NaturaLawn of America Employee Reviews

n/a
SALES (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 4, 2019
The Atmosphere was amazing and supportive. I always felt like I could ask questions and learn more without judgement. The staff was amazing and their jobs and it was their goal to help other in the office to be great too.
Poor manager uses people and wastes their time.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 11, 2019
Manager wasted my time waiting for almost 1 month to start training at this job. I got 3 days of training for 4 hours a day. Fourth day he called to tell me that I wasn't a good fit for the job. I believe he only needed 2 people out of the 3 of us. He never even gave the chance to let me get on the phones so I could prove him wrong!! I would not want to work for this shady manager.
Pros
Hours were good
Cons
Terrible training
Productive and fast paced
Lawn Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Independent working enviorment
Lots of skills and training
A lot of Customer service opportunities
Great working environment
Freindly and helpfull staff
Pros
Independence
Cons
Working outside in heat or cold weather
Best Company to work for
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTOctober 5, 2018
Best Company to work for and owner is awesome and real great guy and always accommodated me when needed too. My supervisor was awesome and trained me so well that I was able to make my sales grow fast and increase my weekly paycheck. I had a great deal of respect for theowner and my supervisor who always would go out of there way to help me get a customer if needed from a visit to a customer that needed the owner to go out for some resaon. Whether good or bad and also had him make sure I was accurate on pricing per size off property.

Love this place.
Pros
free baskball court
Cons
midday to 700pm late hours otherwise good better than 3rd shift which there is none
Job is extremely stressful!!
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 3, 2018
Been doing this type of work for years and this company by far caused me the most stress! Production goal I feel like isn’t realistic by any means, the expectations from the company are set to high based on the fact of how many different things you have to do to each lawn! On top of that you spot treat every lawn which takes a lot of time looking for every single weed, management is awful, just make you feel like you aren’t wanted and they could care less whether you are there or not, wouldn’t recommend working here to anybody and I’ve worked for multiple lawn companies in my life, this by far was my worst experience.
Pros
Pay, work by yourself.
Cons
Management is awful. Enough said.
Forward thinking organization within the lawn care industry.
Regional Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 21, 2018
Business model based on a genuine concern over what families and businesses use for lawn care.
NLA promotes an organic, food grade lawn care program that has been embraced by a number of environmentally conscious communities.
great energy and work enviroment
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJJuly 8, 2018
Most of the day is spent on the phone with clients. The management there including myself was very driven and we all really believed in the product. The best part of the job was the atmosphere
Great work culture
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJMay 17, 2018
Working at NatiraLawn if America was a great experience. It is a family owned business that has created a incredible work culture. They provide excellent training, and reward those who perform. All in all, great company to work for!
Pros
Awesome commission structure
Cons
Seasonal
Good Place to work, smaller family-like office
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2018
The office I worked for was smaller than the other locations. Good job if you not scared of work and outside conditions. Custoemrs and employees were friendly. Theres alot to learn and if you want to advance up you really have to study on your off time and retain the information. Had to move so i couldn't continue working there but would of most likely stayed for a while if if didn't.
Pros
Compensation, work schedule, staff/customers
Cons
Weather
fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAApril 3, 2018
The owner is a very generous and knowledgeable man, It was a fun place to work. The guys that worked in the field were friendly. Very modern and clean place to work.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
seasonal
Aerator and overseeding (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 31, 2018
I absolutely loved this job and would love for another oppurtunity like this not only were the other laborers awesome but the management team was also very well put together and great to work for
Pros
Great employees
Productive and fun workplace
Secretary/Receptionist/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Family oriented company. Can't think of one bad thing honestly you're treated like family here. Summer cookout and a Christmas party. Great pay, bonuses and advancement a plenty
Good Company, products and services. Issue with management.
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Our branch manager took another position, and the Regional jumped in from nearby VA Beach temporarily. I was one of two awesome techs; we were told that whoever passes the Commercial Applicator test is the new Branch manager. I passed. Other tech didn't... but was from VA Beach. Regional refused to advance me, and poached my sales, and the job didn't pay enough to keep me.
Pros
Free turkey on Thanksgiving
Cons
The office staff poached sales from techs for herself and branch mgr
Its okay
Sales (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work but very unprofessional, techs rude and run all over the office and upstairs is just a mess they do whatever they want and get away with everything
Okay job until your find something better
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 13, 2017
I ended up only working for Naturalawn of america for about a week. I had a better opportunity that came up during my employment at this company.

This job is an intense labor job. You will be walking almost 7-10 miles everyday pushing a spreader with 100lbs in it. Its basically stop go stop go stop go. Company requires you to pay for all tests and applications and work uniforms up front.

I worked with two different guys while at this company. I told them both that I had to use the bathroom and their same response was "oh i use a bottle" "have to save as much time as possible" that was the biggest uneasy thing I have heard. that a company wants you go to the bathroom in a bottle so you can get to the next yard faster. Also this company automatically takes 30 minutes out of your paycheck when you never sit in one spot for 30 minutes for a break All in all this company like i said is extremely hard work but little pay. Its not hard to understand just hard on the body. The benefits are terrible as well. very high turnover rate from employees that work there. I would really only recommend this job if you need something while your looking for better job.
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
the heat
Interesting place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  South Dennis, MAApril 19, 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Learned new things everyday. Small office that was easy to get work done. Great working with customers and setting appointments.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Only a seasonal business
great place to work
Head Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed where i worked. The people were really nice. The managers were nice. i liked the area that i worked with. the hardest part of the job was the weather and being outside.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  N Attleboro, MAJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The majority involved being outside seeing clients and prospecting new clients. Management was very supportive. They had an excellent product to present to customers and the applicators were very knowledgeable. Communication between everyone was very good. Overall it was a good experience and appreciated my time there.
Pros
Good management, great product, very good applicators
Cons
It was over an hours drive one way....thats it
Enjoy working with my co-workers
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 28, 2016
This is a fast paced office. A typical day starts with returning phone calls, making routes for the technicians for the next day, calling each customer in the routes letting them know a service has been scheduled, answering the phone, helping customers resolve their problems, mailing statements, collection calls and any other situation that comes up. The hardest part of the job is collection calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-worker that shares an office with me.
Pros
Food provided with monthly meetings
Cons
no healthcare or 401K
Very productive and rewarding career.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Damascus, MDJuly 17, 2016
Great place to work. Management and co-workers got along very nicely. I learned alot about selling lawn care programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NaturaLawn of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight