Nature's Sunshine Products

Working at Nature's Sunshine Products: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

companyworkjobgoodhardmanagementproductgreat

Great people and benefits.

It's a great place to work with great benefits. It gets a little monotonous at times. Wish there were more ways to move up in the company. You stay pretty busy but constantly feel like your not catching up on work as more and more is coming in. Good job security though. A lot of great people, some not so great people, but I guess you get that where ever you go.

Work from home. Fair pay for the job.

I work on the Canada customer service team. The good parts are it is an easy job and Canadians really are generally more polite than Americans. It is a small team. Sometimes it is slow, but sometimes 10 people call all at the same time, and we only have 5 people on the phones. If you have worked at a call center before, this is one of the better ones. Working from home is a huge benefit for me, but I do feel that it can limit you in moving up in the company. Particularly because the Canada team is so small, there is almost no room for growth on that particular team.

Pros

Work from home, relaxed, simple/repetetive

Cons

work from home, simple/repetetive.

Nature's Sunshine Products insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager

Was a good place to work. Hope for the best for everyone.

Loved my job there for two-plus decades. Sadly, about 8 years ago they started doing layoffs every fall. I survived until last fall. It seemed to become a way of clearing out a few of the long-term employees every year. I'm still trying to regroup (too emotionally tied to a job I guess). I was very excited about the new management. Such a breath of fresh air, and working so hard to take the company to a new level and new generation.

Pros

Exciting, innovative executive team

Cons

I was laid off, and that is an annual fall tradition.

Great people!

NSP hires great people. During my time there, I had wonderful coworkers and management was always focused on helping employees learn and grow. There was lots of room for advancement.

A lot of work ahead

The company has a lot of work to do to be a relevant player in the market. They have a staff that is mostly capable and professional. The staff is being asked to wear an increasing number of hat as they seek to become profitable. The new management team does not have strong knowledge about the business segment.. The hardest part of the job is getting enterprise alignment to do the important things that need to be done to catch-up with the market. They are an older company with a lot of outdated products and systems.

fast passed, hands on learning

Tasks mostly include setting up and and operating varies types of machinery. Therefore, great opportunities to get hands on training. Inventory system was new and hard for most people to input data.

Pros

Hand on learning, fast past, opportunity to develop abilities.

Cons

Inventory system was difficult to manage, work schedule, workload became scarce.

It was good for a long time...

It is a sinking ship. I was part of one of several lay-offs they've had recently. Maybe the new management will be able to turn things around, but don't count on it.

Company strategy

Vision not shared and supported at all levels. Often internal miscommunication. Slow decision process. Too dependable on leadership. Change of strategy. Good Product Marketing and Tools.

Pros

Easy to build

Cons

Lack of coordination

Opportunity to grow and expnd my abilities

Company was undergoing some difficulties due to Sarbanes-Oxley. I was able to step in and create the company's first internal audit department and assist in resolving the SOX problems. I was able to have a lot of autonomy on how the department should be set up.

Pros

Autonomy and challenge

No Pros for working here

NSP is run in a very old style manner. Typically this is a family company that grew into a large corporation, but it's processes and people couldn't keep up. Processes are never reviewed or bettered. Internal promotion is practically impossible even if you are better qualified than your manager. No work-life balance. You are required to show up on-time (you're late even if only for 1 minute) but you are always expected to stay late if the company requires you to.

Pros

Cons

Strict time policies

Great Products, Poor Top Management Leadership

The hardest part of the job worked with a person reporting to me and was totally disrespectful and not following rules and direction and when I asked Human Resources and my boss they didn't take immediate actions to correct the issue. The most enjoyable part of the job, the peers and the field. I like to work with the field and support them on how to increase their compensation and how to do business following the rules and avoiding issues with compliance.

Pros

Better price for our own products

Cons

Lot of meeting that after all didn't achieve anything.

Well Training and good team work

They work really hard to train you and to keep you inform with the companies changes, etc. Supervisors and co-workers are always willing to help with answering questions and giving support. It's a great environment and great people that makes you feel welcome. They always work on motivating the employees by doing small activities to share and get to know each other.

Pros

Benefits, flexible hrs, etc

Cons

There should be more windows in the call center.

it was great until we got a supervisor that was not good for the company

I had good supervisor he went to another department and my last supervisor was not a very good supervisor, and when you went above him they did nothing about it. Even when he was in the wrong they did nothing about it.

Pros

good pay, and good healthcare benefits

Cut Throat Culture

I had a terrible experience with the culture. My manager was constantly threatening me and other people with their jobs and never supported me in my work.

Pros

Compensation was competitive

Cons

Cutthroat environment

It was great while it lasted

It is a nice place to work. i would take phone calls from customers and members of NSP all day long (for eight hours a day). It was really repetitive work.

We make good stuff, but struggle to sell it

The marketplace changes, and we struggle to adapt. New management, new directives, new strategies, new programs--the latest ideas and people are brought in, and they stay for a while, upset the apple cart, and leave.

Pros

Good products, good quality

Cons

Changing rules, changing management

Not very fun to work for, felt unappreciated. Not enough pay to deal with their type of customers.

NSP used to be great to work for a few years back. Great benefits/perks. You felt like the manegment cared about your happiness as an employee. When I left in 2015 it was a completely different company. Most peeks were gone and they forgot how to be appreciative towards their employees. They did start doing giveaways for good reviews on your calls, but it almost seem like they were just trying to buy you but were really high strung about it.

Pros

Product credit

Cons

They took away the yearly dine out, motivational pre training, cubicle privacy, they recently down graded.

Nutrition Advisor

*Health and Nutrition learning *Good Boss *I enjoyed working there * Good Customer Service

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

short breaks

Good products, new management. Many changes.

A company with new Management and reorganization. Spanish Department was cut. Most people in department are new. Good products, have challenges and hard competition.

I am an independent consultant & herb specialist for a top quality leader of NSP products in business for over 50 years.

As an independent consultant. I have had the opportunity to gain the experience and education to help others with educational programs offered through the Company. I love helping others to reach their goals regarding their health challenges and/or overall sense of well-being. The hardest part of my job is having people understand the importance of maintaining their health through educational offerings that I provide. The people at the Company are always so pleasant, helpful and provide excellent customer service.

Pros

opportunities to grow and continually gain knowledge to help others.

Cons

can't really think of any.

productive

Enjoy working as a team, nice helping customers and place people on jobs

Pros

free lunches

Cons

too early

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nature's Sunshine Products. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits