NAVEX Global Employee Reviews

Awful
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2018
I don't know how many times I was told, "They only care that your ... is in the chair." If you get sick, you will be disciplined for it. It doesn't matter if you have surgery or a trip to the ER, even with a doctor's note, you will be treated poorly for it. They do not care about their employees. The contact center is stressful and you better be prepared for the worst calls you can possibly imagine. You will not be supported either. Benefits are terrible. Turnover rate is huge. This will continue until they start caring for their employees.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Too many to list
Can be fun to work but unorganized.
Customer Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 5, 2018
My current team has terrible communication. My boss tells me one thing and his boss will tell me another. There is no clear path as to what they want.
It was ok
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 30, 2018
It was a ok company I do not have much to say. Other than the shift bids are terrible. And this review is pointless because the shift bids are not going to change
Modern office space with career advancement opportunities
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 19, 2018
I've been working at NAVEX Global in Lake Oswego, Oregon for 5+years, growing with the company as it has seen changes in ownership and considerable growth. I have experienced first hand that the company does promote from within and has ample career advancement opportunities, however I work outside of the contact center group. The executive team along with management in my department are approachable and fantastic to work with.

Training upon new hire varies by department, with formalized training bootcamp provided for sales employees. Office spaces across geographic locations have received refreshes with sit/stand desks.
Pros
Monthly breakfast/lunch, career advancement, project variety
Cons
At times feels highly "sales focused" which can impact morale in other departments
Sold with a pretty bow
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  NCJuly 13, 2018
Upon hire, employees are told that the company offers fantastic benefits, such as a flexible schedule, an emphasis on work-life balance, opportunities for growth from within, etc. All of which sounds fantastic but is unfortunately untrue. Employees select their initial schedule and before their first year are subjected to a "shift bid." The company prides itself in employees receiving schedules in their top 30% or so of preferences; however, most of the options are awful and destabilize employees' personal lives. There are no guaranteed increases in salary, and employees can earn a maximum of a 5% increase, which is not great when employees in the contact center start at a measely $14 per hour. Additionally, contact center employees are overworked, with the company having added a third call intake platform in the last year in Charlotte with no additional compensation. The fact that this company is owned by a private equity firm is painfully clear, as the company's only focus is growth, and maintaining veteran employees has fallen by the wayside. Unless you're perfectly content with never having a family and having an unfulfilling job that only rewards employees who are able to show up 100% of the time, this is not the job for you. Avoid if possible.
Fun but not productive.
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2018
This was a hard place to work for as management constantly changes. It's owned by an investment management group out of Oregon, so they try to squeeze every cent out of company before selling it off.
A Great Place to be Recognized
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJune 5, 2018
A typical day consisted of taking several calls from employees from any one of the NAVEX's several clients. Employees are expected to maintain a professional tone while dealing with the occasional aggravated caller. Management was extremely accommodating and left room for others to advance. Difficult to get to know all the members of your team due to the heavy call flow.
Low ethics and poor morale
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 4, 2018
We were not able to work at home as promised. This company has a high turnover rate. Management is not professional at all, and some were outright rude. There is no room for advancement, unless you plan on waiting a couple of years. No work life balance, and it was extremely boring. The upper management got to socialize, have holiday events, and activities. They would leave their left over food out as a favor for those who worked in the call center. The call center, and upper management had obvious unbalanced diversity. If you can sit for 8 hours, and have to ask permission for a bathroom break, then this is the job for you.
An Uphill Battle.
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
Working at NAVEX Global was a real challenge for me. You are consistently getting calls from belligerent, angry, rude, irrational people, which is expected from the nature of the job. However, there is no support from management in terms of defending employees from this type of abuse. Additionally, communication specialists are held to strict metric standards and are expected to take one call after another at the highest level of efficiency without any breaks in between expected for scheduled down time. All of these factors create an environment that absolutely drains you mentally, physically, and emotionally. I will say that the coworkers were great and that we really looked out for one another at the rank-and-file level, but the overall environment was still poor.
Pros
great coworkers, nice break room with mini-mart, food and refreshments frequently provided, nice building, great area, decent pay
Cons
angry callers, call volume, distant management, sub-par benefits, restrictive PTO policy, favoritism
Excellent co-workers, great environment
Product Owner/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 18, 2018
Good leadership and management, skilled and friendly co-workers, autonomy encouraged, very collaborative relationships. Would work there again if possible.
Pros
Complimentary breakfasts a couple times monthly, Good leadership and management, skilled and friendly co-workers, autonomy encouraged, very collaborative relationships
Cons
Some caving to clients on part of upper management
Gives you points as if you're a rewards card Horrible ethics!
Ethics and Compliance Insurance claims rep (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 16, 2018
Navex is very monotonous. There is no flexibility with hours, no part-time positions. This job should allow working from home. They discontinued work from home and only allowed the people who already work from home to continue to work from home. The workplace culture is somewhat nice to an extent. Too many unhappy workers that were there unwillingly.

Mangement and the whole corporate paradigm needs to realize nobody wants to work hard and be bullied into taking on more work without pay. If you're going to have it stressful you should be working from home at least your in your own environment. If you're going to pay less you should be working from home no questions asked!

Nothing was enjoyable about getting off work too late to do anything and 8 hours of your day is demolished every day of the week. It's slavery at it's finest. Nothing was flexible especially the hours. They treated you like a rewards card and gave you points for everything you did wrong. They rewarded you with disciplinary actions or being fired. Management should be ashamed of themselves for adopting such horrible ethics.
Pros
Ok money and benefits
Cons
Stressful place to work as well as horrible ethics in management. Not worth the money and benfits
Annoying Job
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GaMay 14, 2018
Almost non- stop calls coming in with about 40% of them being spam and not actual customers. 3rd party company so you get a lot of unexpected calls. Mundane job, you literally do the same thing every day.
Not for everyone
Ethics and Compliance Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 2, 2018
A different type of work culture. No assigned seating. No room for growth. Information not given at the training. You find out as you go along. Management let you get too far gone before you are told of options. Management worried more about their smoke breaks. The review don't gear you up for growth. A raise after 90 days but no mention of a raise after that. Shift bid environment where you hardley see anyone with Saturday and Sunday off. Most get one weekday and one weekend day.
Pros
free catering events
Cons
management some good some awful, point system, shift bid system
Overall a Positive Place
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 18, 2018
This has been my favorite atmosphere that I have worked in. I loved the aspect that you had one on one time with management often. Management also did a great job with telling things that you did well as well as what to improve on. Management also cared about your personal life and would ask how it was going.
Awesome!
Pros
Everyone's voice was heard
Cons
The points system set in place was stressful
This place is great.
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Navex. This company really took care of me as an employee. I have never worked somewhere that have an employee lounge with a videogame, couches, and a small store inside. Everyone automatically thinks call centers are the worst to work for because most are sales or collection agencies. But this company is completely different. I enjoyed working here because I felt like I helped those I encountered. It can be very busy and there are always calls because it never closes. But that is also the beauty of that place. You can get whatever shift you want to fit your life. You can work as early or as late as you want. When I was there I was finishing school, I was able to fit work in with that. A lot of jobs today the schedule isn't flexible to include going to campus for school. It is easy to get burned out with the routine of sitting at a computer taking calls all day, I think the company understands that because they hosts events and give employees food which is always great. As a young person that wanted to see what else was in the world, I had to go. But it is a great place for those escaping the boredom of retirement, as many of the people I met personally told me. I truly enjoyed my experience there and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Great starter pay, benefits, numerous shifts, company cares for employee wellness, great people
Cons
Calls can be overwhelming, can become too routine, could get undesired shift in a bid
A good temporary job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 12, 2018
It is a good job to work at for a short period of time while trying to find a better job. The people and supervisors/management are great but the kind of work can be rather frustrating, especially the callers you cannot help. It is very structured and can get very mundane. They do offer PTO but only have a certain amount of hours allotted for each day so there is no guarentee you will be able to take a day off that you need, particularly Saturdays.
benefits
Cons
micro managed, short lunches and breaks
A good place to work
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2018
This was a good place to work, very professional. The work life balance at this company is a bit skewed as it does not allow for real time off or the ability to call out
Depressing and energy draining place to work.
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2018
Avoid, if something else is on the table. Not a pleasant place. Saps energy from the air and the human body. Employees are just vehicles to an end. if you enjoy working in a vacuum, devoid of real interaction, then pursue it.
Pros
It is a paid job.
Cons
Employees are not made to feel valued.
A great place as you are moving
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
A great place to work. I learned a lot of my skills here. Pay could improve though. But there is always overtime available, so if you are willing to work the hours, you can make a decent living.
toxic environment - revolving door
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2018
you had to quickly adapt to the culture even if you did not agree with - knew I had made a mistake first day of employment , you could tell this was not a team culture and it was THEIR way or highway
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAVEX Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight