NATURE'S PANTRY

NATURE'S PANTRY Employee Reviews

This company needs improvements! The pay is really low, so this is not recommended as a full time job. Hours are flexible, the staff are nice (at first) but are shady.
Pros
20% discount, great customers
Cons
No health benefits, shady staff, management sucks!
Great coworkers, flexible schedule that makes time for your life, access to different benefits, awesome amount of PTO for the type of business it is.
Hard work will go mostly unacknowledged and occasionally rewarded with the opportunity to pick up management's slack. Management is mostly unproductive and caught up with interpersonal relationships/workplace drama. *caution to any members of the LGBTQ+ community or people of color looking for work in this kitchen/deli*
NP was one of the most baffling places to work. You'd think it would be relaxed because it's not corporate, but day management is often in a bad mood and it puts everyone on edge. If they have a problem, they'll tell everyone except you. My biggest issue with NP was their failure to protect people. I myself experienced harassment that was swept under the rug, and at least 3 of my coworkers experienced similar things. The managers would rather you "get over it" and maintain status quo than address the fact that they have creeps working there. Most of the staff is great but a few bad apples really do spoil the bunch.
This was one of my favorite jobs I ever worked, was so much fun! Really good community, really good customers, was really unfortunate that the company was bought out.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Management lack poor communication skills; they can / will take you off the schedule for some time and after you come back will tell you you've done something wrong, will cut your hours without any explanation as to why, overwork you and not compensate (I got paid under min wage there) , they'll use any excuse to fire you oh sorry "let you go"
Deli Service, hot bar, Grab & go foods. Vegan & vegetarian foods. Sweep & mop daily. Rotate & Date stock. Usage of Deli slicer . Customer service. Checking temps.
They do not seem to handle serious matters correctly and management causes a repeat cycle of constant problems. The staff, however, is extremely caring and the environment is usually laid back and calm.
Pros
Paid lunch, discount, friendly staff
Cons
Poor to moderate management, mediocre salary compared to costs of living
It gets fun sometimes, but it also can be filled with drama, which is frustrating. The pay is low and there isn't much room to move up. Some Employees are nice, and the customers are great!
It is a good place to go if you need them to be relaxed with hours. There wasn't really any benefits other than the relaxed hours and discounts...........
I loved working for Nature's Pantry. The owners, managers, and employees became family to me. Sadly, Nature's Pantry was bought out by Natural Grocers in 2014.
I loved working at Nature's Pantry. As someone passionate about health and wellness, I was able to learn a lot about the industry, and use that knowledge to help people find alternative products and supplements. I managed 40+ employees, and enjoyed leading a team every single day.
Pros
Health, wellness, family oriented
Cons
No health benefits
One of my first jobs outside of high school. Everyone is very layed back and friendly. You won’t dread coming to work everyday. The customers are picky but it’s health food so it comes with the territory
Pros
Fair pay and relaxed environment
Cons
Picky customers
Busy day filled with multiple tasks ranging from placing orders with various distributors to inventory and quality control of produce. Presentation of merchandise and display.
Pros
Warm and friendly environment to work
Cons
some benefits
I enjoyed serving the customers, you grow a bond with them, and the employees are the greatest. It's like having one big family. The food is all natural and made fresh daily. I would recommend it to everyone.
Pros
Team players employees, family like atmosphere
Cons
No half priced meals, nor drinks, no incentives
Processing customers sales through the register, customer service, stocking shelves with products, replenishing products that are out of stock onto the shelves.
Health food store that provides frozen, fresh and shelf groceries, vitamin supplements and council when additional encouragement and direction are needed. Helpful staff.
My day varies from task to task because I have a complete understanding of every department. It's generally fast paced. I'm known as "the Jill of all trades" because I enjoy diversity and change of pace as well as learning new things.
  1. Employee Reviews