Native Instruments Employee Reviews

Young, talented employees in growing business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CADecember 23, 2014
Company is small and growing quickly. Employees tend to be young music lovers, musicians and DJs. Management is essentially subservient to head office in Berlin. Demanding jobs but with fun products and people.
Pros
Quarterly team outings, casual environment, cool neighborhood
Cons
Static culture, limited career potential for non-Germans
Solid company to work for
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 23, 2013
Native Instruments has a very relaxed approach to work environment, with a relatively good balance between work/life.

In terms of advancement, I see much of the managerial positions filled up by either people brought over form N.I. Germany, or by Germans hired in the US. I get a sense of distrust toward having US employees take on lead roles, a preference toward hiring German nationals whenever possible.

Compensation (in engineering) is about 80% that which I would expect from a top notch tech firm.

Also, although we can usually be done in 8 hours, the rhythm is relentless.

Like I was told in my onboarding meeting: "NI is unique in that it has become an industry leader, but it has retained its startup feel". I agree with the statement, but I would add: it has a startup feel in the intense grinding that goes on, after a year here I feel I have been working here for three. In terms of compensation though, it is not at all like a startup, it is more like an old crumbling mega capitalist enterprise with low wages, OK benefits, and no training.
Pros
Great informal environment
Cons
No vertical mobility, lower salaries, super demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Native Instruments. Our community is ready to answer.

Native Instruments Reviews by Job Title