Nationwide Studios Employee Reviews

Disorganized
Phony
Cutthroat
Unsupportive
Company that I've ever had the misfortune of being involved with.
Pros
Meeting a variety of people
Cons
Absolutely Everything Else.
Low Pay
Independent Photographer/ Events Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2018
Low pay, no benefits, constant updates to the procedure, very little access to management, disconnected from the main office, constant break in internet service which was required to complete sales. Sent to schools that were extremely low income, in which it was difficult to make a sale.
Pros
Autonomy, happy cute kids, met tons of interesting people
Cons
Basically everything
Work on your own in preschool
Photographer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 3, 2018
It was fun when I get to go and work on my own in the preschool. The children were fun to work with. Some staff members will help you with the children to make them smile.
Pros
working on your own with out a boss over your head.
Cons
The new management loss all the business in the area I was working in.
Terrible All Around
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 2, 2018
Terrible company, terrible management, no organization whatsoever.

Busy months are only from March-May and September-Mid November. The rest of the year you won't have work. No way to make a living out of this job.

The website that customers would buy photos off of would constantly crash but you can't do anything about it you would just lose your sale. People in the company were not very responsive in giving me solutions. I had issues with the website for MONTHS before anything even started to change.

I wasn't even getting minimum wage for some of these 10-12 hour days. Some days if the location is far, you're stuck at the school in the middle of nowhere before you had to be back for the sale. A lot of time wasted.

Gas compensation depends on how much you make, sometimes it doesn't pay off.

I was commuting up to 68 miles to the schools. Ridiculous. A lot of times I had to go outside my territory just because they were understaffed and it seemed like other photographers would quit all the time.

You have to haul all the heavy and expensive equipment in your car every day. It can be dangerous to have this expensive equipment in your car if you don't live in good areas.

A lot of miscommunication between the directors of the school, the bookers, and the parents and the photographers/portrait consultants would be the only one affected by it. (wrongly booked photoshoot times, wrong sale times when no parents show up, parents not knowing about the sale so you don't make money, etc)

This company is a joke. You run into a lot of people unsatisfied with the company
  more... and a lot of them take it out on the photographer/portrait consultant even if some of the things are out of their hands (delivery of photos, etc).

A lot of unanswered phone calls and emails, almost impossible to contact anyone higher up.

Overall a negative and stressful experience working for this company.
Pros
Flexible schedule, sometimes you end the day early depending on sales times
Cons
Not enough pay, no organization, no communication, unhappy customers, faulty equipment, heavy equipment, wear and tear on your own vehicle
Don't work for this company
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 6, 2018
10-12 hr days when photographing a school and commission is terrible. No pay for all the at home work that has to be done. I barely even make minimum wage. They claim you can work all year round, however it is a seasonal job and you actually only get paid maybe 6 months of the year. But your still required to work all year long. It's extremely hard to get a response from home office. They either ignore your calls or emails or don't get back to you til days later. It's like pulling teeth to get the reimbursements your owed.
Pros
photographing preschoolers
Cons
long hours, terrible pay, bad management, heavy equipment
Warning about this company
Full time Photographer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2018
I started back in October of 2016, my job title being a full-time photographer. I had gone through several other photography jobs that were non-full time or that didn't offer benefits. This company did offer benefits but they took a huge cute out of your paycheck to do so. I usually worked around 60-70 hours a week. The pay was $75 to photograph the kids in the morning, and commission in the evening. Sounds good right? Well when you put in 12-14 hours in a day, that 75 doesn't go very far. The commission was very hit or miss, mostly miss as the company encouraged us to give the customers free stuff. The mileage compensation was less than ideal, they compensate their photographers around $1 per sale for mileage. But when you are driving 160-180 miles in a day it's impossible to cover all of your costs. I was told to write off the mileage on your taxes, but even that is not possible. Not to mention you have to fill your entire car up with their studio equipment. Overall, the environment of nationwide studios was stressful, toxic, and chaotic. Up and coming photographers, be wary of companies like this, there are better options out there.
Pros
Meet new people every day
Cons
Healthcare, pay, environment, work-life balance, expenses, people, car equipment, pretty much everything else except meeting new people.
Poor management, long Work Days
Photographer (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Management was very poor. Manager always lied to employees and to schools. Often times, you leave your house by 5 or 6am and won’t return until about 7 or 8pm. Since Manager is lazy and in charge of your schedule, you can be sent to areas that are far (which you pay to get there) and won’t make any money. You get gas reimbursement that are based on your sales. Reimbursement checks take about a month and a half to get back. Needs a change in management ASAP.
Pros
Work with children
Cons
Compensation, hours, travel, reimbursements, management
Terrible Company!
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  So CalJanuary 17, 2018
Not only did their advertised product work, the Customer Service was terrible. The photographers would only stay for one season and quit. Management is non existent and Owners don't listen to either their Customers or Employees. They couldn't even provide a simple CRM program to make people more productive. They laid everyone off for a week in spring to save a few bucks, giving employees 3 days notice. Stay away from this group of dishonest and unethical people!
Pros
Cons
Everything about he company dealing with Customers and Employees.
friendly place to work
Photo Editor (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, the pay was more than fair for the job, I had overtime every week with optional additional shifts, editing software was easy to use.
Turn back or you will regret
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
I worked for nationwide INC for less then six months, I have over 10 years of management experience and 12 years of sales and customer service. When I tell you that this company is one of the most un organized, unprofessional companies. They hire you and throw you into a four days brief online direct training were you have to grasp the concept quickly. the fifth your out in the field, you don’t realize until you get out there that you been set up. Your cleaning up the last representatives mess. All you will experience is 80% bad complaints from directors, principals about broken promises, disappointments, angry clients complaints about Company and management, photographers and last representative. All falls down on you, the company will throw all of it your way. The company doesn’t provide you with the proper support and tools to be successful but expect you to turn an entire damaged territory around in a quick time period or your gone. They don’t care about there employees just the numbers, and I was never given any photographer? Just thrown into the lion cage, I was patient until I couldn’t take any more, I don’t foreseeing this company lasting much longer. No real job security
Pros
Teleport schedule flexible
Cons
Management, unprofessional, no job security

Want to know more about Nationwide Studios?

Ask a question
Quick paced and fun enviroment.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 13, 2017
My job was to set photography appointments up with Childcare schools seasonally all over the United States. I also were as customer service representative.
Pros
I was able to see millions of smiling babies.
Cons
short breaks
Interesting marketing plan
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2017
A typical day for me at Nationwide consisted of, confirming appointments. I would make sure that I had plenty of company literature to distribute and samples for new clients to view. I would drive a distance from 15 miles, to 125 miles a day depending on the location of my clients. I learned quite a lot about photography styles, and the companies marketing plan. My manager was very nice. The hardest part of the job, was people cancelling photo events with hardly any notice. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting the children of different schools.
Pros
Selling a fun product.
Cons
Commission reduction, with no prior notice.
Driving
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 29, 2017
I loved working at Teddy Bear. I loved the children I got to photograph and the people I got to work with. All the driving I had to do however was taking it's toll on my car and myself. I would be driving far distances at times on little sleep and I felt that was not a good situation to put myself or fellow drivers in.
You Will Only Be Comfortable Working Here If You Are Willing to Be Dishonest.
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 13, 2017
The company is dishonest and lacks credibility. They teach their managers to say things to school directors that ends up being untrue, just to gain some temporary accounts. There is a lack of upper management responsibility, and they have no concept of what customer service is.
Pros
Working with children and school directors.
Cons
Having to deal with the disappointments brought on by production and the home office staff.
Very disappointing work place.
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 30, 2017
I did learn a lot about management and sale's with this company, but they have poor leadership. Hardest part of this job is waiting on my manager to give me answer's to questions as they arise.
Data Entry Clerk/Collections (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 12, 2017
I loved it here, the hardest part of my job was working on Sundays. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bookkeeping and data entry process. Overall I have no complaints.
Pros
own office
Cons
working on Sundays
Sucked the life out of me
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2017
I was excited to start work with this company. I find certain folks in certain departments to be nothing short of superlative in their willingness to help and support field staff.
But ultimately it sucked the soul right out of me. The hours are pretty crazy and you aren't guaranteed a living wage. it is heartbreaking to work a 13 hour day, not including drive time, only to have made about $4 an hour (yes it can be that bad).
That being said, I was afforded the opportunity to move up in the company.
One significant issue with this company is that the farther up the chain you go, the more disorganized it gets. I had a great trainer and supervisor, but in the end, managerial and structural problems forced me to end my relationship with them, along with being sent to areas of where I live that made me feel unsafe.
If you can handle feeling beat down after 12 hours and love children (The best part of the job), then go for it. But don't expect to actually make a living.
Pros
Great support staff and IT department.
Cons
Very long hours and stress
great work if you have the time.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2017
the job keeps you on the road and on your toes. be prepared to constantly change your pace, test your patience and be sick.

it's a fun job, and i love it, but i don't think it would be enough to be your sole source of income, unless you are booked into a very lucrative area. with a busy enough schedule, you can make a couple of grand a month. but you would have little time to enjoy it...only sock it away until the off season.

but, if you love kids, making them smile and laugh, and don't mind lugging the equipment about, it's the job for you! (personally, i bought a collapsable cart that i keep in the trunk, i can move everything in one load).

if you need constant supervision, cannot think and work on your own and under pressure, go find a desk job somewhere. this job is fluid, taxing and requires independent thought and faculties.
Pros
good money, dynamic and changing environment, working with kids
Cons
hectic and frantic at times.
Terrible Company!
Photographer/Portrait Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2017
Very unorganized leadership, they never told me information until it was almost too late. The trainer was VERY unprofessional. The pay was absurdly low, averaged to $8/hr with 14 hour days. I was repeatedly given incorrect information which made me look bad on the job. You are alone basically all day and they expect you to wait around in the middle of the day between shifts. They require you to drive 1+hr each way and provide no compensation. Don't waste your time with this company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, unprofessional leadership
Good Place to Work
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNApril 28, 2017
Lots of hours good place to work Working every weekend got to be to many hours. Management was new since company was sold and time management was a problem.