Natural Retreats Employee Reviews

A Great Opportunity
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTJuly 25, 2018
I've seen this company go through its share of evolutionary stages. I would say it's in it's most exciting stage yet.

The opportunity lies in its size, the level of responsibility it trusts with its employees and the effort to promote within.

The benefits are generous and thoughtfully weighed - between trips to our destinations for familiarization and Professional Development, they do a good job of keeping their employees on the rise.

The culture and the employees are the backbones, it's quite a family.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation Perks, Professional Development, Growing business, A lot of Respect and Responsibility, Hospitality is a fun business
Cons
Requires a lot of patience - still going through growing pains - you end up wearing a lot of hats
Not a loyal company. Cloak and dagger mentality.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Toxaway, NCMarch 29, 2017
Very disloyal and dishonest company. The upper management do not follow through with their promises. They are imcompitant. They also do not pay their bills, and continue to buy more property instead. They suck.
Pros
N/a
That was a waste of my time
here today gone tomorrow (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 20, 2017
They bring you in with promises of great benefits and travel opportunities. Senior managers who have no idea how others jobs are done attempt to manage without ever asking how long something might take They actually hired my position and eliminated the position in the same month. Everything is a big secret and then they want it done overnight.
Pros
travel
Cons
no input
Looks can be deceiving
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 9, 2016
There seems to be a lot of false promises and under delivering on over promised items. Financials seem to be a mess and the leadership is extremely disappointing. I would not recommend working for this company unless you are looking for a stepping stone to a better company.
Great team and benefits, hard work with great pay off
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2016
Rapidly growing business with the same sorts of growing pains as most other growing businesses I've worked for. Often its really hard work but that's re-paid to you with fantastic benefits and vacation allowance including a free stay at 1 of the managed retreats each year, and being able to leave early every now and again to go to a doctors appointment without taking a vacation day isn't frowned on. Managers have always supported me and every month there is some sort of a social event where you can get to know your team mates a bit better and enjoy a drink or 2. Yes, there are some issues as some of the other reviewers write, but I choose to be part of creating solutions rather than problems and rarely is the grass greener elsewhere anyway.

It pays off to be flexible, approachable and have a grab the bull by the horns approach.
Pros
Benefits, rapid growth, great co-workers
Cons
rapid growth, communication can improve
Poor Leadership, Bad Business Model
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 28, 2016
The company is bent on growth. Even when they're not prepared for acquisition and have no methodical plan for how to take on new locations.
The day to day work environment is casual. There seemed to be little urgency and things could usually be put off till the next day with no hard deadlines. Meetings and reporting were inconsistent.

Management seemed to be disconnected from the day to day operations and held an idealistic view of the company's state instead of realizing the problems and making plans to improve. They would often impose ideas/initiatives that were out of line with the current needs.

Co-workers are friendly and kind. There is an emphasis on drinking and partying. 4 or 5 beers per person during a 1 hour in office social is acceptable. If you want to have a good time, travel, go to cool places and be compensated well, this could be a fun company. If you want to build marketable skills and have something to show for your time invested... look elsewhere.

The hardest part of the job was the incompetent management. "Stuff rolling down hill" and blaming entry level employees for problems that were really management's errors. Firing of staff with little to no hand off made for many headaches while picking up the pieces and combined with poor introduction of new staff/management fostered a toxic culture.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the generous PTO and holiday time. It was kind of work hard and then take a three day weekend and forget about all the problems environment.
Pros
Unlimited Sick Time, 15+ days PTO, Generous Benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership, High Turnover
Great people
Sales (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 7, 2016
Entrepreneurial environment with great people who enjoy their jobs. I have really enjoyed my time with Natural Retreats. I work remote.