Natus Medical Incorporated Employee Reviews

Disorganized. Lacking management in csr departments.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 15, 2018
Not recognized for all the effort put forth. Rules and procedures not followed very strictly. Can were jeans and shirts to work. Provided with some free catered meals. Popcorn provided for free each Wednesday to all employees.
Pros
Free popcorn, catered meals.
Cons
Low wage.
Lack of planning and poor management
Quality (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2018
Management is short sighted and only Interested in cutting costs for their bonuses. There are no long term plans for the employees and they are looking to eliminate the senior engineers since they have handled the FDA observations and they don't need their credentials or experience anymore. Contractors are the plans for the future but they will terminate their contracts early to save money. This is hard if you are on a visa.
Cons
Micro management, poor planning, looking to blame others for their ineptitude.
Great hospital experience
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAOctober 5, 2018
Enjoyed working with the babies and hospital staff. Great hospital experience! Choose own days to work. Great training! Worked with reliable coworkers
Pros
Opportunity to work your own days
Cons
Somedays work wasn’t available or worked fewer than 3 hours a day
Very Good company with an independent mind
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern USASeptember 26, 2018
Was a pleasure for 10+years. Natus is a Very Good company with an independent mind and room to succeed OR fail. Great people with a focused drive to be a player in a very big field.
Pros
Travel
Cool Experience
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
Awesome entry-level job to get some hospital experience! Hours ranged from 2-8 hours depending on the hospital nursery census. Wish the compensation and hours were better because I would have liked to still be working there, but the drive was too long for only 2 hours of pay.
Pros
Hospital experience, working with newborns
Cons
Compensation, low hours
Awesome work environment but not sufficient hours
New born hearing screener (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 26, 2018
Loved working here wish I could've continued but my pockets wouldn't let me. Driving almost an hour to work just to get two hours a day I was spending more money than what I was making it's not the company it's just if you don't have many babies you may not get many hours pay was great just needed more hours which they simply couldn't provide so I moved on sorry not sorry I'm just tired of being broke 🤷‍♀️on to the next 💃
Pros
Work with super cute babies
Cons
No hours at low birth rate hospitals
Would not recommend
Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2018
You will not advance in this company. Mangement in Chicago region very unprofessional and incompetent, not very helpful or team oriented, other hearing screeners will not speak up. The hours a very little, Area Supervisor wants you to go above and beyond but she is not willing to do the same. Being phony is want supervisor does best. Not a good company I can recommend
Pros
Screening babies
Cons
Pay, hours, management and the hospitals you work in
Great Workplace
Newborn Hearing Screening Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 6, 2018
You never really know what your day will be like until you arrive at work. You experience a lot of different attitudes and scenarios daily. You must be able to interact with different people and be comfortable doing so.
Hard to work for
Customer Service Capital Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIApril 29, 2018
I work 12 plus hour days
Company expects manager to be available at all times
hard to have a life
most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. I have a great team and shield them from the managment
Terrible place to work
Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2018
Management was horrid. I was jerked around from the beginning. I was hired and it took months to start work. Paper work was messed up. Took training I was never paid for. Long drive to work for 2 hour pay, and had to pay for parking. Was told this would be a flexible job while in school and work, but this was untrue. Only got 4-8 hours a week.
Pros
working with the babies
Cons
flexibility, management
Management out touch with the day to day
Finance analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Worked in Orlando was offered a job declined it as the management treats the staff poorly especially if you are a woman . If you complain they treat you worst as they tell the other managers.
Pros
Food and drink provide in break room
Cons
Mismanaged and California is out of touch with Orlando office
Constantly changing quality team
Manufacturing and Factory Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILFebruary 9, 2018
There has been a constant change in Quality Engineers and Quality managers for the past couple of years. This has made it very difficult to follow the quality system that is in place.
No hours and bad management
Newborn Screener (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 11, 2017
The most hours a week I got was 13. Even the "full-time" employees could not even get 25 due to the number of babies needing screened. I would drive an hour to work to get less than 2 hours paid time. There is little to no communication from management. The nurses of the hospital do not respect you. You do not even have a key card to supply closets for things as small as sanitary wipes or gloves. Therefore we are told by our supervisor to "just take some out of empty rooms when needed". The oldest employee has only been there for 5 months. The work itself is rewarding, as you tend to babies, although you are only able to put the sensors on and leave. There is no educating work or skills to be learned. I do not recommend this job.
Pros
Experience at a hospital
Cons
Pay, hours, poor communication, no privileges or benefits
Great place to work!
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Chicago/Surrounding suburbsNovember 16, 2017
I worked here while I was in nursing school and the hours were flexible they were always willing to work with my availability. I loved working with the babies and the managers were awesome. Great experience!
Pros
Training lasts until your comfortable, work independently, flexible
Cons
If the census is low not many hours
Natus is a good place to work
EEG Technician (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJNovember 9, 2017
i like natus, i only criticize their methods i think they are out dated with technology in comparison to their competion at alliance.
natus should figure out a way to give a full time schedule to all of their workers.
Pros
office
Cons
low hours, little work, dated material
Peloton
Hospital Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2017
Peloton is a new organization that has been around for 3 years. It is quickly growing throughout the entire country. Overall, I would say that Peloton s a great place to work.
Good Company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2017
Working with customers is very satisfying.
Finding best solution to issues keeps each day new and exciting.
I've learned how to be patient, how to listen and repeat what I hear for clarification.
Learned to do what you say your going to do.
Hardest part is fluctuations in income.
Satisfied customers and sales reps. Being #1 at the end of the year!
Company too focused on growth
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & PAYROLL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2017
The Company is too focused on growth and needs to spend more time getting their IT infrastructure and software programs working much better. They also need to focus on creating a company culture where everone is rowing the boat in the same direction.
Was hired but never worked
Screener (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 25, 2017
I was hired back in February after interviewd with a supervisor via online. A lot of things was needed as far as drug testing and n95 that I had to pay for myself. Online training that I never got to use. Just a lot of time wasted on getting ready to work and never worked. This company basically hadn't secured the account within the hospital I was to be working. It took weeks to find what happened to actually starting which never happened. Then they decided to pay something to the people that they basically jerked around and promised a severance pay because people was counting on working no severance pay still ... worst company ever.
Pros
The pay amount was ok but
Cons
Too many things to mention...the lack of communican between employer and employee
Most enjoyable group, great learning experience!
Senior Medical Label Designer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2017
Wonderful experience with a top notch Medical company serving the needs of Newborns. Very advanced in their technology and pursuing even further breakthroughs to stay on top of their game. Great management & environment to learn about the complex world of Regulatory, FDA and Medical products & packaging.
Would love to work full time or even a longer contract with Natus! The Seattle & local neighborhood culture was ideal for artists & designers to thrive & enjoy--even lunch outings were an adventure! Georgetown for example: eclectic, avant garde, and endless variety of superb food- even a Glass Blowing school, with open door viewing!So much to see & do. Ideal workplace indeed!
Pros
Ideal all around place to work, on & offsite!
Cons
Wish contract continued longer!