Natural Resources Defense Council Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Summary
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 12, 2018
Management and advancement opportunities needs to improve. No way for younger staff to develop and advance past their roles.
Some management staff have no training for successful management.
Fast paced and always changing.
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
The general atmosphere in the office depended on what was going on at the time. It also depended on government policies and how they were going to affect the environment.
Pros
Company paid retreats.
Productive and fun
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
This is a great place to work with amazing dedicated people. I learned a great deal about non-profits and how administration plays a large roll into dictating which causes get the most attention. There was a great deal of passion in this company and its employees. I would recommend that someone who has a positive view of making a difference in the world is the best fit for this type of company. They are very dedicated in their mission. I enjoyed every person who works here and the corporate values they employ.
Pros
good community culture
Very Productive and generous place to work
Benefits Manager (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Although I am a temporary employee, I am privy to the ins and outs of the benefits offered to the permanent employees. NRDC has a very rich and generous benefits package. The work environment is very relaxed and the employees super personable. Overall good place to work.
Top Heavy/Limited Growth Potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Top Heavy/Limited Growth Potential. Challenging and sometimes un-collegial work environment, particularly for non-program staff. Can be great depending on individual manager.
This is where you find your life long friends
Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Garrison,NYAugust 24, 2015
Wonderful place to go to everyday, and who knew where that would be from one week to the next as OB took us to many of the wild places in america and we learned so much about the natural environment and how to balance our lives with it. and of course, we learned so much about each other.
Pros
Learning to navigate in the natural world
Cons
None!
Energy Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2015
Hardworking people come here with a passion for the environment. The office is very productive and understands that part of productivity is taking care of your employees.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
It's a place to start your career in the environmental movement
Development Operations Grants Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
The organization is a great place to start your nonprofit experience in the environmental movement. The organizational culture is in need of restructuring.
excellent work environment
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  NEWYORKFebruary 1, 2015
It is a very great place to work . There may not be too much room for growth because of the model they have in place. The work culture is excellent.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2015
By far, one of the most outstanding non-profits to be a part of. The ethos is welcoming, inviting and inspirational. I learned a great deal from the President and co-workers about the importance of educating society and bring awareness to the fragility of our planet. I love working for a company that treasures the well-being of their employees and encourages their professional growth wholeheartedly.
Great place to work especially if you care about the envoironment
--- (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Great place to work with a nice atmosphere and wonderful people who believe in the work they do preserving our natural world.
Great
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2013
Hard job to gain. Everyone there loved working there and all were very socially conscious.