Natural Grocers Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 596 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Live your passion, grow your career! For more than 60 years, Natural Grocers has combined the affordability of natural groceries and supplements with free health and nutrition education. Our industry leading standards are never compromised in order to empower our community. Our mission is shared through providing a selection of more than 30,000 natural and organic groceries, supplements, body care and household products as well as free science-based literature, nutritional counseling, and educational cooking demonstrations led by enthusiastic, knowledgeable employees. Providing access to accurate nutrition information and the highest quality natural products is why we exist. If you appreciate a passion for an affordable, nutritious diet and empowering others to wellness through nutrition education, you belong on the good4u crew! The good4u Revolution is here, grow with us in a blossoming green industry.
Our company has been in business since 1955. We are a company that is built on great intent and integrity. If you’d like to work for a family run company:
· one that has the highest standards in the natural and organic grocery industry,
· one whose core values include a commitment to employees and the community,
· one who strives to hire full-time “good4u crew members” and provides them with great benefits,
· one that believes so much in the importance of natural and organic farming practices that it sells only 100% Free Range Eggs and 100% Pasture-Based Dairy,
· one that believes in educating consumers about nutrition and healthy food choices, and making sure that everyone has access to healthy food by keeping prices Always Affordable Every Day.
Then you share the same values that we do and we’d like for you to join the good4u crew at Natural Grocers!
-The Isely Family- Kemper, Zephyr, Heather and Liz Isely
You’re seeing all 367 jobs at Natural Grocers because we can’t find any available jobs at Natural Grocers close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 1.9K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at Natural Grocers have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
What is the best part of working at the company? Good Benefits & Pay What is the most stressful part about working at the company? To many Department Managers telling other employees what to do. Time line, on ordering products. What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Environment was good & I am not about culture. What is a typical day like for you at the company? You clocked in & went to your Department & started your daily job functions & actively assisted Customers throughout the Store.
I did not have favorable experience with management at this company. I was micromanaged by 4 different people, no one was on the same page, there were definite biases and it was an environment of decisiveness not diversity which made it difficult to work in.
What is the best part of working at the company? The people I worked with were my family they truly cared about me and everything that I was going through. I really wish that I could still be working there. If I had my way I’d still be there instead of where I’m at right now. What is the most stressful part about working at the company? There was nothing stressful about working for the company What is the work environment and culture like at the company? It was great What is a typical day like for you at the company? Being happy and looking forward to going to work.
There is no position in this company that doesn’t require cashiering and no management position that doesn’t have too deal with money pertaining to the cash registers and safe. They constantly take the staff from other departments to be backup cashiers and are constantly called up to cashier so nothing gets done in the departments they’re supposed to be working in so always feel like you don’t have adequate help. It’s extremely stressful and frustrating. It’s the only store I’ve worked at that runs like this. If they would change those two aspects and run it like a normal grocery store it would be infinitely better. That being said, they offer benefits for full timers and the employee discount plus vita bucks which is an extra dollar an hour that’s paid to you on a card that you can only spend at the store does make shopping there affordable.
The management here is pretty bad. They play favorites and make it well known who they like and who they don't. If they don't like you, they let you know. Super unprofessional. They go through people so quickly and the few that have been there forever it becomes very obvious after a short time why. Highly do not recommend working here at all.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 132 questions about working at Natural Grocers. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Natural Grocers employees.
Insights from 294 Indeed users who have interviewed with Natural Grocers within the last 5 years.
Customer service experience
My coping skills Customer Service skills Extremely great place to work
What is excellent customer service to you?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Natural Grocers?Published on May 24, 2021
- Natural Grocers