Indeed users who have interviewed with Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company within the last 5 years.
Tell me a time where you had a tough situation with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?
Standard. Tell me about yourself, Tell me a time when..., Why are you qualified, where do you see yourself in x years?
Weaknesses and strengths
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company?Published on May 24, 2021
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company