Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling Corporation Employee Reviews

Lacks in so many areas
Field and Shop Technician, Crown (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2019
Worst company i ever worked for, lacks in Leadership, poor management, poor supervisor,bad work enviroment. Lacks proper tooling in today's technical times. POOR COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND UNDERSTANDING. Front door is like a turn style. Seen way to many people come and go.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2019
good people, good benefits, hard working staff dedicated to the company.

Going through much needed changes. Would recommend this company for someone that is willing to work hard.
Absentee Management
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 18, 2019
Management is has little knowledge of the work and is very seldom present. They seemed very out of tune to their Jobs, they come in at 9, go to lunch, and then go home at 2pm. Management One male and one female always leaving the property together and returning late. This resulted in a very uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Pay and benefits
work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 7, 2018
the day starts off with checking with dispatchers for work flow of breakdown calls or to get prevented maintance customers for a 8 hour work or work for the weekly work route.
Pros
job flow study
Cons
at times not study work flow depending on time of month
Good luck
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 17, 2018
Started early am had to find your own work, corporate was misguided and helped cultivate a hostile environment had to work 10 hours to get 8 micro manage everything.
Pros
Take van home
Cons
read review
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy working at naumann Hobbs. I have to relocate to searcy arkansas yo help my parents. The training they provide is great. The management team at the San Marco's branch is great. Great place to work.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Non
Awful
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
I speak for myself, being a veteran, when I interviewed, and took the job, this job was a complete 180, no training, manager was being manipulated...
Cons
Nice place to work, don't expect them to be around much longer though
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2017
Some good people.
I was given the opportunity to teach myself a lot more about my chosen field of work.
No room for upward movement.
Company is stuck in the past.
Company refused to move with technology, far behind.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Their afraid to spend money to make money.
Very family oriented company with wonderful people
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
The only reason I left Naumann Hobbs is that my position did not cater to my specific skillset. I love this company and I love the people I work with. Everyone is funny and personable and the company treats everyone like family!
there are good people and then there are rascist ones too
Forklift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2017
while working I experienced a racial incident that was in called for on their behalf and was terminated for speaking up for myself. and there aren't a lot of black people there period. so anyone with black culture stay away cause these people fear what they don't know and hate black people and the culture. literally I was told I didn't deserve special privilages cause i'm black.
Pros
good benifits that changes lives
Cons
racist people umong great people
Amazing and diversified field service work
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Bagdad, AZJanuary 3, 2017
Worked in a open pit copper mine as a field service tech, welded and fabricated, extreme equipment overhauls. On call every other weekend, paid training and certification. Paid vacations always room to advance.
Pros
Paid for specialty tools and triple time pay for holidays
Cons
Super dangerous environment and long hours
Constant Chaos
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2016
The forklift industry is constant problem solving. Equipment downtime is costly to any business. Quick response to customer needs is "THE PRIORITY".

There was never a typical day at work as the industry is a solution oriented response to customer needs. Be prepared to react to any situation that may arise.

Teamwork and confidence in your co-workers are essential to provide the best level of quality customer service.

Management is reactive not active.

Co-workers are a team.

Difficult to overcome managerial obstacles to do "THE RIGHT THING" for customer service.

Taking care of customer's needs and listening to their sincere gratitude.
Normal workday
Field Service technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Normal workday, I arrive to the shop, get all parts and turn in paperwork from the previous day and then go to my first customer of the day.
Good Company to work for.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the empowerment that was given so freely to me. The company allowed me to grow in many different ways, for that I am very grateful.
Pros
Some really great co workers
Cons
Training
Not a great company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2016
If your looking to work for a company that values their culture as well as gives you respect, find somewhere else and don't come here. It was one of the most miserable places I've ever worked. The people here are very seasoned, meaning they have worked there for over 20-25 years so they're set in their ways. The office is nothing to look at, everything is from about 1983. The way people talk to each other is absolutely distasteful and rude. I'm no prude, but there's a time and a place for certain language. The immaturity level is high and people make fun of others without considering anyone's feelings. Management is a joke! There are a few managers that are trying to make changes in order to take the company to another level but I wish them the best, because other people are very stubborn and set in their ways. I was told I would be doing certain tasks that were fun and interesting, instead I was stuck doing the same thing everyday and it was absolutely miserable. I saw myself becoming so mean and not my natural self until it was time to go. Even then my attitude was horrible knowing I had to go back to this place the next day. I felt picked on and my manager was the most condescending human being I have ever came across. They were unable to be helpful, mood was always shifty so you never knew what you were going to get from a day to day basis. I shouldn't have to be so afraid of a person who is on my team. It's the most petty place to work!
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
No PTO for a year, no real customer service, just awful
Learning experience
HR Assistant/Back-up Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2015
During my time at Naumann, I was able to learn more and access new skills from different departments. It was a great learning experience.
Would not recommend as an employer to anyone
Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
Horrible company to work for. I was lied to and lied about by other employees. I ended up begging other tech's for work and consequently did all their dirty work. Was given a customer base just threw out to the dogs
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Not much to describe
Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
Not much to describe besides some good co-workers
Not much about management
Learned not alot as acpected
Trying to stay busy
not much about enjoyment of the job
Pros
some co- workers
Cons
Communication/ lack of work
Not as it seems
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2014
I was told there is plenty of work and I would have my own customer base. Not true, I was not given any customers of my own to service, I ended up begging other techs for work That led to me getting all the nasty customers they didnt want to service. Those are the customers I Had to take. I felt lucky to get 30 hrs a week
Pros
Cons
mandatory overtime, parts dept really bad. Not on the clock untill you reach your first stop, doing paperwork is expected to be charged to the customer
It was a wonderful place to really get involved with vendors and internal personal. The people there were great to work with and get to know.
AP Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 3, 2013
A typical day was very busy, it was usually a 10 hour or more day. Working so closely with the vendors gave me the opportunity to really learn the system and be able to navigate very quickly through it.

The hardest part of the job was the system we worked on, it was called Quipware. It was one of the most difficult systems I have ever worked with. It takes new employees months to learn all the in's and outs.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the co-workers.
Pros
being able to let my employees work ot if they needed.
Cons
very few holiday's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7