Native American Rehabilitation Association Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management structure
OHP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 24, 2018
A typical day is chaos from start to finish. There is no clear direction from your manager, but you'll hear it when you haven't done a satisfactory job.
Caring company with amazing Time-off & Medical benefits.
Medical Provider (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 24, 2018
The company is extremely caring and values their employees as much as it values the patients and clients they serve. They have by far, the BEST medical benefits (only $20/pay check) and time-off benefits I've experienced of any company. You get all traditional holidays off and paid for, plus the same on your birthday, plus the same on select Native American days. It's accrued time off and sick time is well above average too! You won't see as many raises as you do at other companies, but the benefits win most people over to stay long-term.
I was appalled at the comments about the CEO left by someone else on Indeed. The CEO has been nothing but caring and considerate over the 3 years I've worked here.
So overall, I've had a great experience and brag about my job to most people I know. Every department is different, but I can easily say that most the people I work with also love their jobs and it's reflected in their high retention rate.
Pros
Amazing medial and time-off benefits, great culture.
Cons
Limited raises
Profesional and comprehensive Mental Health facility
Counselor, M.A. Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2018
Caring dedicated professional coworkers.
A good place to intern.
Good supervision and multiple mental health disorders & predominant PTSD diagnosis.
Great, holistic treatment philosophy; Management is terrible!
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 8, 2017
I was employed with NARA for a year and a half. In my time there, I went through 2 CS's/2 PM's. Management gets in way of mission/work. As a CADC, we were always understaffed. Hiring process is a joke. Pay scale is a joke. There is no case management software so completing clinical notes is time consuming (archaic system). I love the holistic treatment philosophy and the presence of spirituality; however, as stated, management gets in the way of good work. NARA needs to get with the times and practice what they preach!
Pros
Holistic Treatment Philosophy
Cons
Mismanagement; Micromanaging; Poor Hiring Process; Archaic Software
Ugh
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 11, 2017
was great until they changed the management and started changing jobs and work environment without any good communication.

I had a great time until then. They are terrible communicators
Community Health and Wellness
Youth Program Coordinator and Cultural Advisor (Current Employee) –  Portland OregonJuly 24, 2015
. . . Youth Programming
Expertise in: Youth program creation,youth engagement/retention, suicide prevention programming specifically in alcohol/drug and mental health counseling. A Qualified Mental Health Assistant able to work with clinicians, mental health staff and inpatient/outpatient facilities to aid in suicide prevention.

. . . Cultural Advising
Experience in: Tribal IRB protocol, Tribal relations. A Tribal professional proficient in Tribal Best Practices implementation: American Indian Life Skills, Equine Therapy, Tribal specific QPR and language restoration projects.
Flexible work scheduling
CADCI QMHA (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 11, 2014
This is a family oriented work environment, It is an organization that focuses of the Mental, emotional, physical and spiritual enhancement of the clients and employees. Utilizing the culture as a means to attain this balance.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
not enough room for advancement
This had to be my favourite all time job!
Adult Mental Health and Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 3, 2013
Worked with addictions and mental health. Co-workers were very helpful to each other in regard to collaborative care. Counselors and therapists were very helpful to each individual client. This is a cultural specific program with therapist/ counselors from tri9bes all over the region and country helping clients from various tribes from all over the country. A lot of the focus is helping each client gain insight to their barrier(s) and regaining cultural awareness.
Pros
everything
Cons
i left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Native American Rehabilitation Association. Our community is ready to answer.

Native American Rehabilitation Association Reviews by Job Title