Natividad Medical Center
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Natividad Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States66 reviews

hospitalfriendlystafflearnedbenefitplacetimemanagement

Co-workers carried each other through. No Management support!!

During COVID I worked as much as 82 hours in one week!! Management did not show appreciation for us literally burning out to try and get the job done!!

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Missed break, no support from Management!!

Great patients

What I know now as an employee, I would not apply again. Great patients , some good staff that really cares; but there are staff who have been there a long time, and need to go… either they are burnt out, or set in their ways and don’t like change, especially new staff coming in eager to expand , learn, and serve; they may feel new staff may cause a threat to them. I really don’t know, but it is apparent they do t want to see you succeed… sad

Pros

Great patients

Cons

Bullying and harassment of other staff

Natividad Medical Center insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

good work life balance

Great place to work if you are a RN. current has a union that supports the nurses. over 500 nurses work there. part of county system. longevity is a plus while working here.

Good experience, poor management and HR department

The OR department was full of really great nurses. We did experience some growth pains but overall if you have a open mind, you will do well here. This is where it went south for myself. RUN away from the HR department. They will treat your pay as if its coming from their pocket meaning if they miss something, they will fight tooth and nail to get you what you deserve. They’re words are empty as in they will say something to you over the phone to make you happy but will not follow through in the end. Get EVERYTHING in writing because it will come back to bite you if you dont. When I quit, 6 people followed because of the lack of support and honesty. Its a good place for experience if you can hold out but definitely not a place I would settle down in. It was fine while it lasted. I left to memorial hospital and it was one of the best desicion of my life. The culture shock was huge.

Pros

Good schedule

Cons

Poor structure

Great learning experience

Had a great learning experience working in the health care field. Challenging yet rewarding. Never a dull moment. Always being challenge but in a good way.

Pros

Challenging

Cons

High turnover rate

Great staff

The staff was excellent and very welcoming to me as a new grad. I felt very supported and learned a lot. They train all of their new hires for their step-down unit, which may not be appealing to some.

Not going back

There are too many negatives for me to return. Peer hostility. Poor management. Severe managers. Poor work environment to work in ie not enough quiet places to get charting done, loud/noisy, constantly interrupted during procedures.

Nice work environment, nice coworkers

It was nice working here I would recommend it to anyone who is new! I loved it!! It has an environment that is able to let you work at your own pace! It pays well too which is a plus

productive place work in

I worked as a housekeeper for a summer while I was in school. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. The hospital has a good reputation happy to have worked here.

Pros

good pay

overwhelming, stressful

You are overworked for the amount they pay, every day is unpredictable. Sitting and waiting for patients is not acceptable here, you are expected to be doing something at all times. If that means cleaning the walls next to your desk or dusting.

Pros

They were providing free cafeteria lunch when the pandemic hit.

Cons

You are exposed to a lot of diseases.

Exelente facil

Normal. La verdad. Yo trabajé. En 2007. Y por cuestiones familiares tuve que salir de el país. .a arreglar terrenos. De herencia. Pero cuando trabaje en el hospital. Fue normal tranquila me gustó mi trabajo. Exelente mi compañerismo.

Pros

No hay.

Cons

No hay

Awesome place

Learned a lot, very professional environment, diverse. You will get trained. You will have all guidance you need to do your job. I loved it! Give them a try!

great company

great place to work. great company. The staff at Natividad works as a team. Everyone pulls together. There is always one or two people everywhere you go that trys to give one a hard time. Over all the staff is great. And the Mangers or GREAT. The best thing about mangement is you can go in and talk to them and they "LISTEN ".

Good Benefits

What really surprised me was the fact that the unit that I had worked was not culturally diverse by any means. With that in mind, it was very difficult to receive assistance. The prioritization of those in charge was unbelievable. Don't give your bleeding patient top priority - your other patient needs to have his sugar checked. Bottom line - the state has good benefits.

Fun, loving and caring E.R. Team

I volunteer at the Natividad Hospital, E.R. department. There I help the nurses with their patients, clean rooms, restock medical supplies, call for patients and learn to adapt on the fly. There are many patients with different problems come to the E.R. so we need to be ready for anything and everything.

Great place to work.

My typical day at work start at 0645 in the morning and goes all the way to 1915 at night. We work twelve hours shifts three times a week with four days off. Everyone in my unite it’s friendly and easy going. They are always there to help I’m anything that is need it.

working at a hospital

in the beginning of every shift , i would get report from the outgoing shift, start my vital signs , charting vital signs , reporting to the nurses/ doctors.

The coworkers made it fun to be there.

I loved what I did, and coworkers. But management was horrible. And some coworkers you couldn’t work with. No teamwork, if I didn’t enjoy what I did I would have quit sooner.

Productive and nice place to work.

I enjoyed working at Natividad Hospital. Friendly staff all over the facility. Patient is care is important role here at this hospital. Patients get the best care here at Natividad.

Fast Pace,very satsifing

I have always loved working at Natividad, I Have worked with great staff .I am relocating and will miss my Natividad Family so much I have learned to be a team player when they days have become so stressful.

know what your priorities are BEFORE you accept

If your only career goal is to build a secure retirement, this is the place for you. They still have an OK pension, so If you want to put in 20-30 years it may be worth it. Most Nurses only work part time here to keep their retirement benefits because the management is too horrible to work under full time. Your personal life will become non-existent if they have anything to do with it. They will make you promises with fake smiles and optimism then stab you in the back. This a a horrible corporation to work for because its county, so they blame everything on that fact. Every shift feels like you just went through a battle in a war but you will never win the war. Sometimes the co workers are the only great part of your day. I learned nothing is worth this much stress. I am much happier never having to walk through those doors again. The management is so far from reality and dont listen to staff.

Pros

a pension after a lifetime of service

Cons

you sacrifice everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Natividad Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Natividad Medical Center with

Natividad Medical Center Reviews by Location

Learn about Natividad Medical Center in popular locations

• Natividad Medical Center
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?