Natividad Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
M.D. is great!
Administrative Associate (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 16, 2018
I interned here during college as an admin. The MD I followed was really knowlegeable and the friendliest person I have ever met. I learned a lot in my six months.
Many surgery's
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 15, 2018
Great experience lost to learn. Good team to work with
everyone has there own advice in which works best as u understand the environment and the flow of things
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
slow at times . life in the OR
Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 12, 2018
Great work environment, team oriented, numerous opportunities to learn and expand skills. Good management team and flexibility in schedule available.
Pros
Great work environment and retirement benefits.
Cons
County employer pay is less than at private hospitals.
good people
Director of Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 9, 2018
nice people who care about their peers. trauma services brought a whole new dimension to the facility that has only made it a better place with more opportunities to learn.
Good work ethic
Labor and Delivery R.N. Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Natividad was a good work environment. It helped to work there if you were bilingual. The hours were good and nurses worked very well together. The benefits were just ok.
County facility makes it under staffed and stressful many times, equipment is old and challenging to provide excellent images
MRI Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Being a county facility with low support from upper management and the county board makes this job extremely stressful at times. Low pay due to an out of touch county board and union. The low pay causes a "merry-go-round" of training and the loss of employees to other much higher paid hospitals in the immediate area. However, due to all these circumstances, this also is a great training ground to new technologist and also enhances advancement into CT/MRI/ Special Procedures/ IR.
The culture is good with many interesting trauma cases, especially gun shot cases as Salinas is known for super high crime/ murder rate per capita. A decent rain can be obtained if one is assertive/ aggressive.
Pros
Decent training is possible along with advancement
Cons
Much too stressful at times and super low pay, benefits do not make up for the low pay
Working at N.M.C..
Gift Store Clerk / Front Admissions Desk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 2, 2018
You meet some real intelligent people ,watching someone get well enough to go home, helping people and being Sincerely thanked for your service are very rewarding.

The atmosphere at N.M.C. is very Friendly which is encouraged by management and all Supervisors.Great Confidential practices.

I enjoyed working at N.M.C. met knew friends some for life Co-Workers and Civilans and being able to have humor at work Great place of employment. 5 Stars Thumbs up.
Pros
Free lunches and Dinner
Cons
Dealing with the public sometimes difficult.
Great training hospital
MED-SURG TELEMETRY STAFF NURSE I (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 16, 2017
Management are very professional. Staff are friendly and industrious. Hospital regulations and policies are followed strictly. Great advancements in facilities.
great people
System seng (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 26, 2017
great group of people to work with. dedicated and very well trained.

Miss the people after project was done. Constantly improving work environment and culture.
Pros
people
Cons
politics
We will have employees events and chrismas party with all the hospital
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 16, 2017
Check email, voice mail, check insurance verification of patient schedule to come in to our unit, enter icd-10 codes on patients statement and get them ready to submit to Medicare, get insurance authorization for admissions to our unit, Translate to family and patient as needed. Help order equipment for patient that are getting discharge
Pros
We were able to get discount on the cafeteria for lunch
Cons
for our 15 min break we will have a walking trail around the hospital to walk
Caring for the community
Supervisor, Interventional Radiology RN (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 27, 2017
Natividad gave of itself everyday in every way. The staff and leadership serve the community and take down the barriers to allow this to happen. Being able to serve others was the best part of this job.
Really Great place to work at.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 25, 2017
It was a Great Experience working at NMC.
i got to work in different departments and learned a lot.
Hardest part of the job was seeing different patients and their needs
Never a dull moment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 19, 2017
As the only trauma center within Monterey County, there is literally never a dull moment at the Natividad Medical Center. Whether it's a vehicular accident, a gun shot wound, gang violence, or any infinite number of things, there is always a new experience to be had each and every day whether you're working in the ER. the Medical Surgical Unit, Mental Health or any other department.
Nmc
REGISTERED NURSE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 8, 2017
I liked working at NMC. I had to leave due to the passing of my fiancee. The job was difficult and stressful but rewarding. Management recognized staff for a good job.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hours
This was a face past office, lots of work on a daily basis, always short staffed
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 30, 2017
This was the first time I worked in Medical Records in a hospital. They taught me the whole process of Medical Records. It was a positive experience for me.
Pros
I learned so much from NMC, pay and benefits were great
Cons
I cant think of anything negative or Cons about Natividad Medical Center.
lots of learning
Nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 15, 2017
working directly with doctors. Getting to help patients is a amazing feeling knowing that you're making difference in someones life. My work can be very hectic at times.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 30, 2017
Natividad County Hospital did not have the best pay or benefits. It was a good place to work. Great managers and culture. Lots of Team work and good communication.
Pros
Cons
County Hospital.
Not so good
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 11, 2017
After working for NMC for a year, I have come to a very good understanding of how it operates. Working in its operating rooms can be awesome and sometimes miserable due to it's staff and surgeons. Have come to the realization that its HR department is no different.
various hours, many positions, stable job
Crisis and Mental Health Unit Intern (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 28, 2017
Good place to work at with a well trained staff. Large hospital with a variety of positions. Very well equipped and well trained. A staple within the community.
Wonderful people
Admitting/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 8, 2017
Best Cafeteria food, Caring Nurses, all employees talk and work together without hesitation. Security is right on board and always alerted, Emergency Room though does take A Long Time to see and treat patients that's the Only and.Mejor problem there!!