Navicent Health

Navicent Health insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Not the best.

Prefer to work from home. Management is subpar. Other than that, it’s a job. Coworkers constantly competing with one another. Like I said it’s job.

Short staffed and unsafe nurse-patient ratios

Unsafe work environment. Not safe for nurses or patients. There are not enough techs, respiratory therapists, dietary staff, nurses, lab techs. Important labs are not being drawn in timely matter, which has resulted in delayed care. So short on nursing staff, I keep my fingers crossed that two patients don't get into trouble at the same time, because there are not enough nurses to care for two critical patients at one time.

Pros

nothing

Cons

no staff

Good Doctor/nurse relationship

Doctors and nurses are a team and treat each other with respect. I like the closed units because it makes knowing which doctor to call much easier. What ever you are looking for Navicent has it. SO many specialty areas and room for growth.

Pros

Level 1

Cons

Short breaks, and interrupted lunches

Management is poor

I love working for Navicent it’s not the job it’s management they don’t know how to talk to people … we are adult not children… the staff in the emergency room part treat me like family I love the tech, nurses, and housekeeper people I working with

No hassles from management

I come in do my job and no one bothers me, which is what i am looking for in a company. Pay increases on a fairly consistent schedule. Really good medical insurance and a company health clinic, only 20.00 to see a doctor and the even give you any medications prescribed for free !!

Pros

Pay raises after 6 months

Cons

Have to work for a lunch break I never get to leave the facility for (Night shift only)

Okay workplace

Working for navicent was okay if they paid the clinical techs more than it would be great,the work environment and people was good especially co-workers but management sucked we was overworked and didn’t make enough money! They don’t treat the techs fair they overlook us and respect the nurses more.

Pros

Can make own schedule, only work 3 days out each week

Cons

Pay sucked

Good and bad... just like anywhere else

This place is filled with amazing, supportive, and knowledgeable women. But it also has its little cliques that can make it miserable if you don’t fit in.

Pros

Learning environment

Cons

High turnover

Learning experience

High stress place to work due to understaffing and very sick patients. There will be times you want to cry. However, there is so much experience to be gained as a professional and a person. There will also be people you meet that show amazing support and teamwork.

Pros

Experience, Pal, Insurance, Flexible schedule

Cons

Understaffed, high stress, the shift diff is laughable, pay for parking and food

You will learn a lot

Great place for a new graduate in any area of healthcare. There is so much to learn and experience. NH is a non-profit, level I trauma hospital, so you get a great experience.

Pros

Transferring to another department

Cons

some days you don't have time to take a break.

Productive WFH Support

Good entry level position for someone out of school or in school. Very good pay, nice employees and manager. Can be overwhelming at times, but it is to be expected with the migration with Atrium.

I love this work, have been doing it for 20+years

The work itself is very good, I love what I do! The management is horrible!!! They take care of favorite people and treat others who work very hard and do a great job badly! it depends on "if" they personally like you, if they do, you can't do anything wrong (even if it's a really bad job) if they don't like you, no matter how wonderful you do, how knowledgeable you are, how much money you bring in. They will find a way to put you down. It's very sad to watch really good people get treated unfairly. I have seen people who have been excellent employees, who work hard every day, don't miss work, who have years and years experience not get what someone who literally has less than 3 years experience get. Shame on the management!!

Pros

rewarding experience

Cons

bad management

Good people to work with but LOW PAY

I am a Nurse Practitioner. The people are great and the MDs on my team are eager and willing to teach. However, the pay is not in line with what an NP should be making.

Pros

Good People to work with.

Cons

Low Pay

Poor work life balance and compensation

For all of the work that they want done, they pay you next to nothing. You basically have to kill yourself working overtime just to get a decent paycheck. They will give you a schedule to work and then change it without letting you know. Management is horrible and HR does not provide any assistance with resolving issues.

Inadequate staffing

This job could really be bearable if there was adequate staffing. Very high turnover rate. Upper management seems to be concerned solely with patient satisfaction ratings, but not at all with employee satisfaction and morale.

Cool place to work

Cool place to work. Everyone speaks to you. Rarely do you get rude employees. The job is great. You get to meet a lot of people and see a lot of things.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Career progression

Ok place too work. Productive some workers are friendly nice

Pay salary should be much better health benefits must be 100% better. Not everybody is nice and welcoming. Needs more improvements. I may recommend a few people but it’s not meant for everybody too work in this career job Profesional

Pros

Pay ok benefits ok

Cons

Short breaks no proper training

Not all floors are the same

I am currently in nursing school and my coworkers, who are nurses, visually taught me some things while I was working with them. When it was time for wound cleaning or changing or even putting in a new iv, I'd ask if I can watch and they'd walk me through the process. While some wanted me to do the work and I'm not even capable of doing that yet. At every job you'll have people you will not get along with. I have a list that I wouldn't want on my team if I have I broke my baby toe. When you get pulled to other floors they give you the most difficult patients. I learned a lot from the staff and the patients and getting pulled to different floors. Negotiation is key from start to end. They don't want to lose employees so they'll work with you until you are sick of working with them. The pay raise isn't as well....on some floors...by the cents.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

Techs do not get actual breaks, the cafeteria is expensive even with the "employee discount", if your phone cant reach you cant go, management is not always there for you, n

Good builder for healthcare experience

If you want a career that requires some type of non-clinical (or general) healthcare experience, it'll be good to work here, especially if you're a newly graduate or in high school. However, if you would wanna stay in hopes of advancing/getting promoted, and staying long-term, then it's not a good idea (unless you're in a clinical position). Most positions here, including clinical positions are underpaid and overworked. Unnecessary drama and cattiness among workers.

Pros

Good for entry-level healthcare experience

Cons

Co-workers get away with not doing work, employee parking is not free

Fast paced work environment

Enjoyed coworkers and patients but the pay for the amount of work that was required was very low. Very fast paced environment as well. May go 12 hours without a break.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

It's okay

The pharmacy department needs a lot of work and management isn't interested in fixing it. Only their own personal advancement. There is racial bias as well as favoritism. Certain positions are over looked as well for whatever reason. When a complaint is brought to management it's probably not going to be taken seriously. Certain management personal have terrible people skills. There is also a distinct divide between techs and pharmacists. we barely had pharmacy week a few years ago because they aren't interested in any of that. Don't get me started on the lack of advancement for techs as well. Communication is also an area where they flop. They're are good eggs however and lots of incredibly smart techs and pharmacists who embody the navicent culture. They're just underappreciated.

benefits

Cons

Favoritism, uncaring, lack of advancement

Busy and fast pace

The work was fairly simple, all things I learned in school. It was face paced and busy. The manager was kind. They co workers were kind as well. Benefits are great.

Benefits

Cons

Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navicent Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight