Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

customer service position
PC I PROCESSOR / Member Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 16, 2018
take calls a process changes to policies. Great culture and management. recently switch position to a work from home position and there is not much room for advancement so I decided I would like to go back to school to complete my associate degree
Nationwide
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 15, 2018
It seemed as the company never cared about its employees. They had a very strict "occurrence" policy in the call center and would not make exceptions for anyone, even employees who had legitimate excuses for missing work.
Little full time employee loyalty
IT Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2018
Bloated with off shore weighted worker ratios. Walkways from the garage are adorned with corporate value slogans that few managers have any hope of living up to. They are more worried about lowering the cost of doing business then about serving the needs of the customers.
Pros
They came up with the 27 hour day to balance the 3+ hours of meetings in a day. Bravo
Cons
They came up with the 27 hour day to balance the 3+ hours of meetings in a day.
work experience is good
Infrastructure Engineer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2018
Over all I think this is a good place to work. I think I am in a different situation than most people and think I am being held back from getting technical training.
Application Developer
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2018
Great company and great people. Highly recommend. Typical day included stand up meetings in the morning and coding and analysis during the day. Company culture is warm and helpful.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers, Culture
Great in small groups
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT/CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working here for the most part. what I didn't like was the constantly changing rules. It felt like I had to constantly ask my superiors what the new rules were each week when it came to policy holders.
A good place to work
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2018
There are always a lot of changes which you can expect with an insurance company but it's a great place to work. Most enjoyable part is the work/life balance.
IT Process Management (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2018
NW is very involved with the community and cares about its employees. NW has a work-out room, good benefits and an activities office. NW has many technologies and offers multiple disciplines for technology associates.
Little room for advancement
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 12, 2018
Managed claims daily and also had to do the managers job as well as she couldn't do it herself. Very poor senior management , they did not care about adjusters work load or issues.

Your got promoted by who you knew and not your skills.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management, favoritism among managers
Lack of Advancment
Outside Property Claims Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 12, 2018
Company lacks advancement for growing employees looking to grow within the company over time. Managers and Higher up's are never sure of the company's direction.
Pros
healthcare, 401, penision, vacation days, sick days
Cons
manager turnover is very high
The company
Premium Processor (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHJuly 12, 2018
They sold our department to another insurance company and let people go left and right and it was a mess. I felt like the managers didnt care to help people grow and work with them if they were struggling it was just a write up and fire.
Great Mutual Company
Sales Manager - Independent/Exclusive Agents (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2018
Nationwides core values are adhered to by leadership - Insurance distribution and product mix will be changing rapidly over the coming years and Nationwide is ahead of the competitors by adapting the distribution model, enhancing and creating products to make it viable for the next 50 years. Great company and culture. They invest in employees for development and training.
IT Manager - Application Development (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work. Gret people, great environment, great culture, open workspaces, every day is exciting, good pay and flexible time schedule were additional perks
Mostly relaxed
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 11, 2018
I say this job was mostly relaxed because while I had my work done I would have time to relax but as soon as clients came into the office it would get hectic.
Pros
Nice and friendly staff
Cons
30 minute lunches
n/a
Medical Claims Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 11, 2018
I am only writing this because i am required to. Do not work there. they are losing money and people left and right, making it more and more difficult on the people who still work there.
Productive and Fun workplace
Translator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2018
Coming to work at Nationwide is very fun and relax. While I worked at Nationwide I learned how to do Auto Quotes, Homeowners and Renters insurance Quotes. The crew are very friendly and helpful. There is no hard part of the job. The most that I enjoy working at Nationwide was translating to customers from English to Spanish
Mortgage operations
Jr. Underwriter/ Mortgage Operations (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 11, 2018
ALOT of meetings with no productive outcome. A Manager with zero mortgage experience trying to lead a team of 10 processors. System outages very regularly. The Underwriters controlled all that happened in the department.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 11, 2018
5 stars for culture and peer engagement. Great benefits and pay is high for the area. Not many positions open other than in claims very often. overall great
Great Company to work for
Specialist, Business Consulting (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2018
I worked for NW for 15 years and loved every second of it, however, due to a reorganization a few jobs were eliminated and mine was one. NW took care of me both financially and with resources to help me find new employment, which I am very grateful for.
Good community company to work for
Specialist, Business Consulting (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time there. They provide a good work life balance, support families and always give back to the community and encourage employees to do the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight