Nautilus Hyosung Employee Reviews

Stay away. not worth working at
Field service engineer (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 8, 2019
The amount of Hours and days they expect you to work is ridiculous staying out till 2 and 3 am in the morning after coming in at 8am in the morning is unacceptable. 7 plus days straight. You're scheduled off time means nothing. Dangerous job also. There are plenty of better companies out there hiring right now choose one of those. This company has the worst business model. I feel like the FSE's that remain working there and allow the company to abused them the way the company does are desperate for a job and unemployable anywhere else in America. Just sad that a company could treat people that way. 16 plus hours a day 7 days a week. Chaotic inventory control and tracking.
Pros
three weeks in Texas for training all-expenses-paid
Cons
Everything like you sold your soul to the devil
A Well-Paying Prison
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 16, 2018
Make no mistake, unless you land in the right areas (regionally, this company has techs all across America,) you will live to work. I do not mean the typical, 9-5 working for the weekend.

Remote techs are on call from 8 AM to 12 AM. Anything that comes in between that time, is all yours. Countless 15 hour days.

To top it off, management is a joke, and the folks at HQ (located in Irvine TX) are very unhelpful. Management and the people you answer to (despite them touting that you are your own "boss",) will time and again give incorrect information regarding the procedures needed to complete given tasks in the field, or administrative work (I.E returning parts, etc.) Not to mention, you are disrespected both personally and professionally at every turn by people who ride desks all day and get to go home at a cozy 5 to 6 p.m each night, while you and the other countless slaves are on your 15th hour of the day, with 10 more calls in your queue.

To top that off, every Friday you have a conference call. This is your managers time to whine and complain about whatever is on their mind, and for the busier techs in the region to remind all of the remotes that they don't actually do any work, in comparison to themselves.

Many remote techs do not get days off. Meaning if you work 80 hours one week (and you will, believe me, you will) you go straight into the next week that, if you're lucky, will only be about 60 hours.

Perhaps I sound like I am whining to you hard-workers out there. Perhaps I am. I was thankful for this job in the beginning. It was the highest paying job
  more... I've ever had (given the amount of OT, I was on pace to make about 45 K, here in the South East.) But once the job started taking over my life, it was time to get out.

If you are someone who doesn't have school, family, or hobbies, by all means, work for this company.

The pay is good, absolutely nothing else is.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No work-life balance, disrespectful and clueless management.
Nautilus Hysoung
Field service engineer/Full-time (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
I had fun but there was a lot I was dealing with that year. The job was exciting and the people was great. I just had a problem with the new supervisor.
job
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 27, 2018
Great company to work for. Has lots of freedom to do your job. Has long days sometimes, but balances out with the shorter days. Aveage 40-50 hrs a week.
Pros
lots of freedom to do job.
Cons
On call days can get to be long
Don't bother
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  West coastMay 25, 2018
Company provides little more than a paycheck. Poor management, endless hours and no work /life balance. Employees are underpaid, unappreciated, unsupported and undervalued. Very little consistency, policies change weekly and not for the better.

Unhealthy corporate culture promotes numbers and money over employee well being. Many new hires not being trained properly and are unable to do the job, forcing longer term techs to work harder and longer.

Counterproductive management results in frustration and resentment between techs. Management uses intimidation and harassment instead of support and appreciation.
Pros
Paycheck never bounced
Cons
Stress, fatigue, lack of support, unreasonable demands
Productive and Fun Work Place
ForkliftOperator,Receiving,MaterialCoordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2018
The job is Awesome ! i love the people here there amazing & different ! very outgoing and outspoken. The company is growing rapidly and doing good ! Definitely a good job to start for Beginners.
Work to Life
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2018
The work to life ratio is off. That is one of my main concerns. When your about to get off and a call comes in, they want you to take it instead of giving to another tech. Say the drive is an hour away now you have to work 2.5 hours OT minimum and this happens a lot. I like to know when its my time to go I can go.
Horrible management treat you like cattle
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 12, 2018
While job seems ideal at the onset..you soon realize that they are a new company experiencing growing pains.
Direct management is awful due to Senior Service Manager being stuck in the 1970's, his view of you and the world is stuck there, you should consider yourself lucky to have a job there. They are very cheap, trust no-one.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Service Manager is awful, and it affects EVERYONE!
Technicians are great, Management is poor.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2018
When working at Nautilus they do not care if you are sick or being harassed. They take no action even if you request assistance from HR.
The work however is simple, sometimes difficult but there is steps posted for everything.
Systems change frequently as well as the steps to do so.. Management does not do enough training because there is so much work to do. Must be patient with Customers and technicians calling in. Other departments didn't assist well when needed.
Pay attention to detail, document everything because they will try to place blame for actions taken.
Very competitive, cut-throat, and interesting.
Pros
Talking with people all over the United States
Cons
Dealing with angry customers because you had to create excuses for servicing.
Typical day
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Sometimes a typical day can be stressful when more than one machine breaks down at the same time and your the only one on shift. So you have to use your time effectively.
Very relaxed and stressless
Sales (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 17, 2018
There is no room for advancement, bonuses or incentives for over achieving or hitting goals. I work in sales and have been here for 1 1/2 and its becoming a dead end. If the compensation was on point this would be a great company to work for. Benefits are really good.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
financial compensation is very poor, no room for advancement for minorities or women
excellent
excellent team worker
excellent insurance
excellent place
excellent working
Productive and fun work place with great people
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2017
The job it self is pretty cool, great people work here the environment is pretty enjoyable to be around. The could get pretty busy but overall the team still manage to get it done.
Great Work, touch to balance
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
My experience with Nautilus Hyosung in the Northeast Region of USA as a Field Service Engineer has been overall positive. During my time at NHA, the management does a great job of staying on top of things and providing support to the engineers out on the field. Work-life balance can be hard to maintain due to the long hours spent on the road.

Since the schedule is shifted between day and night shift every two weeks, it can be hard to adjust to your a regular sleep schedule. During rush hours, getting to the designated service location in a timely matter can be stressful at first but it is something that one gets accustomed to as the time goes on.

Overall I found my time working at Nautilus Hyosung to be rewarding, but perhaps not so great for my work-life balance.
Pros
401k matching, insurance, independent
Cons
long hours, hard to establish routine schedule
Very Productive company with potential to advance further into other job opertunities.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2017
The job requirements at Nautilus Hyosung are very simple. We repair ATMs on a daily bases. This includes replacing modules and diagnosing problem machines. We also provide the best customer service in the business. We are on the road driving from site to site on a daily basis, with a specific time to arrive. Days can be long and tiresome. Direct management is great and will work with you if a family emergency happens or you need time off for a sick day or personal time for vacation. Some upper management have a disconnect from everyday operations in the field. I feel we are expected to do a lot of other jobs that prevent me from focusing on my specific job and taking away valuable time to concentrate on becoming a better asset to the company and this is the hardest part of the job. The workplace culture can be difficult at times due to some employees worry more about what you are doing rather than what they are doing. Overall the jobs still get done on a day to day basis. I do favor that we basically work by ourselves in the field and do not have to directly report to management on a daily basis. I also like that the customer is satisfied on a daily basis on the work performed on their machines. Direct feedback from the customer is extremely satisfying. I am a self taught learner in this company and had no prior ATM experience. I also am allowed to work at my own pace, especially if there is a problematic machine.
Pros
Benefits, customer satisfaction
Cons
not always time for lunch breaks
Great Company to work for
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 31, 2017
Enjoy everything about Nautilus Hyosung. People that work here are good knowledgeable co-worker to work with. I look forward to going to the office each day to contribute, eager to learn and grow professionally.
Awesome place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2017
Recently joined the company in 2017.

I guess some of the management and employees are now gone or replaced. I do not see any issues with people at Nautilus Hyosung America.

This company pays well and provide good benefits.

Everybody works hard at this company.
Pros
Nice people, competitive salary rate and nice working environment
Cons
small cafeteria
ATMs pretty reliable, Management not so much
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Originally I had felt very blessed to have this job, but unfortunately like many other jobs they will offer nice benefits to get you in the door and then widdle away at your benefits and make unannounced changes to you pay. The people are nice but some of the managers really only care about numbers, forget it!
Pros
Vehicle Provided, ATMs easy to service
Cons
Management puts numbers above all else
Decent pay no work life balance
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 9, 2016
decent money and benefits but they have no respect for your personal life frequently required to work days off always on call and holidays are required
Started with the company
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 9, 2016
This job requires long hours of work, 8am to 12 am minimum but was comfortable working from home and I like the environment and the team that I was managing.
I learned a lot, from managing a team of 30 technicians, to scheduling and customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours of work, either in a family event or sleeping, if the phone rings I have to solve the problem, but I wasn't complaining, loved the job.
Pros
Working from home