NAU Employee Reviews

Cut throat atmosphere
Retired Computer warehouse financial analyst Sr (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 2, 2018
Great benefit, great job responsibilities—-poor management. Always busy with challenging work. Work environment is hostile with groups of gossiping co workers.
Pros
Great job diversity
Cons
Politically motivated management, clique co workers
Unprofessional and Under Compensated
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 26, 2018
Management was poor, and work environment was unprofessional. Compensation was far below minimum wage and working hours were very difficult to earn. I will not work for this company again.
na
problem solver (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 1, 2018
My current co-workers are great. There have quite a few changes the last couple of years with. he change in the presidents that have not been taken well by the whole campus. Changes are still being made so we will see.
Review for NAU
Sodexo (Former Employee) –  P. O. Box 5736May 30, 2017
Loved to work for NAU.
Tried to go back in the fall. Did not get excepted back in for employment. Here again was seasanol work did not get unemployment for the summer to wait to go back to work.
great help with people skills
Temporary receptionist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 30, 2017
I had a lot of help with my people skills and became more comfotable with being able to start the conversation. I believe it got me more ready for a bigger and more advanced job that i will have in my future.
Pros
Got to plan events, hang out with my coworkers, and people brought snacks into the break room.
Cons
not having enough time to balance my school and social life, not being able to have them work around my daily needs, and not haveing time for food before I had to go to work.
A awesome place to get a education
Student-HC coding diploma program (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 13, 2016
I had a great journey with NAU, my advisors and the staff were all so helpful in managing us students. Making sure we were all taken care of.
Pros
Good insurance coverage benefits-Overall self benefit of knowing to give patients best of care.
Cons
breaks
great job to have
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 1, 2015
cleaned typically everything from floors to bathrooms, to offices and classrooms. learned to clean with different products and what they are used for
Beneficial for Career
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 11, 2013
Without this opportunity, I would not have been able to qualify for an internship. This job provided me with much needed experience for my desired career path.
Great job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZFebruary 13, 2013
Working for NAU was the best thing that happened to me. I learned discipline and most of my office skills in this position. The management and flexibility are things I miss most about this job.
Pros
relaxed schedules, comrodary, privacy, on campus job
Cons
on campus job, day shift
Fast paced but nice environment
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  DENVERMarch 7, 2012
Highly educated employees. Smart individuals. Need better directorship and more corporate concern for staff and faculty retention.
Pros
good people
Cons
poor directorship