Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
68Average

Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA15 reviews
I did not like the boss
I didn't mind the job itself, I loved the office job was it wasn't really fun working with certain people here. There was no time off, and the boss was rude at times.
Nationwide Insurance Agency
As an Office Coordinator for Nationwide Insurance, I was able to learn the fundamentals of an insurance agency and create a plan to restructure the system. Upon hire, the owner gave me a specific project to reorganize the structure of the main office. Six months of my time was dedicated to this particular goal. The end results improved the organizational flow of the office, which in turn provided a more efficient workspace for the agents.
Pros
Open door policy, Creativity, and Trust
Culture has changed
Used to be a very good company to work for but culture has changed so much within the company. So many changes have gone through- they're still very strong with training . Staffing quality has declined over the past years.
Over worked
Very stressful and overworked however great benefits.
Work load not manageable

No work life balance

Definitely underpaid for work load

Pushed hard to complete tasks on tight time budget
Summer job
The job was part time in the summer, but it was a good way to start out in the work industry. The work flow was relaxed, but not enough to where you could slack off, the files were always organized alphabetically and by date, making it a lot easier to work well. The coworkers were quick and easy to get along with, as well as the occasional customer entering the building. There were times that the computers were a little bit slow and wok flow was completed a bit early, but that last remark was a knit pick.
Pros
Easy to learn, adjustable workflow, good managment, not too stressful
Cons
workflow might be finished a bit too early, computers at the time were a little slow
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Busy, Hectic Personal Injury Defense Litigation Firm
Nationwide was a great company to work for in terms of salary, benefits, vacation and sick time. The small group of attorneys that I worked with dealt with car accident cases, and I was responsible for handling about 150 cases from start to finish. I left this job as it was located in Silver Spring, MD, and we were moving back to Philadelphia.
Productive and good place to work.
Good place to work. Co-workers were great and so were the clients.
Nationwide had it's click when you start just like ever other place I have worked. but than it became family, not just a job.
I don't recall being the hardest part of the job. I started in Lynchburg and we all did our job but had fun doing it, transferred to Richmond to a field office, we would all start with a cup of coffee, get to work. Many days we would meet for lunch. And sometimes in the evenings. If one was overloaded with work another would step in to help. This was a hard working group and took me in and patiently taught me multi line field claims and invited me into their families. I never thought of it as work.I guess the pay was good, I know I was working with people on your side. As far as the management, he was out often so we split his duties. The hardest part of job but the best too when people were promoted and left.
Pros
co workers
Cons
Watching co workers leave co or move
no non sense , excellent place to learn work ethic
My first admin job i must say was great learning expirience I worked for a man that has great worak ethic, hard working and willing to teach me the ropes I started fileing and then graduated to actually being a customer service rep for our customers it is a agency in falls church va as well which had a huge variety in culture which i love,

I learned all the basics and important aspect of having a job , hardwork , dedication, team work , how to work in all atmospheres good and bad , how to handle tough situtions,

I really enjoyed the customers they were great .
Pros
free lunch, working with people
Cons
there was no place for advancement
Great Experience
1,200-1,500 military personnel we separated on a weekly basis from Camp Lejeune, that of which I handled for Headquarters Battalion, 2nd Marine Division
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company?
No comment
Bad management, no salary increases, overworked, underpaid.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Bad management, no salary increases, overworked, underpaid.
Fast paced invironment
Sales and Customer service are key;

Agency is very fast-paced;

Heavy workload;

Staff communication very important;

Organization and sense of accountability vital;
Slow office and slow sales. Overall smooth transitions and professional atmosphere.
Productive and fun environment
Handle day to day operations with HR management. Ensured all new staff was properly licensed and appointed. Informed staff about training sessions available to them. Attended educational workshops as well. Enjoyed the daily interaction with the staff members.
Cons
no benefits
A very busy work environment
An environment that is just go go go.... pay was great but just started to wear out after a couple of years of doing the same thing.
Pros
something new everyday
Cons
something new everyday, so the change everyday becomes mundane