Native Roots Employee Reviews

Very compliant and quality environment to learn and grow in the cannabis industry
Head Budtender/ Reception (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 23, 2019
very compliant company in the Colorado area. provides a great place to learn and grow in the cannabis industry. I feel it is a very cooperate company and it run very cooperate like. I feel like the pay could have been more competitive and I disliked how many times we had people put over our head from other stores.
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
high turn over rate
Worst Dispensary in CO
Assistant Manager Retail Sales / delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 22, 2019
Now that I’m a former employee I strongly dislike his dispensary and company as a hole.. I left with appropriate notice worked all my shifts, and was a solid employee (worked three different positions delivery driver, budtender, and assistant manager) . If you work here stay on the ‘good side’ or you’ll be talked about behind your back even after you leave on good terms.
-Managers will watch you when they are not there through the ‘security’ cameras using it to build some messed up George Orwell profiles spying on everyone for everything.
-Always changing menu prices make for a tough day as an employee
-fake culture biggest bunch of two faced clowns I’ve ever been around
-product is the same boring bs. Confident those genetics have been mauled
-will make fake promises to excite staff
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Awful hours, compensation doesn’t make up for the job
Transition Team (Former Employee) –  MothershipJanuary 16, 2019
Super high turnover in production (where I was). Shifts were from 6:30am to 5:30pm, 4 days in a row per week. Workers aren’t compensated fairly. Company puts a very obvious emphasis on not caring as much about the quality of product as they do about pushing out tons of it. They do shady things, like using weed that has fallen on the ground to make edibles and concentrates (they claim it’s legal and “perfectly ethical” to sell these to consumers.) Overall, the only reason I don’t regret this job is that it was a good segue into the industry. Other than that, you’re better off working for a company that cares about its customers and employees as much as it does about its image.
Pros
“Discount”
Cons
Awful schedule, low compensation, bad discount
Walmart of Weed
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Mothership DenverJanuary 8, 2019
At Native Roots your just a number and a body to this commercial marijuana company. The weed they produce is a great reflection of that with some of the lowest THC results you will ever see, 90 percent of their strains test between 10 to 15 percent. So bad in fact they outsource their premium bud from other companies and still they will try to convince you their the best cannabis company out their.... what a joke!. The turn over rate is the highest in the industry with most people lasting less then 3 months before they quit or get fired. Starting pay is $13 an hr and raises come once a year in January at 3 percent or less. Theirs no room for advancement but plenty of room to switch to other departments as people move onto greener pastures with other companies. My take on Native Roots is they will lie to you to get you to sign on but If your looking for a long term career in the Industry then keep looking, this place is a dead end. And no you cant go work in Canada their hiring Canadians to work their just ask
Pros
Free lunch once every 4 months
Cons
Low pay low quality products poor management
Lofty Ideas with Little Implementation
District Manager-Colorado South (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 27, 2018
NR is attempting to become mainstream but is failing in business acumen. The lack of structure or stable procedures make it a free-fall with little job security and terrible benefits. Rather than seeing any new strategies through to fruition, there is constant change and upheaval.
A great place to learn the benefits of cannabis whether recreational or medical.
Budtender (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2018
Native Roots is a great place to work if you love learning and education people about cannabis. The work environment is relaxed and fun and the staff is great to work with.
Pros
great benefits, killer discounts on product
Cons
not a very stable job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dillon, CONovember 30, 2018
Loved every minute of it. I was able to educate new consumers on the effects of cannabis and how to safely consume. The work environment was amazing and I enjoyed going to work everyday.
decent work
Company Foreman (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 27, 2018
pretty good place to work, no room for growth past foreman, no benefits and not even hours. Owner is very wishy washy and doesn't come through on his promises of benefits or raises
Productive and fun environment in my department
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2018
It really just depends on what department you are in. but it is a really great environment co worker wise to work with. They're easy going and nice to work with. It's really when you start to move up the ladder is where the drama is. On top of low wages that aren't cutting it for the cost of living in colorado, there's not much room for advancement anywhere.
Pros
hour lunches, 4 ten hour work days, fun people to work with
Cons
low pay, not enough room for advancement, only one year reviews for raises
Horrible Management
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Frisco, CONovember 4, 2018
Very littel empathy for employees. Native Roots is all about dollars and cents - they don't care about their people despite the fact they tout being "peope-first" which is a complete rouse. I was forced to work when both injured as well as being sick ..
Pros
discounts
Cons
horrible work environment.
Great Place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 5, 2018
Native Roots is a small, CORPORATE OWNED grocery store in deep deuce, OKC. Working there is great, the hours are flexible, and the workload is reasonable.
Cons
Corporate owned, no opportunities for advancement, low levels of communication between management and employees
Interesting
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 27, 2018
Native Roots was a very fun place to work for at first, but the company started slashing wages in all kinds of ways. I also felt there wasn't must room for advancement.
Native Roots only cares about profits and staying legal.
Budtender (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 19, 2018
Good place to get your feet wet in the industry. Beyond that, you will not make enough money to make ends meet in Colorado. Very much the Walmart of weed. High stress, small paycheck. What little advancement they offered, it came with much more stress and responsibility, without ANY pay increase. They bank on the fact that so many young people want to work in a dispensary and take advantage of their workers. 1-3 months for most, then out the door as they realize the truth and lose their enthusiasm. Next! That's how they operate. If you can live on $12 an hour. Go for it. If you need more money, respect and better benefits, look to work at another dispensary.
Pros
Working with Cannabis
Cons
Low Pay, high stress, lack of respect
State of the art cultivation facility with lots of opportunity for advancement
Assistant Bay Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 30, 2018
I was an Assistant Bay Manager for Native Roots at their Mother Ship cultivation facility. The facility is incredible, massive and state of the art. I started with the company when their was less than 20 employees so things were a bit hectic but overall it was a good experience where I was able to gain a lot of insight into the cannabis industry.
Great company to work for
Packaging Associate / Production (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 18, 2018
Enjoyed working for Native Roots excellent learning experience, management is professional and friendly. Opportunities for advancement are good for those who seek it.
Benefits
Cons
Good place to work, if you just want a paycheck
Post harvest, trimmer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2018
I was very enthusiastic about working for such a large marijuana company, I was told there would be advancement opportunities, i have been there 2 years and nothing has come my way, there has been opportunity for some people to move up, all men...
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mostly men work there
walmart of weed
Post Harvest Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2018
you are a number to them that is all. wanted me to stop putting people names on things and just use their MED badge number.
when i first got there quality was good but started going down very quickly
Pros
money and advancement
Cons
you are not a person just a number there
Cutting Edge Grow Facility
Horticulturalist and Assistant Bay Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 26, 2018
Very fun environment to work in...Dahlia facility is one of the premium cannabis grows in the Denver metro area. Pay was very low during my time with the company, but it has improved for mid-management positions.
Pros
Fun Workplace, Cool Industry
Cons
Low Pay, Minimal Benefits, Stressful at Times
Chill, cool co workers, room for advancement
Grow op and post harvest manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 23, 2018
If you have personal drive and a sense of urgency, you can move up very quick within the company. The pay is not bad for the work and you get a good corporate discount.

You get back what you put in for sure.
Pros
discounts, pay, solid hours
Cons
Potential health affecting work.
Negative and Unfulling culture
Budtender (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 14, 2018
Management only cares about their own job security and will throw anyone under the bus. Communication is nonexistent and the company culture is an absolute joke. Zero incentives given to front line employees. They have cut out every that use to make this place legit. Now it’s all bout saving every penny and making the staff miserable. They seem to embrace turnover so they can get new and enthusiastic staff. I’ve seen so many people come in and last anywhere from a week to 3 month. Most just leave because they got way better offers elsewhere for way less stress. Don’t take out slowing sales on your employees.. get better products!!

Every level of management is struggling to hold on to what Native Roots use to be. It has definitely turned into the Walmart of weed, especially the quality of employees. Upper management turnover is ridiculous. They stopped communicating when people quit or get fired. Everyone gossips about everything. This use to be a place I was proud to work for... now it’s just a stepping stone to a better shop.
Pros
Free eighth of native roots weed or concentrate a month
Cons
Negative atmosphere, pay, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Native Roots. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight