Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 2,448 reviews matching the search See all 2,472 reviews
Productive, challenging and they have a Gym to work out in!
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 17, 2018
You will work hard and long hours, but the pay is good, the benefits are excellent and there is room for growth and advancement especially if you are willing to relocate. The perks are amazing as you are offered all sorts of discounts including new car purchase discounts, theme park discounts, rental car discounts and numerous other things. They try very hard to make this an enjoyable work place and encourage community service opportunities for their employees, which include allowing you to participate in these types of activities during normal working hours.
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2018
great place to work here. It is a good place to learn a lot of things and get a good experience on various technologies. The management knows what they are doing and apparently they are doing a good job.
Good pay, about who you know.
Members care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2018
Besides working a second shift and having to work Saturdays. Get the option of working four ten hour hour days (with 45 min break. Plus 20 mins to do off phone work to tie up loose ends. 45 unpaid lunch) or 5 8 hour days (with 30 min break 15 off phone and same lunch) breaks can be split up how you want or joined. For the most part you're left alone to work and as long as your numbers are good it stays that way. Training lasts about 10 weeks and they like to say 75% of what you learn is outside the classroom. Can feel overwhelming at first but that goes quick. Healthcare is expensive and confusing causing you to pay more. Job is about who you know and click with.
Pros
Good amount of breaks pay
Cons
Angry customers very clicky.
Great Job
Internal Sales and Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grandview Heights, OHOctober 16, 2018
This job was honestly one that actually focused on making you a better person rather than just treating you as "another employee". The training period is a little long, but after that its a great place to work.
Pros
Work-life Balance, Work Culture
Cons
Pay
Productive workplace
Bodily Injury Claim Adjuster; Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2018
At this time with all the downsizing the people that are left are required to do more with less. Still a great place to work, so much change has occurred it seems as though management either doesn't care or they are limited in their power to help regain some of the prior work environment.
Pros
Discounts on products, Ability to work from home
Cons
Downsizing the enire departent
Call Center
Member Care Representative I, II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2018
Call center job, management not supportive, call center employees are lowest tier employees, and are treated as such. Not flexible with schedule, locked in.
P/C CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Great place to work, I really liked my job, it was very repetitive but job security was nice and having the ability to work overtime whenever I wanted was very nice.
Claims Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 15, 2018
Nationwide is a great place to work on many different career levels. There is also lot of employee engagement, diversity and inclusion. Nationwide employees strive to provide excellent customer service!
Absolutely fantastic
IT Process Management (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
I have been at Nationwide for 4 years, it has provided me with so much career growth. Nationwide culture is also stellar, they care about people, your development, family life
Nationwide
Receptionist/ Training to be an Agent (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Springs, WVOctober 13, 2018
It was a descent place to work, I ended up leaving due to maternity leave and due to not passing my test. I was able to work with amazing people and get a better understanding on insurance.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benefits
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 12, 2018
I learned all about insurance while working for them. I loved my supervisor and felt they care about their employees and give a good work/life balance
Work Atmosphere very friendly with my fellow colleagues
Sr. Data Analyst/ Modeler (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 12, 2018
It is very good for International candidates like me. we have lot of seniors to help out in critical conditions and make it easy to work. works very well for the beginners.
Great Opportunities, but Networking is a Must!
Claims Services CSR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2018
I have really enjoyed my time working for Nationwide. I have learned a variety of skill sets, and the benefits and pay are competitive. The culture is changing and it is very difficult to move into different roles unless you build relationships with the hiring managers before applying.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company. It was fast paced. I was able to come up with advertisement for the office to promote the business. I enjoyed working with the customers and being able to brighten someones day.
Pros
working with the customers
Cons
No benefits at that time
Leadership Development Programs
Senior Business/Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2018
Nationwide Insurance was a great launching pad for me and my career. And while I am not sure if they still have this, back when I worked for them in the early 2000's they had an amazing Leadership Development Program. If it wasn't for getting a great opportunity out of state I'd probably still be there in Columbus Ohio!
Enjoyed working with policy holders and resolving any problems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed speaking with the policy holders and assisting them with any issues they may have on their policies, explaining the different coverages that we offer and helping them select the coverages that would best suit their needs.
Productive, quiet place to work
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, ohioOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed the job it’s self, hard to advance in customer service as there weren’t many departments or room to growin management. Not the friendliest management
lmpeccable Sales Culture that allows associates autonomy to be successful in whatever career aspirations one may desire.
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
A typical work day would be supporting my team by providing coaching and feedback to our associates, attending team meetings and huddles, analyzing daily productivity, addressing behavioral issues as it relates to performance, peer mentoring, providing service to our customers, and managing schedule dependability among associates.

In my 34 years with the company I've learned about the insurance industry going through an Insurance Model Training which provide complete knowledge about insurance operations and how to build your own agency. This classroom training coupled with hands on experience allowed me to promote to several management positions which taught me how to coach others to be successful in their roles and propelled them to other areas of responsibility.

The workplace culture has six pillars that we all believe in and helps guide the success of our associates and leaders. The culture has full of energy, is very competitive, and is a fun place to work. We all work and learn together.

There is simply nothing hard or difficult about the job. We are provided with the tools and training needed to be successful.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the people and relationships that I developed over the years.
Pros
Impeccable Sales Culture with opportunity to learn and grow.
Cons
None that I can think of
The Most Enjoyable Part of My Job
Assocaiate Agent & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 10, 2018
What I enjoyed the most working for Nationwide was my boss. He was extremely busy but always managed to take the time to help me. He was a great leader and taught me everything I needed to know to run my own agency as he did.
Member Care Representative III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
Great place to work. A lot opportunities to grow and advance if you want to. The only reason for termination would be for unethical behavior or bad adherence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

95%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss